Def lost opportunities

air2mud82

I think our defense gave up the fewest yards in the AFC week 1. So while they may have missed some opportunities for turnovers, they played dang well.

I think the Steelers defense just played really well too. They are a good team. The Bills offense couldn't get going. Josh was little bit off. Special teams was off too.

So yeah, we got beat. Have to play better, but I give props to the Steelers defense too.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The game reminded me of Bills games of yore, before they were good, when on 10-15 crucial plays one guy, a different guy, would make a mistake and muck it up. 

This happened a lot. The Bills are a good, solid team though. I don’t expect it to continue. 

This was a bad start against a good team we should beat at home. We had a lot of chances we squandered. But I doubt it changes the season much. 

This game was very similar to the last two matchups against the Steelers.  Tight games without much excitement except we lost the turnover battle -2 and failed to convert on any of our many chances.  Statistically, we beat them every facet by a significant margin except penalties, and most importantly, points.  

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

So we all agree they missed a ton of opportunities? 

Nothing newsworthy here, we should have won but didn't execute. The Tre interception call back was probably the only down right horrible call. 

Hey win some you lose some, hopefully it lights a fire early for the team.

Certainly we missed some opportunities. More on offense than defense.

But missed opportunities happen in every game. The other teams make some plays and humans aren't perfect so we miss opportunities. You'll never eliminat them but you have to minimize them.

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think our defense gave up the fewest yards in the AFC week 1. So while they may have missed some opportunities for turnovers, they played dang well.

I think the Steelers defense just played really well too. They are a good team. The Bills offense couldn't get going. Josh was little bit off. Special teams was off too.

So yeah, we got beat. Have to play better, but I give props to the Steelers defense too.

Yes, agreed, and the Steelers really did play damn well.

Wonder if Roethlisberger's arm will wear down as the year goes along, as it did last year.

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Edmunds struggles with ball skills. He’s lucky that ball he was batting around on the sidelines didn’t go as a fumble. He would’ve never lived that down. Whether it’s hand-eye coordination, or his adrenaline is running too high, he’s just not good securing the ball.

I remember that exact play and I was laughing at how clumsy Tremaine looked trying to get to it. I counted 3 ints that went off fingertips and of course the strip sack with no one around. 

I want to highlight something I did notice in replay last night... On at least 2 occasions, Edmunds physically moved/adjusted sunshine on the D line and put them in position to make a solid play. He literally put the lineman in the hole where the runner was going.

This shows growth and understanding in his game and leadership.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

What are you referring to?

They moved the ball to the Pittsburgh 35 before the drive stalled on a pass to Beasley and then a 4th down pass to Davis….it did look like Beasley was open underneath for what would’ve been a 1st down.

I watched just a bit of the replay last night. On the pass to Beasley there’s a Bills Receiver wide open right underneath in the middle of the field. He’s completely uncovered and Josh tried to force it into Cole. Allen wasn’t seeing the field well on Sunday. My two cents: chalk it up to a lack of live action game play during preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Levi getting a hand on the ball perfectly to slow it down and deflect it into a spot where only Diontae Johnson can make an easy TD grab was some *****.

Squandering a 75 yard kickoff return to start the game pretty much set the tone for the afternoon.

The second offensive play of the game was a pass to Diggs 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. 

That play killed that drive. 

Still thinking about who is just frustrated as we expected so much and fell short which is the majority, and who couldn’t wait to see weakness and just poke holes.  Lots of néw faces on the board saying they’ve been here for years, yet shockingly they have 24 posts.

im sure the majority are just frustrated.  Just remember vets how many Jets fans were passive aggressive last year creating multiple accounts etc.  what helps me is the new guys who are frustrated when we beat Miami (if we do) by 21 will find strengths in our team, or will poke holes in the LS, a dropped pass by a sure handed guy, ignore three excellent runs for the one bad one.

it’s why I don’t respond to a lot of the new guys.  I’ll wait til we have say three wins and are they truly fair balanced, or at least pats fan in NH are honest they are a pats fan.  That, zero, and so. On love their teams, not apologetic, but recognize when we do things well. Love you guys and provide balance.

my opinion is we had a very good defensive performance which is generally recognized by many pundits, but we can always be better.  Our offense is why we lost this game.  A characteristic, but happened.