"Bills and Titans are Frauds"

I tend to agree with Bart Scott. Until the Bills correct the problem with their offensive line, they aren’t going very far. The way the line played the other day, Josh can’t be Josh. Without the superlative play of Josh Allen, the Bills won’t go far because God knows we can’t/won’t run the football.

• Dislike 1

There are certain media people that are quick to dismiss the Bills and especially Josh Allen. I'm not quite sure why, but it happens.

The Bills have been a pretty good team for years now. Playoffs in three out of the last four seasons.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

I don't ever watch any of these shows. If I want to watch a hyperbolic show I'll watch a Super Hero show(which I dont)

Again what about the Packers? They get demolished by a Jamis Winston led Saints and it's nothing to see here.

Shows have to make extreme statements and 'takes' because competition is so fierce.  Really it makes all TV, but sports unwatchable and even that is trending in the wrong direction.

Packers, more importantly - Rodgers, have a track record, so I get why they aren’t being criticized like us.  

12 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

understandable…

Week 1 was terrible on all levels. Super Bowl teams don’t have games like that. Our QB regressed, our coaches can’t adjust and game plan was just too conservative. 

We got beat bad in all aspects. 

We are teetering on fluke status. Next week will be very telling on the direction we are going to go this year. 

Oh my god, a Super Bowl team ACTUALLY had a much worse game--I know it's hard to remember because it was a whole year ago, in week 1 even, and they got blown out. The KC Chiefs were 2-4 over a stretch of games that looked a lot like this in 2019. Even the friggin' 1985 Bears had a "game like this" against Miami. 

We also did not get "beat bad in all aspects." Najee Harris had one long run and was otherwise completely bottled up. Singletary looked very good. It was a close game that turned on a blocked punt.

A fluke? It's not like we were 3-13 and turned it suddenly around last year... we've been building a great team for years and were coming off a 10-6 playoff season.

Yikes

Edited by thurst44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I welcome this.  Bills heard too much praise in off-season and they didn’t seem hungry on Sunday.  

I was thinking the same thing, we get to slip comfortably back into our disrespected role. Better than our the sky is falling attitude.

• Like (+1) 2

Its a tie game without the block punt.  Thats the difference.  Buffalo and Pitts was a good game.  Defense on each played well.  Give me an L in Sept over November and December.  I think it humbles the organization and come out firing in Miami. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Week 1 was terrible on all levels. Super Bowl teams don’t have games like that. Our QB regressed, our coaches can’t adjust and game plan was just too conservative. 

We got beat bad in all aspects. 

No offense to you personally, but god almighty, this is one overreactive and stupid take. 

We played subpar and we were still leading against a playoff team for more than 3 quarters.  Our D held them to 4.6 yards per play.  We outgained them by 120 yards.  Yes, Josh was "meh", our o-line had a ton of holding penalties and we lacked balance, but the game essentially hinged on a blocked punt touchdown, which probably happens every 3-4 years, if that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I tend to agree with Bart Scott. Until the Bills correct the problem with their offensive line, they aren’t going very far. The way the line played the other day, Josh can’t be Josh. Without the superlative play of Josh Allen, the Bills won’t go far because God knows we can’t/won’t run the football.

In 2018, the Bills defense gave up somewhere around 70 pts and the most yards by far over the first 6 quarters of the season. For the rest of the season, they had the fewest yards allowed (and wound up a close third overall)... I doubt that it was just that Vontae was that bad. 

Things can change in a hurry from game to game and the offensive line did not look like that last year and it was almost the same guys, so maybe it was just one bad game against possibly the best front 7 in football. 

Get that punt off, or run Josh up the middle on the 4th & 1, and we might be having a very different conversation today. But, ifs, buts, etc. It was a bad game but far from a hopeless game. 

I wouldn’t call the Bills frauds but they really do struggle a lot against physical teams on either side of the ball. I don’t get why they don’t have that in them. I understand why it might give some people pause. But frauds….

We will most likely have a tough time against KC, TB, TEN, NO. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Relax Thurst. Don’t burst a blood vessel. Don’t be afraid my bro. 

Oh, lay off with the condescending nonsense. You relax, "bro"

I'm always amazed at people who will write something that's easily read as a rant and ridiculously hyperbolic and when someone responds, well, that person is unhinged. 

You wrote on a public board, something absolutely ridiculous, over-the-top and easy to counter and I did. calmly, I'm fine. You worry about your Cassandra self if you are going to rip a team apart after a close loss to a playoff team. The idea that "no SB team has a loss like this" is ludicrous. Arguably, every team but the 1972 Dolphins did.  And you say that the other poster "watched a different game."

• Like (+1) 3