Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know it's a nit, but a) one of the vaccines is fully approved now 2) a vaccine is not a drug

I also live in Missouri with relatives and friends in 3 of the least vaccinated counties in the State. 

I know a lot of people who say exactly what you say.  Some of them caught covid and NBD, some got very sick. some when to hospital and it's "knew them" now for too many.

My niece is an RN and works in the ICU of a small county hospital.  She is unvaccinated, her choice.  We're terrified for her because of all the deaths of people in her age group (30-40) and her high exposure.  It would devastate her 5 children, her disabled husband, and her parents if anything happened to her.

I'm not trying to argue you.  Just be sure you choose on facts and not misinformation. The smartest people change their mind all the time in the face of new information. 

Godspeed.

Same to you.

Wish The best to you and your loved ones. 

My mom got vaxxed,  I encouraged her- 60 , Recent breat cancer,  I was glad she got it. 

I'm in my 30s, have the antibodies,  work out, do cardio, take vitamin D. 

Yes , flu vaccines are worked on constantly and consistently.  This isn't that 

This specific vaccine has been worked on for almost 2 years.

Historically,  vaccines take 7-10 years to hit the public. I don't trust a Vax that was made available in 15 months!💯

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

Get tickets for the Titans game….Tennessee will be the last place to require vaxxed.

I wish we were playing Miami later in the year.   Can’t free myself up to get down there this weekend.  Already have tickets to the Jacksonville game.  

Tennessee seems like a safe bet but the games in Miami, Tampa and Jax are as close to a sure thing as possible right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Same to you.

My mom got vaxxed,  I encouraged her- 60 , Recent breat cancer,  I was glad she got it. 

Historically,  vaccines take 7-10 years to hit the public. I don't trust a Vax that was made available in 15 months!💯

Actually its been worked on for much longer... came out AIDS vaccine effort that ran out of funds a number of years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know it's a nit, but a) one of the vaccines is fully approved now 2) a vaccine is not a drug

I also live in Missouri with relatives and friends in 3 of the least vaccinated counties in the State. 

I know a lot of people who say exactly what you say.  Some of them caught covid and NBD, some got very sick. some when to hospital and it's "knew them" now for too many.

My niece is an RN and works in the ICU of a small county hospital.  She is unvaccinated, her choice.  We're terrified for her because of all the deaths of people in her age group (30-40) and her high exposure.  It would devastate her 5 children, her disabled husband, and her parents if anything happened to her.

I'm not trying to argue you.  Just be sure you choose on facts and not misinformation. The smartest people change their mind all the time in the face of new information. 

Godspeed.

A. I had Covid. Have antibodies

B. I stay in pretty decent physical shape.

C. My mother is an RN. Reported no huge rise in ICU cases and I'm in NYC area. Heavily populated.

I trust my natural immune system to handle a potential illness

✌❤

D. Wish you and your loved ones nothing but peace and good health!

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Actually its been worked on for much longer... came out AIDS vaccine effort that ran out of funds a number of years ago.

Link?

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Same to you.

Same here.  My parents are vaxxed and I’m glad they are.  Was actually a bit taken back this weekend when they said they probably won’t get boosters unless forced.. My mom is a neurologist at a major hospital and sees plenty of this stuff in person every day.  

Im in my 30’s.  Work out 5-6 days a week. Take multi-vitamins and Super-C (zinc & vit D) every day.  Recently had covid a few weeks ago… and it sucked, definitely felt like a moderate flu with bizarre chest muscle pains for me.  I was sick for about 10 days but only “sick” sick for about 3 of the 10 - however I typically kick flu’s/colds in a couple days without ever feeling like I need to stay home and rest. 

I don’t trust anything I’m being told re: vaccination - the politicization, division and refusal to acknowledge natural immunity don’t sit well with me. Stunts like Erie County/Highmark Stadium don’t do much to help my skepticism.  Especially now that I don’t feel I have any reason to get vaxxed, having just had it. 

