Our Solution for the Offense....Josh Gordon

aristocrat

14 hours ago, Greg S said:

The solution for this offense will have to come in the offseason. No matter how this year plays out Beane must improve the OL. Last year it was average at best but Allen's ability to escape the rush made them look better. If game 1 is any indication it will be more of the same especially against physical defenses. 

I disagree.  There were many times last year that Josh stood in the pocket with no pressure.  I recall a few times that he had so much time I rewound to see how long and it was 8 to 9 seconds.  Against Pittsburgh, he didn’t have as much time. Their stunts were confusing the blockers at times and other times they just got beat.

12 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Basically the same line that protected Josh last year.....

The sky is not falling.

We allowed a STs TD and lost by seven.....

I repeat, the sky is not falling.

Bring on the fish!

Squish the Fish!

Go Bills!

I agree the sky isn't falling and I still expect the Bills to get around 11-13 wins. I think its Allen who protected the OL with his scrambling and ability to avoid the rush. Our run game wasn't very good last year either. This is a discussion more for the offseason than now but I hope Beane looks to improve the OL for 2022. My pick for this week is 24-20 Bills and they will be in a 3 way tie for first around 4:00 Sunday afternoon. Since the division is playing each other who do we want in the other game Pats or Jets? For me I live in NJ so I deal with obnoxious Jets fans all time. Wouldn't mind seeing them drop to 0-2 just to shut those ****er's up even though I hate NE as well.

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at this dude!  We don't have a receiver on the roster who brings to the game what Josh does, when he's healthy and tuned into the program.  

josh-gordon-feature-091818.jpg?quality=8

FFS, Patrick Stewart looked buff for his role in 'ST: First Contact'.  Get us a today picture. 🤨

On the other hand, legal cannabis is only a short drive from WNY.  Might sway his decision...😁

🙄

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

And the problem is very much not the receivers.

Well, in a way it is.  We ran way more 4 and 5 WR sets than usual, which I believe was part of our problem.  We let the fact that we had so many good WR's take us out of our normal formations.  I am hoping Daboll adjusts going forward. They will all get their chances if the Offense stays on the field.  

• 2 weeks later...

I would be 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:43 AM, Limeaid said:

He belongs in Tampa with bad boys.

Addiction makes you a bad boy?

Would love taking a shot on Gordon. I mean I like Kumerow...but I'd rather have Gordon's potential on the roster

Would hope this community has more empathy for someone who's clearly struggling and trying overcome addiction. I mean he's been afflicted with anxiety and the resulting addiction to self medication since middle school and high school - and at Baylor? Rather then helping him, they enabled him - helping him to cheat drug tests and such. 

You're talking about someone who's basically lived poor, with gangs, and was never helped until he was a professional - and in fact enabled by people who should have been helping. 

This isn't condoning his harm to others either. Just simple empathy towards someone who's struggled for a lot of different reasons

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/14/2021 at 4:21 PM, aristocrat said:

There’s no point in signing Josh Gordon.  I’m not really sure if better than any of the top 5 WR’s on the roster at this point in his career, and he doesn’t play special teams.  

IMO a perfect addition (on paper) is Richie Incognito.  He’s a solid veteran guard and has largely been praised as a teammate since leaving Buffalo.  His play is good and he would help mentor some of our younger players.  

Of course reality is he left the Bills on terrible terms, and I can’t see the Bills trusting him enough to bring him in.  Also it wouldn’t make sense for Oakland to trade him.  

But a player like that is what the offense needs before a Josh Gordon