Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Just to clarify, not a co-author; I authored the accompanying editorial. And yes, I wouldn't go to the opener because of the risk.

With the vaccine requirement, however, I may come back for a later game...

Thanks for that clarification

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

If vaccinated people weren't getting Covid, I'd be 100% in agreement with you. The reality is the the vaccination does not stop the spread. Hence the outrage. 

the vaccine can prevent serious symptoms, hospitalizations and death. No one has said it prevents the spread. If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of staying out of the hospital and staying alive

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

If vaccinated people weren't getting Covid, I'd be 100% in agreement with you. The reality is the the vaccination does not stop the spread. Hence the outrage. 

Do Seatbelts stop car wrecks or minimize the affects?

So Airbags stop car wrecks or minimize the affect?

So parachutes stop you from hitting the ground or does it minimize affect?

Do child seats stop car wrecks or minimize the affect?

See how this argument doesnt hold water?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

You are twisting reality by fudging words. You don't wake up and say today I'll either be hit by a car or I won't - I guess that is 50/50.  A larger vaccinated population is getting fewer infections that are less serious. The benefit is unequivocally there.

We are also learning about better dosing intervals to address waning immunity in those what got their shots too close together. Those who waited could actually be BETTER protected now that we have learned that 6-8 weeks is a better dosing interval than 2 weeks by just going to get vaccinate and taking advantage of lessons learned.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

This is just dumb.  It’s also misinformation.  

Here’s the reality.  The county and PSE stand together on this issue.  One of beauties of the capitalist society in which we live is that businesses (such as PSE) have the right to engage in non-discriminatory practices.  You, the consumer, have the right to disagree with those practices by closing your wallet.  Don’t want the vax?  Don’t go to the games and don’t open your wallet.  And don’t complain about discrimination, because you’re not part of a protected class.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The NFL certainly as a a private business could choose to require its customers to be vaccinated, just like any other business.

But does the NFL own the stadiums themselves?  I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think they have sole ownership of the stadiums themselves where they can call all the shots.  I THINK (and I could be wrong) that in many cases the stadiums are either co-owned or rented by the local municipalities or some other local entity.  I think only a few stadiums are owned outright by the team owners.

The unvaccinated could actually dunk on the early vaccinators by getting treated now with a better dosing interval. You can stand up and and say - "See! waiting was the correct choice. I'm better off than you!" You would be right. You would be better off than those of us who did this Jan-April.

Go ahead. Get it done and shove it in everyone's face. Take your victory lap. Just go get vaccinated and move on with life.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

My mom's hospital, a major hospital in Atlanta, is ok now - but, for a while these past couple months, they could not accept transfers from smaller hospitals due to capacity issues related to covid patients in the ICU.  Largely unvaccinated and largely the people you would think - health wise - would be in the ICU due to covid.  

If this was/is going on in Buffalo, using government levers to cudgel people into getting vaxxed by any means necessary actually makes sense to me.  I don't agree with the methods, but I get the logic.  

When we're told the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated, and we're told at Highmark Stadium that due to safety concerns only vaccinated are allowed, when we know vaccinated can catch and spread this virus, it simply does not make logical sense.  

Give me a logical reason behind decision making and I can agree, or disagree with you on your overreach, but i'll admit when the logic is sound.  The logic we're being told isn't sound, and therefore it's incredibly frustrating.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is just dumb.  It’s also misinformation.  

Here’s the reality.  The county and PSE stand together on this issue.  One of beauties of the capitalist society in which we live is that businesses (such as PSE) have the right to engage in non-discriminatory practices.  You, the consumer, have the right to disagree with those practices by closing your wallet.  Don’t want the vax?  Don’t go to the games and don’t open your wallet.  And don’t complain about discrimination, because you’re not part of a protected class.  

What's the misinformation? I chimed into this thread because he's right... you can get Covid after being fully vaccinated and spread it to another fully vaccinated person. I'm one of 4 people in my immediate family who has had this happen in the past 6 weeks. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

the vaccine can prevent serious symptoms, hospitalizations and death. No one has said it prevents the spread. If you are vaccinated you have a better chance of staying out of the hospital and staying alive

It absolutely boggles my mind that every adult American doesn't already know this.  It floors me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

NFL data 7x less likely to be infected.  No intra-facility spread.  CDC LA study. 5x less likely to be infected, 29x less likely to be hospitalized.  CDC HCW study ( high exposure) when tested weekly, all infections 3x less likely with some evidence of declining effectiveness after 6 months.  UK public health 5x less likely.  

These all with Delta.

The vaccine reduces spread 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

NFL data 7x less likely to be infected.  No intra-facility spread.  CDC LA study. 5x less likely to be infected, 29x less likely to be hospitalized.  CDC HCW study ( high exposure) when tested weekly, all infections 3x less likely with some evidence of declining effectiveness after 6 months.  UK public health 5x less likely.  

These all with Delta.

I believe the less likely to be hospitalized stat. I don't believe the other stats... not for a freaking second. CDC's numbers are f'ed up. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

These all with Delta.

But it doesn't stop it entirely.

Just like doubling Heyward didn't stop him entirely.

Why even bother?   We should have dedicated those blockers to other guys.   That would have worked better.    Makes sense no? 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, SDS said:

A larger vaccinated population is getting fewer infections that are less serious. The benefit is unequivocally there.

And this is the justification behind not requiring vaccinated attendees to wear masks.  Covid may still spread but it will spread less fervently and with less severity.  Those who are vaccinated understand this and are willing to accept that small risk.  The unvaccinated are without a doubt those with the highest risk of being infected, being superspreaders, and suffering more severe infections.

it really is that cut and dried.

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I believe the less likely to be hospitalized stat. I don't believe the other stats... not for a freaking second. CDC's numbers are f'ed up. 

And how do you know they are?  Based on your own research I assume.  

Who's numbers would you trust?  Probably no ones if they don't side with your own belief on the vaccine.