Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

3 hours ago, djp14150 said:

the vax is not experimental.  It has full FDA approval which opens the door on OSHA requirements on safe workplace.

why are peop,e refusing to get vaxxed.  It’s gotten very partisan in this country that you are not seeing in any other country.  If your doctor says you need to do this why say no?

I lost my dad to Covid in an Amherst nursing home in April2020.  His image was published twice in TBN.  One as a story about him after an OBIT was run.  Then image image was reused in multiple image of many victim phases to market a large fatality number.

I got vaxxed through work.  I work as a Dara analyst in the medical field. I work with doctors and nurses and other medical staff.  I have been working in Covid data since the early stages.  I do similar work to what an epidemiologist does.

Let me ask you this since you seem up to date on this stuff.  Let's say a healthy person already got Covid and has antibodies.  Is there any downside to that person also getting the vaccine or would it just strengthen his immunity even more?

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is 100% a political move by the Bills to get a stadium deal done. Simple as that. 

I know how we'll get the tax payers to foot half the bill.  Make the small number of vaccine hesitant Bills fans hate us.

This isn’t the only forum where vacc. Is mandatory.  I choose to work on the sales side of medicine, which means I’m in hospitals, surgery centers, and doctors offices.  A condition of employment is vaccination, and I can choose which one.  If you feel strongly about not getting vacc., it’s you’re prerogative, but you can’t go to the game.  As someone else wrote if you have tix, you have two days to request a refund.

As more of these vacc. Become fully approved and they eventually fully approve booster shots, it will be more common for private sector companies to require.  I’m not saying it’s right or wrong (although I do believe in it for me), but it will continue to grow especially with this variant increasing.

I won’t be heading up there this year so have fun guys and cheer for our team.  Let’s hope they have a get right game this week.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

A. I had Covid. Have antibodies

B. I stay in pretty decent physical shape.

C. My mother is an RN. Reported no huge rise in ICU cases and I'm in NYC area. Heavily populated.

I trust my natural immune system to handle a potential illness

✌❤

D. Wish you and your loved ones nothing but peace and good health!

Link?

My wife is an ICU nurse.  Covid patients are on the rise in her ICU.  Not the numbers we saw before, but on the rise.  Interesting part?  All those Covid patients were not vaccinated, but one.  

Could you infer that even with a low rate of vaccinated people that the vaccine has lessened the number of hospitalizations?  The prevailing thoughts are yes it is lessening the surge.  I have no proof, but anecdotally I’d have to say yes also.

The hospital system I work for is seeing a jump in hospitalized Covid patients.  Again, not previous surge numbers, but a jump in cases that have steadily risen over the last few weeks.  My understanding is the vast majority are unvaxed. 

As far as natural immunity.  How long does that last?  Antibodies can disappear within 90 days.  Having natural immunity doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t contract Covid again.  Vaccine length of coverage is unknown.  At 8 months, they want compromised people to get the booster.  Will then lead to boosters for all.  Evidence shows at 8 months the vaccine continues to be effective.

What has been seen in vaxed people who contract Covid have seen a lessened course of Covid.  Less time, less serious illness, less hospitalizations.  Based on that alone, why not get vaxed?? 

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

A. I had Covid. Have antibodies

B. I stay in pretty decent physical shape.

C. My mother is an RN. Reported no huge rise in ICU cases and I'm in NYC area. Heavily populated.

I trust my natural immune system to handle a potential illness

✌❤

D. Wish you and your loved ones nothing but peace and good health!

Link?

Being in decent physical shape does not prevent you from getting an airborne virus

8 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Expect to see a huge influx of visiting teams' fans this season. Yay!!! 

♥️🤍💙🤍♥️

I can't.

But I do have a pretty dope 8k.

Cheer loud in our absence.

Why would you think this at all?  It is illogical as NYS has an already much higher vaccinated rate than many states that have football teams.  The top states are mostly in the NE and cover a limited number of teams (although Maryland is right there).  

Why would other teams fans be more vaccinated and ready to travel without complaining with their vaccine cards than Bills fans?

My guess is it has little impact and if it does come down to a huge influx of vaccinated opposing fans coming in - we’ll good for them for getting vaccinated and wanting to travel and following the rules.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow. I was going to go to my 3rd game this year, Nov 21 vs the Colts. 

I guess I'm going to have to sell the tix. 

I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax. I'm just Anti THIS VAX

My antibodies have been phenomenal.  I have no reason to put an experimental drug in my body! 💯

Do this thing: Don’t listen to the Bills message board or Twitter.

Do what your doctor says on this.

We don’t have to regress to the age of listening to communal medicine. 

That’s the advice for everyone. 

Just ask your doctor. 

“Hey Dr Smith, I heard ____. I read ____. What do you advise?”

