Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

51 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

But it doesn't stop it entirely.

Just like doubling Heyward didn't stop him entirely.

Why even bother?   We should have dedicated those blockers to other guys.   That would have worked better.    Makes sense no? 😆

Don't go and start confusing everyone by talking football. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChasBB said:

There will be lawsuits.  This is unconstitutional.

Save your dislikes for someone that cares.  I'm just telling you how this will go down.
Doubt me?  Save this post and revisit a month or two from now.

It is not unconstitutional.  And before you waste your time again, it is also not a HIPAA violation (or HIPPA as most of the anti vaxers call it).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

There is a perception that a Magic Wand was waved, RE: the COVID Vaccine, when clearly, that was not the case.

Exactly. I am glad we can agree that there are gaps in the understanding of the long term safety and efficacy of this treatment. Most people are unwilling to respect that truth and just demand that others accept this experiment. I am glad that there are some folks who are willing to respect that such things are still not fully tested, and that doubt is reasonable to have.

Conversely, I totally understand why most feel that the risk is worthwhile for the common good.

It is nice to talk to somebody who can see the viewpoint of others even if they disagree with them. :)

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The key question is “when?”

I believe that was true in Spring and may still be true in some places where vax levels are high like MD MA NY

It’s so far from true in rural MO and GA this summer that it’s laughable.  Boots on the floor accounts.

The place where i used to live in GA has been over 100% hospital capacity for months now.

Very low vax rates.

They called in national guard for help. Still calling for it.

They are turning people away. 

It was rural GA.

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I think these numbers are way off because?

8 members of my immedicate family are fully vaccinated, including myself: Ex-wife (who travels with me for our girls college events), both my girls, my niece (lives with my parents) and both my parents. FOUR of us got it and two of us spread it to another person in our family, 6 weeks apart. I gave it to my ex on our trip to move our youngest in to Ole Miss and my dad gave it to my mother, who is now hospitalized. PS: My father wears a mask during 95% of his working hours... and gloves. 

How does this make the data the CDC has gathered on the general population wrong?  Also how can you know for certain exactly how each person contracted it?

Edited by stevewin

Why are people thinking of themselves?  Why can't people just get a shot and wear masks for others?

I mean... They locked up Typhoid Mary for the remainder of her life because she wouldn't follow orders... Now we have a million COVID John and Mary's running around screaming personal freedom.  You can be the strongest,  fittest person on the planet... Yeah, that stops you from getting sick... What about others? Do people really want to spread disease?

1 hour ago, loyal2dagame said:

Fire extinguishers don't prevent fires,  but they help to minimize the damage

Same with life preservers (PFDs)... They ain't guaranteed (or perfect) to save your life, but it sure makes it easier for someone to find you, possibly saving their life... But, PFDs sure as hell give you a fighting chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

But does the NFL own the stadiums themselves?  I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think they have sole ownership of the stadiums themselves where they can call all the shots.  I THINK (and I could be wrong) that in many cases the stadiums are either co-owned or rented by the local municipalities or some other local entity.  I think only a few stadiums are owned outright by the team owners.

It doesn't matter, the NFL is the business hosting the event.  Think of it this way, if you're renting a hall for a wedding, you have the right to have all guests of the wedding be vaccinated or wear masks (how you enforce it is another question.) The hall could also say we're going to require vaccinations or masks as a pre-requisite to having the event here.  But the hall isn't going to overrule restrictions the host of the event wants to put in place.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChasBB said:

There will be lawsuits.  This is unconstitutional.

Save your dislikes for someone that cares.  I'm just telling you how this will go down.
Doubt me?  Save this post and revisit a month or two from now.

Good luck with that Charlie.  Saving this post for posterity.  There may be lawsuits, and they will be thrown out like the garbage they are.

