The Ringer: is Regression coming for Josh Allen and the Bills?

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The thing is, when you factor out points that derive directly from turnovers, the Bills scored 14, 19, and 13 points vs. the Steelers in 2019, 2020, and 2021. And 7 of those 19 points in 2020 came after the Steelers punter shanked a punt that set the Bills up at the Steelers 40 yard line. Basically, the Steelers' defense is a terrible matchup for the Bills. 

When you can get pressure with 4 lineman it’s a bad matchup no matter who is on the receiving end 

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

When you can get pressure with 4 lineman it’s a bad matchup no matter who is on the receiving end 

There are ways to slow down a pass rush. For example, solid run game, screens, quick slants, misdirection plays, etc... The Bills flat out failed to make the proper adjustments, players didn't execute, and or they don't have the personnel to match up with the Steelers. Probably a combination of all three. 

17 minutes ago, Putin said:

Wish the Bills could do something similar. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You don't realize this..........but your opinion is irrelevant on this forum.........because it is devoid of any substance.

Just fishing for approval won't change that.

Not irrelevant to you. You get triggered every time I post.

lack of adjustments in the 2nd half cost us this game.   dont care about how close it was,  dont care about the blocked punt,  thats a fluke.

when a defense can get after your QB all game with just 4,   you arent going to win alot.    all i saw our OC do about that was.......nothing.    he didnt chip with a TE,  he didnt run screens,  did nearly nothing to slow down that pass rush.   cant win like that in the NFL.  hell,  Pitt got pressure with 3 on a few plays..........that......is on the oline.  if youve got 5 guys that cant block 3,  thats a problem.    

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Not irrelevant to you. You get triggered every time I post.

It looks like you've posted 11K times in the short time you've been here..........I might have had back and forth with you 3 times?    So check your math.   My point is that you are spamming the main board with hollow takes that are no better than "thumbs up/thumbs down" reaction level.    That's what they are there for.     Now if you up your bot-level post game maybe you can join a circle ***** the wall and make some friends you can also connect on Facebook with!.........but on the main board the objective should be advancing football discussion,  not what you do.  

• Dislike 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32214683/lessons-ugly-losses-packers-bills-titans-how-their-offenses-failed-nfl-week-1-be-concerned  (paywall)

conclusion from the author:  

So, did the Steelers reveal a blueprint for shutting down one of 2020's most explosive offenses? If you have Watt and Heyward, the answer is yes. Otherwise, I don't think there's some new solution here. Every team that watched Super Bowl LV saw the Bucs shut down the Chiefs with their front four, but even a Browns team with Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney didn't have enough for a similar showing on Sunday. There are little things requiring attention here and there for the Bills, but their biggest problem in Week 1 was facing a dominant defense.

Edited by Nineforty
paywall

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Even if they played that poorly against the Chiefs or Bucs.......in one of the greatest homefield advantages in team history......... it would be concerning.

Even today Vegas still expects the Steelers to finish 3rd in their division.

Let's not get carried away with the strength of the opponent.......the Bills beat themselves.........they didn't take what the defense gave them,   they got out-coached by A LOT(especially in the second half) and they failed to generate a turnover and lost that battle.

Given the Ravens truly ridiculous injury situation, I'll be surprised if they do better than the Steelers. 

21 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Unfortunately this may be something that is never fixed with Allen which is hindsight is another legitimate reason that his extension may have been premature.

A true elite QB is going to hit those type of passes more times than not which is why Mahomes, Rogers, Brady, etc are truly deserving of their MVP status. For whatever reason Allen is just can't do it even when a guy is wide open, still time for it to change though.

Hopefully his long ball is getting better. If memory serves the Saunders overthrow wasn't terrible. I thought Saunders was maybe 1 and 1/2 strides away. He used to overthrow John Brown, who is a true burner, by 5 yards. 

EDIT: I have now seen Wiz's earlier post with pics and with which I agree.

Edited by starrymessenger