Hard Knocks in season Indy Colts starting 11/17

Albany,n.y.

I don’t watch hard knocks as it’s just not interesting to me, but then again I don’t like any reality shows.

im just glad the Pegulas are smart enough to know to not be part of shirt show every year.  I want nothing to do with Hard Knocks for the Bills, and I’d lay $neither does Beane and McD.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t watch hard knocks as it’s just not interesting to me, but then again I don’t like any reality shows.

im just glad the Pegulas are smart enough to know to not be part of shirt show every year.  I want nothing to do with Hard Knocks for the Bills, and I’d lay $neither does Beane and McD.

It has nothing to do with the Pegulas wanting or not wanting...

It's a set of rules that show which teams have the chance to be on or not.

Edited by TBBills

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

They will start covering the Colts about a week before our game with them. So the Bills/Colts game should figure prominently in the 2nd episode. 

Yeah, I was just going to post something similar.  The Bills play the Colts in OP on the 21st.

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

they will follow a team during the season?  seems like a huge distraction.  

Folks jump to say this about Hard Knocks, but it never has been, and I dont remember anyone ever complaining about it.

These guys already have a ton of media and stuff in their lives. It becomes part of the job. And most of the time, the Hard Knocks cameras are just stand-alone surveillance cameras setup in the room.

I think the idea of it being a distraction only comes from us commoners who dont already have the news/media hovering over us 24/7 like the players do.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

In season reality shows just prove how little the NFL cares about the actual product. 

I think they care about the product. They just have different goals/vision for the product than we do.

Believe it or not, Hard Knock has been a popular show, so here we are.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills on it. There was an article a couple weeks ago about McDermott "embracing the fame" so to speak.

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Trying really hard and can't think of a more boring team

I'd say any NFCE team, Rams, Texans, Lions, Broncos, Saints, Bucs....all less interesting to me.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think they care about the product. They just have different goals/vision for the product than we do.

Believe it or not, Hard Knock has been a popular show, so here we are.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills on it. There was an article a couple weeks ago about McDermott "embracing the fame" so to speak.

I'd say any NFCE team, Rams, Texans, Lions, Broncos, Saints, Bucs....all less interesting to me.

Oh yeah, Hard Knocks is definitely popular, but I don’t see how following a team during the season is positive from a competitive prospective. As long as Brady and Mahomes are throwing for 400 yards a game, the NFL doesn’t care about true quality. The average fan is investing more money in the game than ever before, but those fans don’t necessarily understand the intricacies of the game. Any decline in the on field isn’t going to be noticed by the average fan. Stunts like Hard Knocks in season, international games, and expanding the season, doesn’t seem like the best way to get the most out of players, but maybe my take is just a bit old school. 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Folks jump to say this about Hard Knocks, but it never has been, and I dont remember anyone ever complaining about it.

These guys already have a ton of media and stuff in their lives. It becomes part of the job. And most of the time, the Hard Knocks cameras are just stand-alone surveillance cameras setup in the room.

I think the idea of it being a distraction only comes from us commoners who dont already have the news/media hovering over us 24/7 like the players do.

The issue I would have is if the Colts are allowed to "edit" hard knocks, I certainly wouldn't want to air my plans on national TV or give any hint of what is going on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Oh yeah, Hard Knocks is definitely popular, but I don’t see how following a team during the season is positive from a competitive prospective. As long as Brady and Mahomes are throwing for 400 yards a game, the NFL doesn’t care about true quality. The average fan is investing more money in the game than ever before, but those fans don’t necessarily understand the intricacies of the game. Any decline in the on field isn’t going to be noticed by the average fan. Stunts like Hard Knocks in season, international games, and expanding the season, doesn’t seem like the best way to get the most out of players, but maybe my take is just a bit old school. 

And gambling! The NFL has invested big time in the betting business. That's doing the most to ruin the game, in my opinion.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I watched it.  They spent a lot of time showcasing the upcoming birth of Carson's baby girl, and what a sweet guy he is.  They also showed what a good sweet guy Darius Leonard is off the field, and what a crazy person he is on the field.  They used a tape of the Bills/Jags game to create a blocked punt scheme, which worked and probably won the game for them.

Carson Wentz and Frank Reich share a fondness for a particular bible verse, which seemed to create a tremendous bond between them.  Frank is a believer in God and Carson Wentz, and that is nice.  

Jonathan Taylor is a great player.  

I look forward to next week's show, especially if the Bills win the game.

This was an absolute snooze-fest. Even worse than the Training Camp version.

Amazon did it way better, as they focused less on the personal/family stories and kept it more about what goes on in the building and during games (at least, IIRC).

I dont care about Wentz's family and kids, nor any of the players' families. Show me what goes on with day to day activities as a football player/coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This was an absolute snooze-fest. Even worse than the Training Camp version.

Amazon did it way better, as they focused less on the personal/family stories and kept it more about what goes on in the building and during games (at least, IIRC).

I dont care about Wentz's family and kids, nor any of the players' families. Show me what goes on with day to day activities as a football player/coach.

The never ending quest to turn the NFL into CNN and a reality show ughhhhhh. 

It's like a social experiment to take the world's best product, and see how far they can manipulate it before people stop buying it, it really is insane. Your product is amazing, quit trying to tinker with it!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.