It's Miami Week, and That Means HAIKU

Gugny

Joe Six Pack/Joe in Winslow has left the building.  The Miami Week Haiku tradition cannot die.  I've gotten his blessing to continue it in his stead.

Dolphins have no chance

Bills will be looking for blood

After last week's crap

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Joe Six Pack/Joe in Winslow has left the building.  The Miami Week Haiku tradition cannot die.  I've gotten his blessing to continue it in his stead.

Dolphins have no chance

Bills will be looking for blood

After last week's crap

It doesn’t rhyme. 

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Allen bounces back

Tua 's weak arm is exposed

Bills dominate Finns

That is not the principle behind Haiku

Yours doesn’t rhyme either. “Haiku” is loosely translated to mean “One who composes words must balance sound and syllables.” Try harder. 

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yours doesn’t rhyme either. “Haiku” is loosely translated to mean “One who composes words must balance sound and syllables.” Try harder. 

"Unlike many other forms of poetry, haiku poems do not need to rhyme. For a challenge, though, some haiku poets will try to rhyme the first and third lines. Exploring the unique form of haiku can be a great way to introduce budding writers to the world of poetry."

I dont need to try harder'

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"Unlike many other forms of poetry, haiku poems do not need to rhyme. For a challenge, though, some haiku poets will try to rhyme the first and third lines. Exploring the unique form of haiku can be a great way to introduce budding writers to the world of poetry."

I dont need to try harder'

Wikipedia is not always accurate. You need to look at the original scrolls from 12 BC. 

• Haha (+1) 3