That said, I’m glad it’s available for those who want it.  It’s certainly an amazing option for people at high risk. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow. I was going to go to my 3rd game this year, Nov 21 vs the Colts. 

I guess I'm going to have to sell the tix. 

I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax. I'm just Anti THIS VAX

My antibodies have been phenomenal.  I have no reason to put an experimental drug in my body! 💯

the vax is not experimental.  It has full FDA approval which opens the door on OSHA requirements on safe workplace.

why are peop,e refusing to get vaxxed.  It’s gotten very partisan in this country that you are not seeing in any other country.  If your doctor says you need to do this why say no?

I lost my dad to Covid in an Amherst nursing home in April2020.  His image was published twice in TBN.  One as a story about him after an OBIT was run.  Then image image was reused in multiple image of many victim phases to market a large fatality number.

I got vaxxed through work.  I work as a Dara analyst in the medical field. I work with doctors and nurses and other medical staff.  I have been working in Covid data since the early stages.  I do similar work to what an epidemiologist does.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

A. I had Covid. Have antibodies

B. I stay in pretty decent physical shape.

C. My mother is an RN. Reported no huge rise in ICU cases and I'm in NYC area. Heavily populated.

I trust my natural immune system to handle a potential illness

✌❤

D. Wish you and your loved ones nothing but peace and good health!

Link?

there is uncertainty how long they last. A similar virus, the common cold, the antibodies produced post infection only last around 5 months.

you might live in an area with a high vax rate so there might be less risk on exposure.  Thus is not something to take lightly or think you are invincible .

physical shape DOES NOT protect you more.  Younger peop,e have stronger immune systems.  That’s why there have bern less deadly cases.  But have you ever gotten some tests that actual show you have a good I mu e system. Many might have conditions and don’t realize it that affects this or eat things or take things that suppress their immune system. Foods can do this.

vaccines aren’t going to kill you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

See, this sort of thing just bugs the snot out of me to read, no offense.

Back in Da Da when a lot of the vaccines were developed - polio, measles, mumps, rubella - the tools and tests available to vaccine developers were laborious and slow.  We have had several revolutions in biological and biopharma techniques in my working lifetime.  What used to take 2 years can sometimes be done in 2 weeks.

It's sort of like saying "Historically, it took 200 years to build a cathedral, I don't trust buildings that were constructed in 2 years"  Modern construction techniques make more rapid timelines possible, so why is a Medieval cathedral construction timeline relevant?

The whole idea of adenovirus vector and mRNA vaccines was a template that an emerging disease can be "plugged in" to.  Being able to do it fast was the point, to be able to fight a pandemic.  Scientists have been working towards this for literally, decades.  Now it's like they're being criticized for perceiving a need decades ago,  making advances , and working their asses off to put the thing together in a month and start the full cohort of animal and human safety studies quickly.

There's really nothing admirable about insisting you can only trust buildings constructed with a stone chisel and a treadwheel crane because anything built faster must be unsafe, by reason of being built faster.

Anyway while I appreciate the civil tone going on, we're getting pretty general here, could we narrow it back to football relevance?  I get it, some people feel they don't need to be vaccinated because their pristine and magnificent personal state of health makes them unlikely to suffer serious ills.  Hopefully right, maybe wrong, but either way shirks the question of spreading illness to others.  Natural immunity has been shown to be boosted by a vax, so there's that.  But if you don't want the vax and it keeps you out of the stadium, absolutely your right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Very bad move not allowing proof of a negative test in lieu of a vaccine.

Not at all.

A negative test would prove you're not going to give it somebody, but wouldn't show you as any less likely to catch it inside and then over the next days till you started feeling bad or got a positive test, give it to others at that point.

I wish we were far enough along to not have to do things like this as a society. But we're not. The pandemic is still surging along and we're not close to herd immunity.

