Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

I will say this…

If this was a wink wink nudge nudge play ball on covid with us and we’ll get you some more money for the new stadium, I’ll try to be ok with it.  

As much as I rag on my hometown state, I’d rather not go to any games up there this year but get an announcement on a new stadium in Buffalo/OP sooner rather than later. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Most pro sports in Ontario are moving to vaccinated or negative test required later this month for both fans and staff.  Much more mass acceptance of the concept in Canada, whether that’s right or wrong I’m not going to debate, but that’s my experience with all this.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

So true. The mortality rate of this disease is so low. I’d like to see comparison mortality on Vaccine compared to disease. 

In the US we have 660,000 deaths among 41 million Covid cases, or 1 death for about every 62 cases.  Hell, assume that number of cases is way underestimated, assume it was among 160 million cases - that's still 1 death for about every 240 cases.  The mortality rate is not "so low". 

If 1 out of even 1000 died from just getting vaccinated, we'd have had 180,000 deaths due to vaccination by now (180 million fully vaccinated).  That's not the kind of thing that just gets covered up/not reported.  The real numbers that have died due to vaccination are immensely lower than that.  Then again the types of people who believe in conspiracies could probably be convinced to believe just about anything.  For what?  To suggest it is "safer" to not be vaccinated than to be vaccinated is simply a ridiculous argument.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

I was among the first to be vaccinated in December- that's how I feel about it's importance.  HOWEVER, being vaccinated is a personal choice!!!  Mandates like this are usurping personal freedom and are not democratic.  Shame on you NY and and Terry Pegula.  I'll watch on TV.     

But they have been around as long as the Republic. 

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Expect to see a huge influx of visiting teams' fans this season. Yay!!! 

♥️🤍💙🤍♥️

Doubtful.

NYS has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country. 62% fully vaxxed, and ~70% with at least 1 dose. And that is with a large population too. Erie County itself is at 59% fully vaccinated, and 64% with 1 dose. Literally 2 out of every 3 people.

A lot less likely that folks will be traveling from places like Georgia (43%), NC (48%), Florida (55%), or even Pennsylvania (56%) to a place that requires vaccinations.

• Like (+1) 2

Specifically mentioned in the press conference

Clear Health Pass

New York Excelsior Pass

Other state government sponsored passes

iPhone Docket App (New Jersey & Utah)

California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record

My Colorado app

My IR Mobile (Arizona, DC, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, N Dakota, Washington, West Virginia)

May not be accepted, try at your own risk

Vax Yes

Airside app

Smart Health Cards

IATA Travel Pass

VeriFly

Edited by Just Jack
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Jack, clarification please: is this a list of apps that Highmark/Bills will accept or a just a general list?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

I was among the first to be vaccinated in December- that's how I feel about it's importance.  HOWEVER, being vaccinated is a personal choice!!!  Mandates like this are usurping personal freedom and are not democratic.  Shame on you NY and and Terry Pegula.  I'll watch on TV.     

It still is a person choice.  Vaccination remains the cost of doing business in a developed society as it has for the past 100 years.  You are free to live in Liberia if you object.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

It still is a person choice.  Vaccination remains the cost of doing business in a developed society as it has for the past 100 years.  You are free to live in Liberia if you object.  

I heard it’s beautiful in the fall.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jack, clarification please: is this a list of apps that Highmark/Bills will accept or a just a general list?

It's what I've found doing a quick (well, not so quick) search.  The top two, Clear and Excelsior, were specifically mentioned in the press conference today.  

Anyone going to the KeyBank Center or Highmark Stadium must provide either their physical vaccination card, the New York State Excelsior pass, a Clear Digital Vaccine Card or, for residents outside of New York, government digital vaccine proof.

Other government ones I listed were Docket, California, Colorado, and My IR Mobile are all state government backed apps.  I changed up my post to make it simpler to understand hopefully. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I went to the US Open (tennis) last weekend with my wife. They required proof of vaccine to enter.  I thought that might make the lines and security take forever but it didn’t add any time at all and there were hundreds of people in line at each gate, similar to Bills game.  The “check” is a quick glance at your card (or for most people a picture of your card on your phone).

I just bring this up for those folks worried about the added time to get in the stadium. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

I went to the US Open (tennis) last weekend with my wife. They required proof of vaccine to enter.  I thought that might make the lines and security take forever but it didn’t add any time at all and there were hundreds of people in line at each gate, similar to Bills game.  The “check” is a quick glance at your card (or for most people a picture of your card on your offing).

I just bring this up for those folks worried about the added time to get in the stadium. 

Were there 70k fans?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I went to the US Open (tennis) last weekend with my wife. They required proof of vaccine to enter.  I thought that might make the lines and security take forever but it didn’t add any time at all and there were hundreds of people in line at each gate, similar to Bills game.  The “check” is a quick glance at your card (or for most people a picture of your card on your offing).

Thnx.  I like keeping my original pristine.   Will they notice if it's a very original looking copy, laminated and folded in half to fit in a wallet? Or do you need original?