Our Solution for the Offense....Josh Gordon

aristocrat

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at this dude!  We don't have a receiver on the roster who brings to the game what Josh does, when he's healthy and tuned into the program.  

josh-gordon-feature-091818.jpg?quality=8

How long ago is that?  He's still in Browns gear.  Might as well post a picture of David Boston if beach muscles is what were after in a WR.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

He's had so many chances, but he's immensely likeable. Remember during his first suspension he got a job selling cars? Some team will give him a shot. Not a position of need for the Bills, but if any of their players get injured, he's pretty much plug and play

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If I was somehow able to interview him and do a deep investigation into where he's at in his life right now, and conclude that he has turned a corner and has his troubles in check, I would LOVE him on this team.

He's a freak of natural talent.

The concern would be that he hasn't really changed.

I'd also LOVE Richie Incognito back, subject to the same set of concerns.

He seems to back on his meds and/or off the bottle, whatever his problem was.

I would also like OJ back, but I don't think he's a process guy anymore.

He was DK Metcalf before DK Metcalf.

That 2013 season was one of the greatest ever by a receiver......1646 yards........with a bunch of scrub Cleveland Browns QB's.

At the time it was the 10th most receiving yardage in a season ever and it's still 15th..........and he did that in what is still the second fewest amount of catches among that group because he averaged a crazy 18.9 ypr...........and the guy with the fewest was Charlie Hennigan in 1961.........so in the SB era that Josh Gordon season is still simply epic.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Look at this dude!  We don't have a receiver on the roster who brings to the game what Josh does, when he's healthy and tuned into the program.  

josh-gordon-feature-091818.jpg?quality=8

Come on man you sounds like one of those dudes "if he does this if he does that" unless he can play on the offensive line let that go

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Can he block the DL and keep Josh upright and safe? 

People are probably getting sick of me posting this. But there are a lot of issues that were also around last year. 

We can run the ball more/better. But sometimes that feels like running into a brick wall. Almost literally. 

We can also get a very similar result by scheming quicker pass plays. Allen and Daboll have a tendency to run long developing plays, and or scramble to buy time to make a big play.

For example, Ben got the ball out in 2.3 seconds last week to Allen’s 2.78. Being able to lean heavily on those concepts when needed should do wonders for this offense. 

• Agree 1