Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

34 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@BringBackFergy, @Johnnycage46There’s something called a pineapple casserole from the kitchen of Paula Deen that includes a heavy dose of cheddar cheese in a pie type mixture that my wife has to have at every holiday meal of any kind, and it’s really quite good!

https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/pineapple-casserole/

It goes great with the Easter ham. (Or any time for that matters).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Were there 70k fans?

Well, this year there was a total of 631,000 fans who attended. It’s over 13 days so over 48,000 on an average but I went on a weekend day watching a popular player (Medvedev) so I’d estimate over 60,000 for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I went to the US Open (tennis) last weekend with my wife. They required proof of vaccine to enter.  I thought that might make the lines and security take forever but it didn’t add any time at all and there were hundreds of people in line at each gate, similar to Bills game.  The “check” is a quick glance at your card (or for most people a picture of your card on your offing).

I just bring this up for those folks worried about the added time to get in the stadium. 

Pics??

I just downloaded the clear app and it was pretty simple.  You scan your drivers license, you scan your vaccine card, and you take a selfie.  That’s about it. 

If you have an online medical account, you can sync that too. 

The clear app works for people in all states. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

They didn't even try. I went in wirh a mask on, I was one of about 10 out of 70k.

The green bay game this lady turned around and screamed... HES THE ONLY ONE FOLLOWING THE RULES. I was like you can join if you like

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you have a governor willing to defy the Federal government, isn't this all part of the act that Biden past last week? If you go to Whitehouse.Gov it says people attending large events must be vaccinated. I don't know that the Bills or the State of NY have much say in this. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think it's a rule, so I think the Bills/County do have a say. 

Here's a summary of the US plan from a source I consider trustworthy (click to embiggen):

image.thumb.png.d2874b11b6df82615b3881adcf20815f.png

It just says that large event venues are URGED to require proof of vaccination, it doesn't say they're required to require them (that's ponderous, but you get me I hope)

Someone pointed out that NY just enacted a ruling Sept 6 that Covid is an airborne disease for which businesses are required to provide a transmission prevention plan.  I think it might be a reasonable guess that Erie County/Highmark Stadium quickly came up with a plan involving "mask indoors/unvaccinated mask".

Well, Sept 12 was pretty strong proof that wasn't going to work.  So, Next Plan....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It still is a person choice.  Vaccination remains the cost of doing business in a developed society as it has for the past 100 years.  You are free to live in Liberia if you object.  

Right, and there are mountains of data on those vaccines which actually went through the normal approval process. Why is it so crazy for people to simply have some reservations about something that is essentially a new mode of action and was fast tracked? Especially if they are not in the generally accepted at risk groups? 

7 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

The part I don’t agree with is kids 12 and older have to get the shot to enter.  We’ve been holding off for our daughter for more long term data to come in.  Not a fan of the policy as written.  

Im not vaccinated and I have a 4 year old. I wasn't worried about me but I was more worried about bringing something home to him. I had my mask on at ALL times including the walk and I asked my friend did he see anything close rule compliance... and he said no, him included. I thought it was a no brainer and a blessing to be able to have people in the stands. I guess they took the warnings for granted

• Like (+1) 1