Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

I tell myself I'm taking the week off. Def skip Monday. Tuesday if I'm sure nobodies watching me, i sneak a visit or two.... by Wednesday I've created whatever narrative necessary in my head to convince myself it'll be ok, and dynasty run is back in place 😆😆😆

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t avoid this place, I don’t mind commiserating with other bummed fans. 

But I do avoid YouTube clips, gmfb, etc. which I typically enjoy throughout the week when we win. Now that I’m thinking about it I get almost as much enjoyment watching people talk about the win as the actual win itself. It also puts a damper on watching football on Sunday and Monday night. By Thursday I’m about over it so I can enjoy Thursday night football. 

A loss sucks, but it sucks a bit more when I know I’ll have little to no football related enjoyment throughout the following days. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not commenting on @eball or any other fan specifically but I do definitely feel there is a cadre of "I don't want to read negative things about the team even if they are justified" people around here. There always has been. It is why the Tyrod wars were so brutal because there were people who went real and constructive criticism was being made would rather just stick their fingers in their ears and find a way to try and spin a positive. So it doesn't surprise me that after a loss where there was plenty to comment on from the Bills and plenty that deserved some criticism a lot of posters would rather stay away. 

Ahh, but if it were only that...just peruse the front page of this board for the few days after a loss.  The threads are brutal and have nothing to do with constructive criticism of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, eball said:

Ahh, but if it were only that...just peruse the front page of this board for the few days after a loss.  The threads are brutal and have nothing to do with constructive criticism of the team.

Just don't click on those. Wait for @Virgil's post, or the Simms breakdown post, or the post @YoloinOhio made about the Bills coverage schemes. There has been lots of actual good football discussion on this board this week. Avoiding it because there are a handful of brutal topics in the 48 hours after a loss strikes me that a lot of people just don't want to read the criticism and would rather cheerlead or do the Sal on WGR and explain all the reasons why the Bills losing at home week 1 is a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I agree, and the Bills aren’t even my team.  Enjoy the ride, guys.  You’ve got a really good squad that played a mediocre week 1 game.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

I agree, and the Bills aren’t even my team.  Enjoy the ride, guys.  You’ve got a really good squad that played a mediocre week 1 game.

Dude I dunno how you manage more than one team board lol you check out other AFC contenders error hows that work? Just curious 

I moved down near Charlotte from Buff early 2020,and got flamed out of the Panthers board because "I'm a Bills fan first, and Panthers hang around 2nd" 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

Sorry, I just checked in after my, self-imposed, 5-day moratorium on all things Bills’ related after a demoralizing loss. Now, what was the question? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Unfortunately, I can’t. But I don’t stay long this week. I’m still not over that eye-opening poor performance and the doom and gloom hasn’t subsided. Far too many bad things in evidence last Sunday to just blow it off. Even the heart-breaking Hail Murray didn’t affect me this badly and we had 2 weeks then before we played again. 

I dread Sunday. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, eball said:

Meltdown Mondays are like unofficial holidays for me.  I love the overreactions.

Obviously, I hate when the Bills lose.

But the meltdowns are like my little built-in silver lining.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Dude I dunno how you manage more than one team board lol you check out other AFC contenders error hows that work? Just curious 

I moved down near Charlotte from Buff early 2020,and got flamed out of the Panthers board because "I'm a Bills fan first, and Panthers hang around 2nd" 🤷‍♂️

I put a couple of large bets on Buffalo 2 seasons ago for them to go over the win total and to win the division outright.  Started hanging out here during that season.  I read the Chiefs board but don’t post.  There’s some good football talk, but it gets drowned out by alt-right extremists who can’t discuss a Left Tackle’s performance without turning it into a political poop slinging contest.  🤮. Shame because it used to be a great board.

This is a better place for football discussion, so you’re stuck with me.  Also, we’re your biggest hurdle to reach the Super Bowl, and you might be our biggest hurdle, so most of the conversation is relevant to my interests.  I try to keep the trolling to a minimum.  Some days I’m more successful than others.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

I put a couple of large bets on Buffalo 2 seasons ago for them to go over the win total and to win the division outright.  Started hanging out here during that season.  I read the Chiefs board but don’t post.  There’s some good football talk, but it gets drowned out by alt-right extremists who can’t discuss a Left Tackle’s performance without turning it into a political poop slinging contest.  🤮. Shame because it used to be a great board.

This is a better place for football discussion, so you’re stuck with me.  Also, we’re your biggest hurdle to reach the Super Bowl, and you might be our biggest hurdle, so most of the conversation is relevant to my interests.  I try to keep the trolling to a minimum.  Some days I’m more successful than others.

Ahhhh makes sense, and im glad you're here. I'm a football fan before a Bills fan, so anyone that can intelligently add to discussion is good for the board!

Wish there was a good NFL board where everyone could cohabitate. There's some ok FB groups but using an actual website seems to skim off 95% of the overly casual fans. 

Looked like we both were gunna start 0-1. That Browns punt was the most Brownsie thing I've seen in a while 😆😆

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

I’ll say it again…you’re just a weirdo.  The point isn’t having a rational discussion, it’s sifting through umpteen ridiculous hot take threads.  Grow up.

Follow my advice.........stop letting a negative result ruin your subsequent week (or offseason).

You've literally laid your hyper-sensitivity bare on here SO many times over the years that there is no going back........we know.

Subsequently pretending that your issue is that posters on TSW are just causing you boredom or wasting your time discussing perceived "negative" subjects is a thinly veiled attempt at shouting down things you do not want to hear.

Trying to de-humanize me is a typical reaction from someone trying to avoid dealing with their own human issues.   There are plenty of people with your emotional and/or substance problems.........if you don't want to do something about them that's fine but don't expect to not get called out for the behavior. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not commenting on @eball or any other fan specifically but I do definitely feel there is a cadre of "I don't want to read negative things about the team even if they are justified" people around here. There always has been. It is why the Tyrod wars were so brutal because there were people who went real and constructive criticism was being made would rather just stick their fingers in their ears and find a way to try and spin a positive. So it doesn't surprise me that after a loss where there was plenty to comment on from the Bills and plenty that deserved some criticism a lot of posters would rather stay away. 

That's nice of you to not call out @eball...........but he literally started a thread about it.

Talk about a waste of time and trash to sift thru.........people are always going to have criticisms of the team when they lose anything but a meaningless game.........this thread is complaining for the sake of complaining.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Follow my advice.........stop letting a negative result ruin subsequent week (or offseason).

You've literally laid your hyper-sensitivity bare on here SO many times over the years that there is no going back........we know.

Subsequently pretending that your issue is that posters on TSW are just causing you boredom or wasting your time discussing perceived "negative" subjects is a thinly veiled attempt at shouting down things you do not want to hear.

Trying to de-humanize me is a typical reaction from someone trying to avoid dealing with their own human issues.   There are plenty of people with your emotional and/or substance problems.........if you don't want to do something about them that's fine but don't expect to not get called out for the behavior. 

That's nice of you to not call out @eball...........but he literally started a thread about it.

Talk about a waste of time and trash to sift thru.........people are always going to have criticisms of the team when they lose anything but a meaningless game.........this thread is complaining for the sake of complaining.

Serious question...why are you such an arsehole?  Beaten up a lot in high school?  Abusive parents?  Teenage acne that never healed?  Micropenis?  You've got issues, man.