Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're both right.

There are 5 different Hepatitis viruses A, B, C, D, and E. 

Hepatitis A and E are passed through contamination, usually fecal, of food or water.  "A" is probably what your Cheektowaga worker had.

Hepatitis B and C are passed through blood or body fluids.  "D" coinfects along with B.

There's a very effective vaccine to prevent Hepatitis A, and in a number of counties in MO, all food service workers are required to be immunized for Hep A in order to be employed in that field.  I'm actually kind of surprised Erie County doesn't require it.

There's a very effective vaccine to prevent Hepatitis B also, and most hospitals and employers require employees who work with blood or OPIM (other infectious materials) to be vaccinated.  This is "risk management" because Hep B becomes a chronic infection leading to liver failure or liver cancer in about 6% of infected adults, which would kick insurance claims through the roof.  Now there's a safe recombinant vaccine and it's routinely given to infants (90% of infected infants develop chronic infection).  But when the first vaccine came out, it was a gut-check because the virus was isolated from the plasma of Hep B infected humans then purified and inactivated.  Those Hep B infected humans were often co-infected with HIV.  We had to really be persuaded to trust the science and trust the process.  Some people quit.  I took 5 injections to seroconvert.

So what are most people inoculated with? 

What type of hepatitis did I get a vaccine for as a child 

28 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kind of why I mentioned it

Like they're not testing for other serious stuff.. I get my argument is not realistic

But a lot of other contagious people with serious illnesses could be there and they're not checking them

@Buffalo716, I expect if there was a serious outbreak of these other diseases going on (TB, say) there would be testing for them for sure, or a push to vaccinate people if a vaccine exists.  And the diseases you mentioned are a lot harder to transmit. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're both right.

There are 5 different Hepatitis viruses A, B, C, D, and E. 

Hepatitis A and E are passed through contamination, usually fecal, of food or water.  "A" is probably what your Cheektowaga worker had.

Hepatitis B and C are passed through blood or body fluids.  "D" coinfects along with B.

There's a very effective vaccine to prevent Hepatitis A, and in a number of counties in MO, all food service workers are required to be immunized for Hep A in order to be employed in that field.  I'm actually kind of surprised Erie County doesn't require it.

There's a very effective vaccine to prevent Hepatitis B also, and most hospitals and employers require employees who work with blood or OPIM (other infectious materials) to be vaccinated.  This is "risk management" because Hep B becomes a chronic infection leading to liver failure or liver cancer in about 6% of infected adults, which would kick insurance claims through the roof.  Now there's a safe recombinant vaccine and it's routinely given to infants (90% of infected infants develop chronic infection).  But when the first vaccine came out, it was a gut-check because the virus was isolated from the plasma of Hep B infected humans then purified and inactivated.  Those Hep B infected humans were often co-infected with HIV.  We had to really be persuaded to trust the science and trust the process.  Some people quit.  I took 5 injections to seroconvert.

In 1991 when I moved here with Corps to Chicago. We all were getting Hep A Vax.  Two doses.  We had to.  Nobody blinked an eye... SEEING how we work on the ShitDitch... And believe me, 30 years ago the water was 100x worse!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

So what are most people inoculated with? 

What type of hepatitis did I get a vaccine for as a child 

Almost certainly Hepatitis B. 

Almost certainly the recombinant vaccine if you were vaccinated after 1986 - no human plasma involved in that one.

Some colleges require or recommend Hepatitis A, and some pediatricians recommend it

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Very true 

But 44 out of 50 states allow exemptions for these vaccines 

So if you live in a red State like Texas or Louisiana.. statistically there's absolutely people who have not gotten the measles or polio vaccine

Because there's a lot of nutters who use those exemptions

Statistically, it isn't much of a concern at all if a few "nutters" are walking around while the general populace is 90% plus vaccinated.

Now if 50% of the population is exercising their personal freedom to die of otherwise preventable diseases and a few contagious nutters are walking around, there you have a recipe for very poor outcomes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When does Canadian border open up for Canadians coming into 🇺🇸?  It's soon right?

OR: Protecting the Canadians.  I think the 2nd home game (9/26) is the first time Canadians can cross into 🇺🇸 for leisure.   Border gonna open soon, right?

