Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

5 minutes ago, ThurmasThoman said:

To anyone who is unvaccinated and holds tickets:

do not sell them.

If you sell them, the Pegulas win.

If you hold and don't go to the games, if vaccination rates nationwide are reflective in the 70,000 fans, they'll be playing to 35,000 people every week.

Half as much money in concessions.

It will look terrible on tv in primetime.

They'll be forced to concede.

Give it a friendly hastag.

#notestnofans

Make them meet you halfway: show a negative test and get in.

You can break them, you can absolutely break them.

DO NOT SELL YOUR TICKETS.

Don't you know the concessions @ Highmark suck anyway? That's what the lots are for. 😏 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And other public health experts in other states don’t believe this is an issue at all.  

I don’t believe it’s about safety when a large portion of Bills fans… those with natural immunity are being excluded, especially when you could do what, say, Syracuse is doing and require a negative test within 72 hours OR vaccination. 

Let the vaccinated in to wild out and force negative tests on unvaccinated at their own dime.  You know who’s the safest to sit next to in this scenario (one that’s common across other stadiums/arenas) the unvaxxed negative covid test, as there’s no telling whether that vaxxed person has covid or not.  

That’s why, to me, it’s obvious this isn’t about in-stadium safety.  It’s about using a government mechanism to force people in a punitive fashion.  

I honestly don’t believe there’s any other way to take this when they don’t offer a negative test option.  Especially given NY’s political leanings and what Biden urged local politicians to do in his speech. 

I think we're gonna be beating a dead horse here and will cause us to veer away from football PDQ if we keep this out.  There are plenty of states with politically appointed public health 'experts' who don't think it's a problem and whose hospitals are jammed.  I live in one of them.  So I don't think that's a great argument for "it's not a problem" myself.

You keep saying it's "obvious to you" but I don't think it's at all obvious overall.  It's been shown at other venues that a combination of requiring vaccination and negative test results has worked OK for one-off events, but the same thing applies to your unvaccinated self  - you could have tested negative while incubating an infection yesterday, or you could have had a false negative (especially with a rapid antigen test) so now we're back to "there's no telling whether that person (vaxxed or unvaxxed) has Covid or not"  - so you go with the overall odds.

We are NOT gonna go down the politics rabbit hole here, so just don't.  You get a free pass on the "political leanings" and "Biden speech" stuff because you're responding to a post I made, but that's one.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ThurmasThoman said:

Look at the messagers and influencers rolling their eyes and giving this a big red X.

This is a billion dollar brand, and if you hit them in the pocket book, they will fold.

They will fold in about 1 game.

Don't sell.

Make them look foolish.

NEWSFLASH: They already got their money 💰

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ThurmasThoman said:

To anyone who is unvaccinated and holds tickets:

do not sell them.

If you sell them, the Pegulas win.

If you hold and don't go to the games, if vaccination rates nationwide are reflective in the 70,000 fans, they'll be playing to 35,000 people every week.

Half as much money in concessions.

It will look terrible on tv in primetime.

They'll be forced to concede.

Give it a friendly hastag.

#notestnofans

Make them meet you halfway: show a negative test and get in.

You can break them, you can absolutely break them.

DO NOT SELL YOUR TICKETS.

5 minutes ago, ThurmasThoman said:

Look at the messagers and influencers rolling their eyes and giving this a big red X.

This is a billion dollar brand, and if you hit them in the pocket book, they will fold.

They will fold in about 1 game.

Don't sell.

Make them look foolish.

You are vastly overestimating the number of unvaccinated people in WNY and the ability to organize into a cohesive block.

Edited by Bruffalo
Grammar.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So how much of the stadium revenue is concessions, and how much is tickets?  Anyone know?

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume they're private vendors who pay a fee to use the stadium space right?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And other public health experts in other states don’t believe this is an issue at all.  

I don’t believe it’s about safety when a large portion of Bills fans… those with natural immunity are being excluded, especially when you could do what, say, Syracuse is doing and require a negative test within 72 hours OR vaccination. 

Let the vaccinated in to wild out and force negative tests on unvaccinated at their own dime.  You know who’s the safest to sit next to in this scenario (one that’s common across other stadiums/arenas) the unvaxxed negative covid test, as there’s no telling whether that vaxxed person has covid or not.  

That’s why, to me, it’s obvious this isn’t about in-stadium safety.  It’s about using a government mechanism to force people in a punitive fashion.  

I honestly don’t believe there’s any other way to take this when they don’t offer a negative test option.  Especially given NY’s political leanings and what Biden urged local politicians to do in his speech. 