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 2

FYI for fans out of state who don’t want to bring their vaccine card with them to games, you can get cleared through the Clear app according to the announcement. I don’t want that card in my pocket at the game and already went through their process. This may be in this thread somewhere already. 

So, if I'm from out of town and already purchased a non-refundable airline ticket, a game ticket for the Washington game, recovered from Covid in August, and don't need the vaccine or am at risk (pregnancy, etc), I'm screwed.

I'd like to see the Erie Co. exec cite Covid-related statistics from the gathering of 70,000 on Sunday* that warrants the abrupt change in policy that may leave some ticket holders high and dry.

* guarantee there will be no proof of outbreaks caused by attendees of Sunday's contest.

• Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is a major win for NY politicians. Bills just happen to be negotiating a deal with NY politicians. 

The Bills could've done this a long time ago. 

I think I see what you’re saying - by cooperating with the county on this now the Bills are greasing the wheels on the studium funding a bit? I suppose that could be true.

2nd part though - I’m not so the the Bills could have unilaterally done this long ago - the county owns the place after all. And while the Bills could have suggested this to their lessors a while back I doubt they could have instituted it without Erie County’s approval.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See, this sort of thing just bugs the snot out of me to read, no offense.

Back in Da Da when a lot of the vaccines were developed - polio, measles, mumps, rubella - the tools and tests available to vaccine developers were laborious and slow.  We have had several revolutions in biological and biopharma techniques in my working lifetime.  What used to take 2 years can sometimes be done in 2 weeks.

It's sort of like saying "Historically, it took 200 years to build a cathedral, I don't trust buildings that were constructed in 2 years"  Modern construction techniques make more rapid timelines possible, so why is a Medieval cathedral construction timeline relevant?

The whole idea of adenovirus vector and mRNA vaccines was a template that an emerging disease can be "plugged in" to.  Being able to do it fast was the point, to be able to fight a pandemic.  Scientists have been working towards this for literally, decades.  Now it's like they're being criticized for perceiving a need decades ago,  making advances , and working their asses off to put the thing together in a month and start the full cohort of animal and human safety studies quickly.

There's really nothing admirable about insisting you can only trust buildings constructed with a stone chisel and a treadwheel crane because anything built faster must be unsafe, by reason of being built faster.

Anyway while I appreciate the civil tone going on, we're getting pretty general here, could we narrow it back to football relevance?  I get it, some people feel they don't need to be vaccinated because their pristine and magnificent personal state of health makes them unlikely to suffer serious ills.  Hopefully right, maybe wrong, but either way shirks the question of spreading illness to others.  Natural immunity has been shown to be boosted by a vax, so there's that.  But if you don't want the vax and it keeps you out of the stadium, absolutely your right.

So at the same time, one could also ask if this technology has been around for decades, “why now”? It’s not like vaccine development has been put on hold since for the last few decades. Just as it bugs you that people being up this point, it bugs me that people are looked down on for bringing it up. John’s Hopkins has something on their website that shows the typical timeline for vaccine development. Sounds to me like a lot of the reduction in timeline for this one was consolidation of the clinical trial phases. I get that there is probably a lot of red tape in these things, but reading that the parts designed to ensure safety were “shortened” or done concurrently does not exactly give me any warm fuzzies. I think it would be nuts to not have any reservations at all for something that came out in a year as opposed to 5-10. Remember when the talk of a vaccine came around? Seemed like general consensus was 2-3 years best case scenario. Remember J & J having to pitch a million doses when they found out they were contaminated in the manufacturing process? Ever read the report on that? Covid obviously dictated some extreme measures but I just don’t agree with the “take the shot and shut up” mob mentality. I made the decision to get it and protect myself, I don’t vilify those that didn’t.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Being in decent physical shape does not prevent you from getting an airborne virus

Obviously - However, again, see the CDC’s data on obesity relating to hospitalization.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Obviously - However, again, see the CDC’s data on obesity relating to hospitalization.  

I get that...people in poor health are in danger....but some state that being young and healthy is a protection and it's not

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

So, if I'm from out of town and already purchased a non-refundable airline ticket, a game ticket for the Washington game, recovered from Covid in August, and don't need the vaccine or am at risk (pregnancy, etc), I'm screwed.

I'd like to see the Erie Co. exec cite Covid-related statistics from the gathering of 70,000 on Sunday* that warrants the abrupt change in policy that may leave some ticket holders high and dry.

* guarantee there will be no proof of outbreaks caused by attendees of Sunday's contest.

Recovering from COVID does not mean you shouldn't get the vaccine.  OBGYN are strongly recommending pregnant women get the vaccine.  There has been a severe uptick in still born babies from the mothers getting blood clots in the umbilical cord while having COVID.

Edited by Back2Buff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1