Can the Bills win a SB without a killer instinct

Rebel101

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

No he isn't.  They got beat.  If anything the offensive line is 'soft'.  They tend to get pushed around physically.  Their bad play leads to the lack of a running game, which leads to obvious passing situations, which leads to a pass rush they already can't handle getting worse for the QB to deal with.

The coach is not soft.  If anything he may be tougher than you think because he knows this is a long season, because he CAN control his emotions, because he has the discipline to think of the long term plan for the season and not abandon it at the first 1/2 of game that doesn't go his way.

Agree about the O line.  They just are not real good.  I was excited when we signed Morse.  But he has been nothing but average since coming to the Bills.  Occasionally a little bit better.  Both our tackles looked lousy on Sunday.  And our Guards were no better.  A good O line is paramount to offensive success.  

Personally I think the problem is not softness on the team.  I think management fell too in love w the roster and its not nearly as good as we want to believe it is.  

I think after the playoff performance in all 3 games, that more changes should have been made.  We did not dominate the Colts by any means.  Very even game.  Our defense dominated the Ravens.  But the offense scored 10 points.  And the Chiefs Championship game was not a strong showing on either side of the ball.  Its a long season.  16 more regular season games.  But I certainly hope the coaches and players realize we are going to have to up our game every week, otherwise there is no way we are contending for a Super Bowl this year.  

6 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

No he isn't.  They got beat.  If anything the offensive line is 'soft'.  They tend to get pushed around physically.  Their bad play leads to the lack of a running game, which leads to obvious passing situations, which leads to a pass rush they already can't handle getting worse for the QB to deal with.

The coach is not soft.  If anything he may be tougher than you think because he knows this is a long season, because he CAN control his emotions, because he has the discipline to think of the long term plan for the season and not abandon it at the first 1/2 of game that doesn't go his way.

What are you talking about? We lost one game! By seven points! To a team we beat two times prior!

Just stop any and all of this *****. The offensive line is not soft. They got the best of our guys this game, that is all. The OL lost to maybe the best front four in the NFL. I do think the Stealers valued this game more than we did. We can fix that. I think of like Ali and Frazier, one beat the other then vice versa and so on.

I think this was a growing experience for our team. Even if we can't get past KC* this year, there's next year and the one after that.

* - Talk about something to be depressed about, Cleveland looked like they had them.... You have to play full bore for 60 minutes somehow.

The "Hail Murray" would have derailed just about every single drought-era Bills team.

It galvanized the current team. Instead of folding or letting down, they went on one of the most amazing runs the franchise has seen to win every game until the AFCCG.

So, I'm not sure how one defines "killer instinct."  To me, that's it.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, billsherd said:

They had too much killer instinct last Sunday. They wanted to hit a home run on 4th and 1 instead of just getting a yard. You have to play situational and smart football.

They just had a bad gameplan. They thought they could abuse the Steeler secondary and forgot Pittsburgh probably has the better pass rush in the NFL. Daboll and Josh and the OL were off.

8 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

McDermott Is soft as *****. It is apparent and Daboll is no different this team gets a lead and lets off the gas…they said they learned to stay aggressive last year clearly the sportsman on McDermott just don’t feel comfortable putting a cleat to someone’s throat…it is obviously an issue can they overcome it tho? Cause if not it’s just not gonna happen 

McVay is 36-0 while leading at the half. Enough said. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

The "Hail Murray" would have derailed just about every single drought-era Bills team.

It galvanized the current team. Instead of folding or letting down, they went on one of the most amazing runs the franchise has seen to win every game until the AFCCG.

So, I'm not sure how one defines "killer instinct."  To me, that's it.

That's where we are right now. Still second fiddle to KC (and maybe Tampa?) Maybe the the Stealer loss brings us down with teams like the Stealers, the rams, etc.....

I don't think Packer fans think the season is over either..... And they got killed by a weaker team than the Stealers supposedly and again they got killed. The Bills were up 10-0 at the half and lost by seven. That seven we gave up on Special Teams was just too much for that day vs. the Stealers...