Also, feel free to quote / link the specific text in the constitution that this is in violation of.

https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

the vaccine can prevent serious symptoms, hospitalizations and death. No one has said it prevents the spread. If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of staying out of the hospital and staying alive

Yep.  Headline from the Philadelphia Inquirer today:  Nearly all COVID-19 hospitalizations in Pa. are unvaccinated people, officials say

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/live/coronavirus-covid-philadelphia-cases-pa-nj-del-vaccine-mandate-updates-20210915.html

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What's the misinformation? I chimed into this thread because he's right... you can get Covid after being fully vaccinated and spread it to another fully vaccinated person. I'm one of 4 people in my immediate family who has had this happen in the past 6 weeks. 

It involves a pedantic and hypertechnical use of the word stop.    

• Like (+1) 2

To the “this is unconstitutional” crowd (I’m not going to go back to find the post where the contention is raised): 

It’s one thing to say this requirement is unconstitutional.  It’s another to prove it.  Or to even so much as put your finger on the constitutional provision or freedom alleged to have been violated or infringed.  Until someone can specify the constitutional basis for the allegation of the deprivation of liberty, I suggest that all such posts be removed.  

I also suggest that all of the whining about “freedom” end.  You have the freedom to refuse the vax. The Bills have the freedom to tell you to stay home until you get the vax.  Such is the price of liberty, I suppose.  In the meantime, I will enjoy my Sundays at Highmark much, much more now that I don’t have the lingering concern about brining COVID home to my children as a result of a breakthrough infection that I acquired in a gratuitous leisure activity.  

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s the best way. I’ll take care of ME and you take care of YOU. That concept seems lost on many. 

Maybe.  But that’s exactly what the Bills did here.  It’s a decision based on public health that the Bills have supported for business reasons.  They took care of themselves.  Good for them.  Can’t wait for the next home game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I believe the less likely to be hospitalized stat. I don't believe the other stats... not for a freaking second. CDC's numbers are f'ed up. 

I mean, you can say that, but WTF man? these aren't numbers the CDC pulled out of their keister.  They're two separate studies of thousands of people, with the data collected and reviewed by all the authors, and then available upon request.  They all signed their work.

Then you have to look at the NFL's preseason numbers and public health UK with two peer-reviewed published studies, and all those are consistent.

So you can believe what you like, but there really ought to be a higher standard of rebuttal than "I don't believe it, those data are ***** up". 

There's a preprint up that has gotten a lot of press and that I have questions and am skeptical about, and my reasons are because they pulled an 18,000 person sample out of 2.5 million people and whenever someone does that to avoid bias, it's legitimate to question whether the sample introduced bias in some other way and to wonder what the raw 2.5 million dataset would look like; I don't just say "I don't believe the other stats, not for a freakin' second". 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, nucci said:

the vaccine can prevent serious symptoms, hospitalizations and death. No one has said it prevents the spread. If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of staying out of the hospital and staying alive

Actually a number of scientists have said, not that it prevents the spread altogether but that it reduces it.   With Delta, vaccines decrease the chances of both being infected (in which case you can't spread) and shortens the duration in which you're carrying a high titer in your upper respiratory tract (if you are infected, which is 3-7x less likely, you're infectious for less time).  Both reduce spread.

Very few vaccines prevent spread altogether, that's called "sterilizing immunity" and is sort of the Holy Grail for vaccine development.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Now there are two teams to Buffalo Bills fans and it's been going this way

Media , Twitter etc literally pitting us against each other and we're eating it up

You're either on our team or you're against us 

That's been the playbook for divide and conquer forever.. now it's just happening with everything 

Bills fans are going at in on social media and it's sad...we are all On the same team

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Agree to disagree, this is uncharted territory - It would also be an incredibly bad look for the organization to not just auto-refund anyone who now can't/won't go to the games.

Nate Bargatze performed at the Peace Center in Greenville, SC and the event center, post tickets being sold, now requires vax or 72 hour negative covid test for entry - same boiler plate legal jargon on the tickets re cancellation, but if people called to cancel (I know 3 personally who did) they graciously said no problem, we will refund you immediately. 

I do agree that it would have been the higher standard of customer service for the Bills to agree to refund all single-game tickets as well.