Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 51
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

100%

Actually, I mostly avoid TBD, Twitter, and any other kind of social media after a loss.

I'm already usually in low enough spirits after a loss that I don't see any point in piling on by immersing myself in negativity. On the flip side, after a Bills win, I soak up all the articles, social media, and TBD that I can. 

Actually -- and this is a little off topic -- I find that I spend much more time here in the offseason than during the season. I wonder if that's common or if I'm just a weirdo. I find that discussing roster construction, free agency, draft picks, etc, is more interesting than dissecting wins and losses on this forum.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 15

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Actually -- and this is a little off topic -- I find that I spend much more time here in the offseason than during the season. I wonder if that's common or if I'm just a weirdo. I find that discussing roster construction, free agency, draft picks, etc, is more interesting than dissecting wins and losses on this forum.

You say that as though the two things  are mutually exclusive. ;)

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, eball said:

Particularly now that the Bills are a good team, I find myself participating much less frequently on the board during the week after a loss.  I lurk but post much less.  The threads get ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous) and it's exhausting.  Is it just me?

I prefer to post in an emotionally pissed off state of drunken stooper once I get home from the game.   

Then I go find someone who has a Steeler's flag on their house and I put an M-80 in their mailbox.      Ha ha.  Whose got the last laugh now byotch!

Then I wake up the next morning, tell myself I am never drinking again, and think about how bad the day is going to suck because I am hungover and the Bills lost.

Fast forward 1 week = repeat!  Woohoo!

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BigAl2526 said:

I take a day off from looking at Bills news and message boards after a loss.  I just don't want to deal with it, and I don't have to.  

After wins I can't get enough content. I listen to more podcasts and read more articles. After losses I don't want to do those things for a few days.

I've wondered about content creators because I'm sure they see significant drop offs after losses, so they not only have fan interest (if they are fans), but also business and career interest in the Bills winning. That's tough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3