If we were to meet again later this year I am not fearful. I am concerned vs. a very sold opponent.

And you know, it's probably going to come down to the very same thing again. We need to block their four well with our five.  That will do two things: it will give the receivers time to beat the heavy coverage and it will force the Stealers to send five, opening up coverages....

I'll tell you what, these six players have to play much better: Allen and the OL, maybe a better way of saying it is the whole offense. From McD and Daboll , on down. (Yes, McD does have say in the offense, after all, he is the HC.) 

I hope Dion Dawkins' body is resting well and will soon be ready to bounce back to his 2020 form.

52 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They just had a bad gameplan. They thought they could abuse the Steeler secondary and forgot Pittsburgh probably has the better pass rush in the NFL. Daboll and Josh and the OL were off.

Gameplan? It's going to come down to the same thing again. Our OL has to block their four and do it well. That's how we beat Pittsburgh the two times prior. That, and Allen has to play like one of the very best players in the NFL. Allen did in our two wins, he did not Sunday. There were times the Pittsburgh DL won last year but Allen saw them and adjusted and we beat them. That didn't really happen last Sunday.

We're not going to beat the Stealers by running a lot on them. Maybe we can run a bit more against them? For us to run effectively vs. the Stealers I think Allen has to be under center. He doesn't see nearly as well passing when he takes the snap from under center. That is a problem we currently have. We can't Telegraph our runs and you can only call a few runs from the shotgun. We're  clunky running that way. Maybe we can either: learn to run way better from the shotgun? Or... Maybe Josh can learn to throw way better from under center? 

I think this is a problem now we all face.

I remember Jim Kelly ran a lot of runs out of the shotgun....At least I think we did? Maybe look at some K-gun runs?

Somethings got to give in Pittsburgh vs. Oakland.... Two teams that weren't supposed to win last week.... I expected a letdown game from the Stealers this week, but I saw it was Oakland and I thought, awww, they're  not good enough....

Maybe they are?

20 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

What are you talking about? We lost one game! By seven points! To a team we beat two times prior!

Just stop any and all of this *****. The offensive line is not soft. They got the best of our guys this game, that is all. The OL lost to maybe the best front four in the NFL. I do think the Stealers valued this game more than we did. We can fix that. I think of like Ali and Frazier, one beat the other then vice versa and so on.

I think this was a growing experience for our team. Even if we can't get past KC* this year, there's next year and the one after that.

* - Talk about something to be depressed about, Cleveland looked like they had them.... You have to play full bore for 60 minutes somehow.

If you don't think the offensive line is average at best and probably below average you aren't watching.

Last year they could hardly open holes for the running backs even when the defense was playing nickel often.

And as far as pass blocking, Alan only got a lot of time on a regular basis against the worst defensive units they played. Against the rest of the teams he at best had to use his mobility to give him that extra second or two to complete a pass, and at worst he really had no time at all.

Go back and look at some of the games from last year and actually pay attention to the offensive line. It's the same guys this year I don't see how you can't see they are the team's weakness.

Tampa Bay was super soft last year because they lost 38 to 3 versus New Orleans. They also lost to them by multiple scores week 1. Such a soft team that could never win the Superbowl.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:57 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

Coco Puffs are better than Coco Pebbles. 

Well that's just a given...

you know btw you guys are talking we were the Packers getting torched 38-3.  Way to be with you’re team.  We had a bad game.  

doom and gloom threads galore and some are just enjoying it.  If you ever played sports at a competitive level, haven’t you ever lost a game you thought you should win.  You get in quick sand and you keep fighting, but everything goes wrong.  Winners come out of it.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:54 PM, Rebel101 said:

Can the Bills win a SB without a killer instinct

Probably not. Luckily, they have one. Killer instinct isn't a problem.

Roster strength, matchups, scheme matchups, there are plenty of real concerns to worry about.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:54 PM, Rebel101 said:

McDermott Is soft as *****.

... and the desperate search for scapegoats continues.

Nonsense.

Edited by Thurman#1