Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

7 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Any points I have to make will probably be better served on the COVID-19 thread, and honestly I am here for football. I work at a Medical Center and University and feel those are more worthwhile conversations.

I thought this was about stadium entry, how to prove vax status, why, what to do if you are persona non grata now.

I work at the same.  The issue is simple: get vaccinated to enter the stadium.  If not, sell or give back your tickets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Any points I have to make will probably be better served on the COVID-19 thread, and honestly I am here for football. I work at a Medical Center and University and feel those are more worthwhile conversations.

I thought this was about stadium entry, how to prove vax status, why, what to do if you are persona non grata now.

Stadium entry, vax status etc are addressed within the thread. As for what you can do if persona non grata there are some options. First request a refund by 9/17 if you have season tix. There is talk of pursuing refunds for individual games with legal action. As for attending a Bills game in person, I would suggest taking a visit to a less restrictive state and attending a Bills game there. You have @ MIA, @JAX, and @ TEN for starters. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

And on that note, I'm locking this thing.

@ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin has a very valid point that the thread has drifted way away from its purpose of:

-discussion of stadium entry

-how to prove vax status without bringing your card

-why the Bills/Erie County likely made the decision they did on negative tests

-what to do with your tickets if you don't wish to meet the new entry requirements

-@Boatdrinks added some useful points regarding Bills games in other states unvaccinated fans might attend (@KC is likely to be another choice)

@oldmanfan summed it up succinctly. 

I may be overruled but I'm shutting it down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-wr-cole-beasley-offers-135809473.html?a20_comeback_from_auth=1

Well... I guess some fans will at least benefit from Beasley's um... ideals? 

Edit: Sorry if posted. I did a bunch of searches & didn't find anything. Just hope this weird saga comes to an end soon.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

If We Must. I really don't want to reprise the 72 page long Beasley's Tweets thread here.

This tweet was in the Highmark Stadium thread that did get locked eventually, after it had drifted completely away from discussing the stadium policy and any issues that might underly it.

I can't find it now but one guy responded asking if Beasley could buy tickets for himself and his 22 kids. 😝

It's Beasley and Reid Ferguson. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-cole-beasley-reid-ferguson-buying-unvaccinated-fans-tickets-to-road-games/article_af01adb2-1730-11ec-9c5c-bb7090b42475.html

After Erie County and Pegula Sports and Entertainment announced Tuesday that proof of vaccination is a requirement for entry to home games, Bills All-Pro slot receiver Cole Beasley, who has been one of the most vocal NFL players against vaccination mandates, and long snapper Reid Ferguson each responded to unvaccinated fans on social media who expressed disappointment in the edict by offering to purchase tickets to the road game of their choice.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/17/cole-beasley-reid-ferguson-offer-buy-unvaccinated-fans-tickets

The Bills are one of four NFL teams playing in stadiums where fans are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination for entry, joining the Seahawks, Saints and Raiders. 

If Reid Ferguson is unvaccinated, I hope AJ Epenesa is working diligently on his LS skills, Just in Case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...