It's a shame, but it makes sense.

49 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

the vax is not experimental.  It has full FDA approval which opens the door on OSHA requirements on safe workplace.

why are peop,e refusing to get vaxxed.  It’s gotten very partisan in this country that you are not seeing in any other country.  If your doctor says you need to do this why say no?

I lost my dad to Covid in an Amherst nursing home in April2020.  His image was published twice in TBN.  One as a story about him after an OBIT was run.  Then image image was reused in multiple image of many victim phases to market a large fatality number.

I got vaxxed through work.  I work as a Dara analyst in the medical field. I work with doctors and nurses and other medical staff.  I have been working in Covid data since the early stages.  I do similar work to what an epidemiologist does.

This. It's not experimental.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See, this sort of thing just bugs the snot out of me to read, no offense.

Back in Da Da when a lot of the vaccines were developed - polio, measles, mumps, rubella - the tools and tests available to vaccine developers were laborious and slow.  We have had several revolutions in biological and biopharma techniques in my working lifetime.  What used to take 2 years can sometimes be done in 2 weeks.

It's sort of like saying "Historically, it took 200 years to build a cathedral, I don't trust buildings that were constructed in 2 years"  Modern construction techniques make more rapid timelines possible, so why is a Medieval cathedral construction timeline relevant?

The whole idea of adenovirus vector and mRNA vaccines was a template that an emerging disease can be "plugged in" to.  Being able to do it fast was the point, to be able to fight a pandemic.  Scientists have been working towards this for literally, decades.  Now it's like they're being criticized for perceiving a need decades ago,  making advances , and working their asses off to put the thing together in a month and start the full cohort of animal and human safety studies quickly.

There's really nothing admirable about insisting you can only trust buildings constructed with a stone chisel and a treadwheel crane.

Anyway while I appreciate the civil tone going on, we're getting pretty general here, could we narrow it back to football relevance?  I get it, some people feel they don't need to be vaccinated because their pristine and magnificent personal state of health makes them unlikely to suffer serious ills.  Hopefully right, maybe wrong, but either way shirks the question of spreading illness to others.  Natural immunity has been shown to be boosted by a vax, so there's that.  But if you don't want the vax and it keeps you out of the stadium, absolutely your right.

Nice post.

Football relevance, hunh?

Will anti-vaxxers with tickets sell to opponent fans? Could this tip the balance at the stadium by allowing more opponent fans in?

That's all I got.

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

A negative test would prove you're not going to give it somebody, but wouldn't show you as any less likely to catch it inside and then over the next days till you started feeling bad or got a positive test, give it to others at that point.

Good point.  But being a bit Devil's Advocate here, if everyone going into the stadium is either vaccinated or tests negative, the odds of being infected inside the stadium are probably pretty low.  There seem to have been some outdoor mass events (Lollapalooza) where vaccination/negative test were the standard and epidemiologists concluded there was no evidence of mass spread. 

I suspect that the logistics of testing that many people would be formidable.  It appears to me from the NY Forward dashboard that the largest number of tests WNY has been performing in 1 day was ~15,000 and that was an outlier, it's usually more like 3,000-5,000.  40% of 70,000 would be 28,000 tests. 

So that may be a "fail" on logistics and supply reasons, but if it could be pulled off it would certainly be less controversial.

15 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Football relevance, hunh?

Will anti-vaxxers with tickets sell to opponent fans? Could this tip the balance at the stadium by allowing more opponent fans in?

That's all I got.

Good question. 

Looking at the schedule: lotta vaccinated folks around Washington/MD, WFT fans could buy. 

Ditto NE, could be sales to Chowdaheads.

Jets fans?  Do Jets fans want to travel to support their team?  If it's exciting and good perhaps.

With Dolphins, Texans, Colts, and Panthers fans - travel to a vaccine-requiring stadium may not be a selling point.

I'm not sure about Atlanta fans.  Where do they draw from?