Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

1 hour ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

It's not just you. I just don't have the energy for all the hot takes. I'm too busy wallowing in my own.

EDIT: It was easier when we sucked.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ll post here as my only football outlet actually.  

Watched the Raiders/Ravens but if it was an NFC game, probably would’ve avoided. 

Have not watched a second of NFL Network this week.  

Find myself speed scrolling through Bills tweets/IG updates like nope, don’t want to hear anything from you right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

After a loss, I just read the subject line of posts to see what the zeitgeist is. I rarely click into reading them for at least a day or two.

Example: sometime Monday there was a subject line of "Fire Daboll" or some such. What a stupid idea. I'm not even going to click through.

No, not really.  I've seen them lose before and have heard everything over the last....about 30 years.  I'm disappointed when they lose but I don't get triggered/upset/mad by others thoughts or over reactions.  Most of the over reactions are born out of frustration anyway, which I totally get.

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Nah, kinda fun catharsis to all be sad/mad together. Too many film junkies point out cool stuff. I definitely avoid national media though

100%

Like others, there are certain things I stay away from.  Especially now.

Ironically - and this is in no way comparing one great season to what the Pats had - but I do kind of see the typical Pats fan perspective on hot-take nation now.  Every time that team started slow, every pundit and opposing fan was ready to scream "overrated" and put some dirt on their coffin. Which of course they generally swept off pretty quickly.

I stayed away from everything this past week, except this board.  Some of the takes on this board were ludicrous, but in general, we have really knowledgeable & level-headed fans.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I tend to avoid it right after games whether we win or lose.  Overreacting seems to happen either way and I am not interested in those takes.

1 hour ago, eball said:

No.

I'm on this board every day. Even after a loss. It's a good place to vent, but there are threads I will avoid, because I cannot stand the doom and gloomers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

No there are a lot of people like you that are an emotional mess after a loss.

If you learn how to turn the page quickly on losses then discussing things like the corrective actions the team could/should make isn't so painful...........you can try to explain it another way but it's not boredom that keeps you away it's not being able to process the defeat in a healthy manner.

Result based fandom is why you regrettably gave up your season tickets..........it's not the way to "fan" if you don't intend to quit cold turkey.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

avoid?  

More like ignore the overreactions

• Like (+1) 2