Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

I don't think so.  The ticket is a contract.  Refunds for cancellations only. It was printed on all paper tickets (when they were still used)  and in the agreement you check when signing up for a ticket purchasing site. 

Darn details and facts.  Funny how they always get in the way.....

It's just so much more fun to just yell "I'm gonna sue!"  Oy

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Raise your hand for the military and tell me again about no federal retirement for vaccines. 

They probably should read the fine print on their ticket transactions. 

Agree to disagree, this is uncharted territory - It would also be an incredibly bad look for the organization to not just auto-refund anyone who now can't/won't go to the games.

Nate Bargatze performed at the Peace Center in Greenville, SC and the event center, post tickets being sold, now requires vax or 72 hour negative covid test for entry - same boiler plate legal jargon on the tickets re cancellation, but if people called to cancel (I know 3 personally who did) they graciously said no problem, we will refund you immediately.  

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Ask the military.....

I was in the Army, I got shot up with everything under the sun. Yea, I know first hand. 

But no one is forcing you to join. Again, there is ZERO federal requirements as a US citizen to get any vaccine. None. Zip. Nada. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

No, we have all levels of government. I'm talking FEDERAL, which I'm correct. There are also NO mandatory vaccines by any state. Yea, if you want to go to school, daycare, etc. But no level of government is telling you... "SIR, YOU HAVE TO GET THE HEP A VACCINE OR YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!" 

LOL 

So which government sets the Military’s Vaccine Mandates?

Seems you should be able to get a refund if the rules were changed after purchase. Not saying you can but they should make that available, if they have plenty of ticket buyers lined up I don't see where it hurts the team.

I get why they did it, it's the easy button for the organization. Trying to keep up with 2 sets of rules for 2 sets of people in a packed stadium is impossible. 

I don't like the rule but like I said I see why it came to be. Everyone will be vaccinated soon enough anyways, that I'm sure of.

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

I was in the Army, I got shot up with everything under the sun. Yea, I know first hand. 

But no one is forcing you to join. Again, there is ZERO federal requirements as a US citizen to get any vaccine. None. Zip. Nada. 

Now moving the goalposts again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

No, we have all levels of government. I'm talking FEDERAL, which I'm correct. There are also NO mandatory vaccines by any state. Yea, if you want to go to school, daycare, etc. But no level of government is telling you... "SIR, YOU HAVE TO GET THE HEP A VACCINE OR YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL!" 

LOL 

Again,  i was in the military,  and if i refused to get the anthrax vaccine,  i would have been court marshaled for becoming "non- deployable" and probably put in jail for refusing orders....

You're wrong again

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agree to disagree - It would also be an incredibly bad look for the organization to not just auto-refund anyone who now can't/won't go to the games.

Nate Bargatze performed at the Peace Center in Greenville, SC and the event center, post tickets being sold, now requires vax or 72 hour negative covid test for entry, but if people called to cancel (I know 3 personally who did) they graciously said no problem, we will refund you immediately.  

Cool. Once again should read the fine print no refund needed. Could they have sure. Decided not to. So get the shot or sell the ticket on secondary market. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Raise your hand for the military and tell me again about no federal retirement for vaccines. 

They probably should read the fine print on their ticket transactions. 

Holy crap, no one is forcing you to join the military today. I joined myself, I know first hand. 

No one is forcing your kids to go to public schools either. No one is forcing you to work at a hospital, a government agency, etc. 

There is NO federal mandates on vaccines. It's all by choice of what you do as a profession or school.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Holy crap, no one is forcing you to join the military today. I joined myself, I know first hand. 

No one is forcing your kids to go to public schools either. No one is forcing you to work at a hospital, a government agency, etc. 

There is NO federal mandates on vaccines. It's all by choice of what you do as a profession or school.

So there is No Draft?  Then why do 18 years olds have to sign up for selective service. Sorry dude admit you are wrong and there is ABSOLUTELY a Federal Mandate on Vaccines. 

and for the record I am Pro Mandate that Bills and Erie enacted. And Vegas and Raiders have enacted. 

Edited by MAJBobby

While, Im fine with the policy for the most part, I think I agree that refunds should have been offered for everyone, within a reasonable window.  I don't think it is fair to sell the seats, then change the rules on something they know people are dug-in on.

I dont think there would be an issue flipping the refunded seats at this point.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Again,  i was in the military,  and if i refused to get the anthrax vaccine,  i would have been court marshaled for becoming "non- deployable" and probably put in jail for refusing orders....

You're wrong again

No, I'm not. I was also in the military. You JOINED, as did I. We didn't have to. We knew what we were getting into. 

My best friend owns a bunch of drive thru car washes in the Tulsa area. Does the US government REQUIRE him to get vaccinated? No. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If the draft is turned on Yes. Is the draft not a real thing yes or no? 

Holly crap... we are an all-voluntary military now. There hasn't been a draft for almost 50 years. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and for the record I am Pro Mandate that Bills and Erie enacted. And Vegas and Raiders have enacted. 

I'm not pro mandate. Let people make their own decisions- good or bad.

My hold up in getting vaxxed was that the military wasn't requiring it. When i was in i got shot up with who knows what and it was mandatory.  Now they do require it. 

If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

No, I'm not. I was also in the military. You JOINED, as did I. We didn't have to. We knew what we were getting into. 

My best friend owns a bunch of drive thru car washes in the Tulsa area. Does the US government REQUIRE him to get vaccinated? No. 

Holly crap... we are an all-voluntary military now. There hasn't been a draft for almost 50 years. 

So a draft is never an option it is dead??  Then why do we have to sign up for selective service at 18. Bottom line there are Federal Mandates. Have been through history and have been upheld all over history. 

• Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

LOL 

You do understand that this is about people who are trying to go to a football game. It's the entire topic of the thread. It's all people are talking about. You may be unaware of this, but the government is not trying to force people to attend a football game. 

So this strawman you're trying is just silly. You've also been dunked on by a bunch of other people. 

"Nor would a wise man, seeing that he was in a hole, go to work and blindly dig it deeper..."

Edited by jeremy2020