TNF: NYG at WFT 8:20 NFLN

YoloinOhio

As it relates to the Bills, I saw some encouraging and not so encouraging signs with the Washington Football Team.

On the plus side, they let Daniel Jones run for 95 yards. That would seem to bode well for Josh Allen. Also on the plus side, Tyler Heinicke didn't really wow me. He looks like the type of QB that the Bills defense usually does well against.

On the negative side, their two defensive ends, Chase Young and Montez Sweat, are likely to give the Bills' tackles fits.

Ron Rivera will be bringing a pretty fierce defense to town and will have ten days to prepare to take on his former DC, Sean McDermott. 

Overall, while I don't think it will be an "easy" win because of Washington's defense (and their defensive line, in particular), I don't believe the Washington offense will be able to put as many points on the board as the Bills. Bills win.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

As it relates to the Bills, I saw some encouraging and not so encouraging signs with the Washington Football Team.

On the plus side, they let Daniel Jones run for 95 yards. That would seem to bode well for Josh Allen. Also on the plus side, Tyler Heinicke didn't really wow me. He looks like the type of QB that the Bills defense usually does well against.

On the negative side, their two defensive ends, Chase Young and Montez Sweat, are likely to give the Bills' tackles fits.

Ron Rivera will be bringing a pretty fierce defense to town and will have ten days to prepare to take on his former DC, Sean McDermott. 

Overall, while I don't think it will be an "easy" win because of Washington's defense (and their defensive line, in particular), I don't believe the Washington offense will be able to put as many points on the board as the Bills. Bills win.

I was actually watching thinking their DT’s might be our biggest issue. Jonathan Allen and Da’Ron Payne are really really good. But holy cow that defense got torched on the read option plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't realize that the Bills next two opponents will both be coming off extended time to prepare since they play the Thur night game.

But both are at home and in a way I'm glad the Redskins won last night so they won't be completely desperate at 0-2 coming into Buffalo. Their defense does not look anything close to what I thought it would be though which is another good sign for this game with the Bills next week.

Poor decision making by the Giants.  Under 5 min left in the 3rd, up 5 and Judge as them kick the PAT.  Predictably they lost by 1.  That franchise has really fallen.  Gettleman’s drafting and other decisions, including failing to put a decent OL in front of a young QB, have been questionable to say the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Tyker Heinicke got "away with a lot" imo.  At least one  more pass should have been intercepted but even his completions, it seemed like most passes were high and many were behind the receiver.    Giant secondary looked awful, then again Washington's wasnt much better.

Young and Sweet are going to have a field day versus Buffalo unless Dawkins "recuperates" and/or we make adjustments.

35 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I was actually watching thinking their DT’s might be our biggest issue. Jonathan Allen and Da’Ron Payne are really really good. But holy cow that defense got torched on the read option plays. 

Washington's inability or reluctance to set the edge and/or stop Jones from running wild was laughable, an they called that 57 yard Jones TD call back a questionable holding call.  Washington has some  serious defense issues on the edge, Allen could run for a 100 if they dont change.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Juan Nightstand said:

Was watching Daniel Jones last night and he reminds me a lot of the QBs during the drought. Guys like Losman and Manuel who were drafted with a lot of promise, but just didn't have it. You'd hold out hope that they'd turn into something, but you never got the feeling you could win consistently with them. That cycle of mediocrity sucks

Jones is a lot better than either one of those guys IMO. But its certainly true that the G-Men have been in a funk for years now.