Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

So, if I'm from out of town and already purchased a non-refundable airline ticket, a game ticket for the Washington game, recovered from Covid in August, and don't need the vaccine or am at risk (pregnancy, etc), I'm screwed.

I'd like to see the Erie Co. exec cite Covid-related statistics from the gathering of 70,000 on Sunday* that warrants the abrupt change in policy that may leave some ticket holders high and dry.

* guarantee there will be no proof of outbreaks caused by attendees of Sunday's contest.

Nah, you're not screwed at all.  Simply just get shot one my man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think I see what you’re saying - by cooperating with the county on this now the Bills are greasing the wheels on the studium funding a bit? I suppose that could be true.

Just heard the PS&E guy on WGR and he was kind of linking the relationship/cooperation between this policy and stadium talks.

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not at all.

A negative test would prove you're not going to give it somebody, but wouldn't show you as any less likely to catch it inside and then over the next days till you started feeling bad or got a positive test, give it to others at that point.

And being full vaccinated does not mean you won't catch it and spread it to another person fully vaccinated. I'm fully vaxx'ed and I gave it to my ex on a trip to Oxford (MS) to move our youngest into college. She's also fully vaccinated. Then 2 weeks later, my dad (doctor, fully vaccinated) got it and gave it to my mother (fully vaccinated). 

These vaccines are proving to only possibly help when you catch it.... not really prevent it to get or spread it. 

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How much will this impact overall attendance at home games?

Are we looking at significant drop in fans?

No impact. Despite what the tantrum-throwing minority are saying, there won't be empty sections at the stadium, the ticket market won't change drastically, and the Pegulas won't have to sell their yacht. The stadium noise will be as loud as ever and the Bills' season will go on as normal, the only primary difference will be the guy sitting next to you won't be an advocate for horse deworming pills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

No.  NY State shows 81.7% of 18+ have at least 1 shot and when the Ontario fans can come back Ontario is at 85% of eligible adults with at least 1 shot. 
If you still have not had the shot you are in the small minority.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I asked another poster his perspective on this earlier.  He indicated he would not have attended future games had the scenario been the wild Wild West it apparently had been game 1.  I certainly can understand that perspective.  

I’d bet, however, that had the Wild Wild West scenario continued, attendance would have continued to be quite strong.  People complain, one way or the other, but those fearful/concerned at this point likely were not attending regardless.  

• Like (+1) 2

There will be lawsuits.  This is unconstitutional.

Save your dislikes for someone that cares.  I'm just telling you how this will go down.
Doubt me?  Save this post and revisit a month or two from now.

Edited by ChasBB
add sentence
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Dislike 5

18 hours ago, BuffaloBud said:

As much as I would like to see a game in person, I'll be just as happy watching from home.

I wonder if after the next home game when they see the turn out if that will have any bearing on the stadium talks ? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See, this sort of thing just bugs the snot out of me to read, no offense.

Back in Da Da when a lot of the vaccines were developed - polio, measles, mumps, rubella - the tools and tests available to vaccine developers were laborious and slow.  We have had several revolutions in biological and biopharma techniques in my working lifetime.  What used to take 2 years can sometimes be done in 2 weeks.

It's sort of like saying "Historically, it took 200 years to build a cathedral, I don't trust buildings that were constructed in 2 years"  Modern construction techniques make more rapid timelines possible, so why is a Medieval cathedral construction timeline relevant?

*Looks at cathedrals that took 200 years to build*

*Looks at modern churches*

You are not really a fan of architecture, are you?

I wonder how much overlap there is between people who wont get vaccinated and thinks the Bills are in violation of the Bill of Rights vs people who are boycotting over players kneeling?

Hogan/Willig is dying for someone to set up a gofundme page for them to put up a ton of billable hours and get free publicity.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still genuinely curious why they aren’t offering refunds to single-game ticket buyers now that the new policy (which was not in effect when tix went on sale) is in place.  

Especially if it really is in the name of public safety and health.  Should be a small price for the Pegulas to pay, right?

• Agree 1