Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Serious question...why are you such an arsehole?  Beaten up a lot in high school?  Abusive parents?  Teenage acne that never healed?  Micropenis?  You've got issues, man.

See what I mean.........just searching for random insults to dehumanize someone who just has no tolerance for your whining about a resilient and loyal fanbase.

"Oh poor me........ I can't go to the playoff games because I gave up my season tickets in frustration when Sean McDermott was hired😢.....and also because somehow after growing up in WNY and after 27 years of having seasons I also don't have any friends who can help me out".

Why do you think people would empathize with you for that?  

Just maybe not having tickets and friends or being able to deal with TSW after a loss is on you.

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That's nice of you to not call out @eball...........but he literally started a thread about it.

Talk about a waste of time and trash to sift thru.........people are always going to have criticisms of the team when they lose anything but a meaningless game.........this thread is complaining for the sake of complaining.

I think this thread suggests it certainly isn't a 1 person problem. And the irony is some of these people are the exact ones who accuse the people they term as "haters" of only appearing after a loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

I tend to avoid it after big, easy wins, b/c that's when the kool aid drinkers come out, ridiculous predictions start flying, and it's just generally better to avoid.

For some reason, as I've said for years, your average 2BD member is a kool aid drinker type who simply wants to cheer on the team as part of a booster club culture.

I just want objective analysis of what's going on with the team, if that's bad news, so be it.  

Those are 2 very different purposes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't 'avoid' it, but it is frustrating.

I usually tend to look at an outcome of any situation/situations and think of things in an "Occam's razor" type of way.  In the Bills loss to the Steelers, to me that meant simply "the Offensive line is bad and they played bad".  All other outcomes result from that point, as that is the dominant point. 

The "Josh had a terrible game and has regressed", the "Dabol should be demoted", "run Singletary a lot more", all those other explanations can seem like there is something behind them, but they may or may not even be the answer.   

Of course, this is a message board, if we all agreed on the primary reason for a loss and there was no discussion, it would be a boring place and I would avoid it even more for lack of ANY discussion.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

See what I mean.........just searching for random insults to dehumanize someone who just has no tolerance for your whining about a resilient and loyal fanbase.

"Oh poor me........ I can't go to the playoff games because I gave up my season tickets in frustration when Sean McDermott was hired😢.....and also because somehow after growing up in WNY and after 27 years of having seasons I also don't have any friends who can help me out".

Why do you think people would empathize with you for that?  

Just maybe not having tickets and friends or being able to deal with TSW after a loss is on you.

You didn't answer my question.  Really, I'd like to know what transpired during the years of your cognitive development that caused you to be this way, to the point where you basically stalk me in posts to insult my fandom.  Like I said, you've got issues, dude.

23 hours ago, Klaus said:

Is the pope catholic? 

*not that I participate much to begin with

I don't know man.  I've known the guy for years but we have a rule never to discuss religion or politics.  I can tell you that he has the world's lousiest love life.  Not too good with the ladies, that guy.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:09 PM, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I just take a day.  Usually the insane doom and gloom is over after that.

1 hour ago, eball said:

You didn't answer my question.  Really, I'd like to know what transpired during the years of your cognitive development that caused you to be this way, to the point where you basically stalk me in posts to insult my fandom.  Like I said, you've got issues, dude.

What made me so inclined have little tolerance for self loathing types like yourself?   I guess a good upbringing, great life-long friendships, a happy marriage, large family of great kids, perspective and experience gained from hard work, loyalty and generosity?    The first step of getting out of your wallow is to want to.    But in the meantime keep trying to get everyone else to change instead........good luck with that.:thumbsup:  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@BADOLBILZ…the day you stop stalking me on this board to insult my fandom is the day I believe you’re a happy, well adjusted individual. But the truth is I believe you’re just a typical internet message board bully trying to find importance in putting others down. Sad. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What made me so inclined have little tolerance for self loathing types like yourself?   I guess a good upbringing, great life-long friendships, a happy marriage, large family of great kids, perspective and experience gained from hard work, loyalty and generosity?    The first step of getting out of your wallow is to want to.    But in the meantime keep trying to get everyone else to change instead........good luck with that.:thumbsup:  

36 minutes ago, eball said:

@BADOLBILZ…the day you stop stalking me on this board to insult my fandom is the day I believe you’re a happy, well adjusted individual. But the truth is I believe you’re just a typical internet message board bully trying to find importance in putting others down. Sad. 

Any chance I can get you guys to chill? You’re both long standing, excellent contributors here, but this is crossing every line of civility. 
Please don’t make me do my job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:09 PM, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

Not just you.  This is my first time on since the game.  Don’t have time for the doom and gloom.  The loss is bad enough.  Don’t need the lack of reason that comes right after a loss.

Edited by purple haze

I usually wait until  Wednesday or Thursday, win or lose, to avoid the hot takes and internecine warfare between posters.  I am mainly interested in why the Bills won or lost.  I am especially interested in the bad news associated with the wins and he good news associated with the losses.  I seek out the comments of thoswho seem to know what they are talking about  (&GunnerBill. et alia) and those who actually watched the game ( &Virgil et alia).  I avoid looking at ESPN and most of the national media, but I do that anyway, so it is not relevant to this thread.

The Buffalo Bills have been my one and only NFL team since 1960.  I would not disown the Bills for one bad game or one bad year any more than I would disown one of my children for one bad report card.  Yes, it is important to recognize where improvement is required, but one must realize the limitations of being a fan.  I can care all I want, but I am not the owner, GM, or coaching staff who make all the decisions (good or bad) for the team.

Edited by Epictetus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’s takes me till Wednesday morning to get over a loss. I get very down, can’t listen to any pundits talking about the game. My wife has been a much better fan since we’ve gotten better, ( since McDermott came to Buffalo 🦬) so I try and be a good sport around the house. But I’m such a sore loser the loses kill me especially since we have high aspirations 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I usually wait until  Wednesday or Thursday, win or lose, to avoid the hot takes and internecine warfare between posters.  I am mainly interested in why the Bills won or lost.  I am especially interested in the bad news associated with the wins and he good news associated with the losses.  I seek out the comments of thoswho seem to know what they are talking about  (&GunnerBill et alia) and those who actually watched the game (&Virgil et alia).  I avoid looking at ESPN and most of the national media, but I do that anyway, so it is not relevant to this thread.

The Buffalo Bills have been my one and only NFL team since 1960.  I would not disown the Bills for one bad game or one bad year any more than I would disown one of my children for one bad report card.  Yes, it is important to recognize where improvement is required, but one must realize the limitations of being a fan.  I can care all I want, but I am not the owner, GM, or coaching staff who make all the decisions (good or bad) for the team.

Post more, old timer! We have an eclectic group of AFL folks here. We had diapers made!👍