Our Solution for the Offense....Josh Gordon

aristocrat

What number do you think is higher? The number of current Bills players who have played for the Panthers, or the number of suspensions in Josh Gordon's career?

If Gordon had one suspension and this was 2012-2013, then yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

The solution for this offense will have to come in the offseason. No matter how this year plays out Beane must improve the OL. Last year it was average at best but Allen's ability to escape the rush made them look better. If game 1 is any indication it will be more of the same especially against physical defenses. 

Basically the same line that protected Josh last year.....

The sky is not falling.

We allowed a STs TD and lost by seven.....

I repeat, the sky is not falling.

Bring on the fish!

Squish the Fish!

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at this dude!  We don't have a receiver on the roster who brings to the game what Josh does, when he's healthy and tuned into the program.  

josh-gordon-feature-091818.jpg?quality=8

For now, he'll fall off the wagon sooner than later. I'm all forgiving guys a second chance but he's far too many. 

51 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'll take it! 

One year Vet minimum. He can't play man like he use to but is still a very good zone CB with good instincts.

Richard Sherman will probably sign with S.F., which just lost their top CB for the season.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

I love his talent but how times has he blown it? hard pass.  

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

For now, he'll fall off the wagon sooner than later. I'm all forgiving guys a second chance but he's far too many. 

Should signed Sammy Watkins,  Josh Gordon is bound to screw up again and that leaves your team in a bad spot

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If I was somehow able to interview him and do a deep investigation into where he's at in his life right now, and conclude that he has turned a corner and has his troubles in check, I would LOVE him on this team.

He's a freak of natural talent.

The concern would be that he hasn't really changed.

I'd also LOVE Richie Incognito back, subject to the same set of concerns.

He seems to back on his meds and/or off the bottle, whatever his problem was.

He is good but no freak and not worth the problems he brings

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was DK Metcalf before DK Metcalf.

That 2013 season was one of the greatest ever by a receiver......1646 yards........with a bunch of scrub Cleveland Browns QB's.

At the time it was the 10th most receiving yardage in a season ever and it's still 15th..........and he did that in what is still the second fewest amount of catches among that group because he averaged a crazy 18.9 ypr...........and the guy with the fewest was Charlie Hennigan in 1961.........so in the SB era that Josh Gordon season is still simply epic.

And he did that in 14-games 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And he did that in 14-games 

He was very good that year...8 years ago, 5 or 6 suspensions ago, multiple teams ago, and many chances on the NFL stage to show both the talent and a burning commitment to win for himself and his team.

That boat sailed by multiple times ago.

As others have said, if he can get QB pressure, lockdown a top TE, make 4 and 1 decisions, or teach someone on the team to play guard well, then sign him.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If I was somehow able to interview him and do a deep investigation into where he's at in his life right now, and conclude that he has turned a corner and has his troubles in check, I would LOVE him on this team.

He's a freak of natural talent.

The concern would be that he hasn't really changed.

I'd also LOVE Richie Incognito back, subject to the same set of concerns.

He seems to back on his meds and/or off the bottle, whatever his problem was.

That's a massive "If..."