I don't know how anyone can reasonably argue that mandatory vaccination has nothing to do about in-stadium safety just because there are other options like proof of a negative test which come with their own administrative challenges.   A negative test 72 ours before game day is not quite the guarantee policy you suggest.  

To what end do we need to go to placate a crowd whose most compelling reason is "you can't tell me what to do!"?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty easy Felony arrest too

They already have that worked out. There’s an app that you download and then you upload your vaccine card AND a photo of yourself, they verify it beforehand, THEN you show it on your phone at the gate.

So, it’s a felony that also has your face/photo attached to it.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I also don’t think you ever answered the question as to whether you expect them to let people bring their medical records to the gate to prove they’ve had it. That’s just not at all practical. They chose a practical and science-based solution.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we're gonna be beating a dead horse here and will cause us to veer away from football PDQ if we keep this out.  There are plenty of states with politically appointed public health 'experts' who don't think it's a problem and whose hospitals are jammed.  I live in one of them.  So I don't think that's a great argument for "it's not a problem" myself.

You keep saying it's "obvious to you" but I don't think it's at all obvious overall.  It's been shown at other venues that a combination of requiring vaccination and negative test results has worked OK for one-off events, but the same thing applies to your unvaccinated self  - you could have tested negative while incubating an infection yesterday, or you could have had a false negative (especially with a rapid antigen test) so now we're back to "there's no telling whether that person (vaxxed or unvaxxed) has Covid or not"  - so you go with the overall odds.

We are NOT gonna go down the politics rabbit hole here, so just don't.

Poloncarz also mentioned cases growing up there?  I don’t know, im not there, but they’re subsiding down here in FL/GA/SC.  Some of the stories have been proven false, like the Oklahoma story about gunshot victims being denied hospital beds due to overcrowding, so I’d caution in believing what you hear re: some of the stories down south.   We certainly have had a spike, and the people here (majority) are ok with that in exchange for more freedom.  It’s not that way up in NY so different decisions are made. 

Sure, a negative test could be wrong but we’re letting in vaxxed people with no testing at all.  Neither is full proof, so why just the one?   

It is what it is.   Seems this board is representative of America.  Half love this, half hate it.  Probably the most divisive issue I’ve ever seen in my life.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Poloncarz also mentioned cases growing up there?  I don’t know, im not there, but they’re subsiding down here in FL/GA/SC.  Some of the stories have been proven false, like the Oklahoma story about gunshot victims being denied hospital beds due to overcrowding, so I’d caution in believing what you hear re: some of the stories down south.   We certainly have had a spike, and the people here (majority) are ok with that in exchange for more freedom.  It’s not that way up in NY so different decisions are made. 

Sure, a negative test could be wrong but we’re letting in vaxxed people with no testing at all.  Neither is full proof, so why just the one?   

It is what it is.   Seems this board is representative of America.  Half love this, half hate it.  Probably the most divisive issue I’ve ever seen in my life.  

you greatly overstate the number of people who agree with you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

I also don’t think you ever answered the question as to whether you expect them to let people bring their medical records to the gate to prove they’ve had it. That’s just not at all practical. They chose a practical and science-based solution.

Forget bringing medical records or covid positives from however long ago.. I’m saying those people shouldn’t need to be vaccinated right now,  but of course we can’t have 1/2 the crowd at the gates pouring through medical records. 

As I said to Hapless…

True, there are false negatives for covid tests.   There will be covid positive vaxxed.  Neither solution is full proof, yet one is enforced and the other denied entry.  

To me, that’s clearly political.  If this wasn’t being used as a cudgel to increase vaccinations in the community, negative tests would be allowed… as they are in the dome at Syracuse … as I just found out is being done at the Peace Center in South Carolina where a comedian I like is performing.  That’s fine by me.  I’ll go schedule my test before the event. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't know how anyone can reasonably argue that mandatory vaccination has nothing to do about in-stadium safety just because there are other options like proof of a negative test which come with their own administrative challenges.   A negative test 72 ours before game day is not quite the guarantee policy you suggest.  

neither is a vaccination.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I like pie. Apple pie. With a chunk of sharp cheddar. And a glass of cold 2% milk. 

My dad and grandpa loved cheddar with pie.  Never got into it.  I'm a warm pie and vanilla ice cream man myself.  But oddly, I absolutely love cheddar cheese so I might have to revisit that.  It is getting into pie season for me, so we'll see.

• Like (+1) 2