Bit of a thing to consider with the Bills. They share an international border...

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I have no issues with Pegs enforcing this policy, it’s their right to do so.  From an ethical standpoint I don’t agree with the more stringent requirements for customers vs. employee’s.  

Do you think the stadium workers are not being required to get the vaccine?  I agree with you if true.

If you mean the players, well, The Union Makes Us Strong.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think the stadium workers are not being required to get the vaccine?  I agree with you if true.

If you mean the players, well, The Union Makes Us Strong.

I’m not sure about the stadium workers, I was referring to players and understand they are protected by a union.  Still, does not make it ethical that the only unvaccinated people allowed in the building are players.  

For all I know the Pegs are against this policy mandate but NYS might have them by the short hairs with verbiage in the lease agreement.

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow. I was going to go to my 3rd game this year, Nov 21 vs the Colts. 

I guess I'm going to have to sell the tix. 

I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax. I'm just Anti THIS VAX

My antibodies have been phenomenal.  I have no reason to put an experimental drug in my body! 💯

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

I was among the first to be vaccinated in December- that's how I feel about it's importance.  HOWEVER, being vaccinated is a personal choice!!!  Mandates like this are usurping personal freedom and are not democratic.  Shame on you NY and and Terry Pegula.  I'll watch on TV.     

It’s not a mandate for one. And two, where in the annals of time have personal choices come without consequences 

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When does Canadian border open up for Canadians coming into 🇺🇸?  It's soon right?

OR: Protecting the Canadians.  I think the 2nd home game (9/26) is the first time Canadians can cross into 🇺🇸 for leisure.   Border gonna open soon, right?

Bit of a thing to consider with the Bills. They share an international border...

September 21st, unless they extend it again. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I asked my SiL about Montezuma's Revenge.  She said they get it too.  They just know what to drink and not to drink.  😉🤪

I drank some water in Juarez...thankfully I escaped without issues, although there may be every Parasite known to man and many others not, in my body now!

My friend wasn't so lucky he just brushed his teeth and rinsed with the tap and had Montezuma and everybody else that has ever been wronged in Mexico seeking revenge💩

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow. I was going to go to my 3rd game this year, Nov 21 vs the Colts. 

I guess I'm going to have to sell the tix. 

I'm not anti vax. I'm pro vax. I'm just Anti THIS VAX

My antibodies have been phenomenal.  I have no reason to put an experimental drug in my body! 💯

I know it's a nit, but a) one of the vaccines is fully approved now 2) a vaccine is not a drug

I also live in Missouri with relatives and friends in 3 of the least vaccinated counties in the State. 

I know a lot of people who say exactly what you say.  Some of them caught covid and NBD, some got very sick. some when to hospital and it's "knew them" now for too many.

My niece is an RN and works in the ICU of a small county hospital.  She is unvaccinated, her choice.  We're terrified for her because of all the deaths of people in her age group (30-40) and her high exposure.  It would devastate her 5 children, her disabled husband, and her parents if anything happened to her.

I'm not trying to argue you.  Just be sure you choose on facts and not misinformation. The smartest people change their mind all the time in the face of new information. 

Godspeed.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, without a drought said:

There is also half a dozen people upset about these same restrictions at Sabres games.

Putting any restrictions on Sabres games ought to keep their crowds down to about 700 per game to see that sh&$show. 

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know it's a nit, but a) one of the vaccines is fully approved now 2) a vaccine is not a drug

I also live in Missouri with relatives and friends in 3 of the least vaccinated counties in the State. 

I know a lot of people who say exactly what you say.  Some of them caught covid and NBD, some got very sick. some when to hospital and it's "knew them" now.

My niece is an RN and works in the ICU of a small county hospital.  She is unvaccinated, her choice.  We're terrified for her because of all the deaths of people in her age group (30-40) and her high exposure.  It would devastate her 5 children, her disabled husband, and her parents if anything happened to her.

I'm not trying to argue you.  Just be sure you choose on facts and not misinformation. The smartest people change their mind all the time in the face of new information. 

Godspeed.

My buddies wife just died at 43 from covid in Florida, was not vaccinated. No preexisting, ICU for 3 weeks. Not a good time, go get vaxxed its fully approved.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1