Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

Others may have already said this (I’m too lazy to review all 17 pages), but I’m honestly curious as to how much of an impact this will have on vaccinations in Erie Cty. It will be interesting to see if the number of local vaccinations rises materially after this.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I am of no threat to you.  I can’t enter the stadium.  

A vaccinated person with an active covid infection can sit right next to you all game.  

It’s not about safety.  It’s about punitive community compliance.  You can agree with that, and believe it makes the community safer, but it doesn’t make you safer at the game given the removal of a negative test unvaxxed option. 

Except it isn’t. But I agree not only should they require vaccination but also a Rapid Test before entry. Not days before. Right there ON SITE rapid test. Then you get in. 

• Dislike 1

Why do you feel Highmark shouldn’t allow a negative test?

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I’m likely less of a threat to you than a vaccinated person.  They could knowingly, or unknowingly, be sitting next to you with an active covid infection.  

You seem to believe this is ok as Highmark is being used as a cudgel by politicians to force the vaccine on people as denied entry to the stadium the punitive measure to do so.  

Trying to discuss this as politely as possible to not get dinged, but the non-option of a negative test reveals true intentions… those intentions aren’t safety of fans, they simply are a device to attempt increased vaccination of the public. 

I don't have any opinion about it. I don't work for Erie county or the Bills, I'm reacting to the reality of situation.  

The reality is that you need to be vaccinated now to attend Bills games. Nobody is forcing anyone to get vaccinated, no one is required to go to a Bills game.  If you choose not to be vaccinated, the consequence of your action is that you can't attend a Bills game.  Choices have consequences, if you can't live with the consequences, then make a different choice.  The county isn't strong arming you, nobody is being forced, and the victim complex frankly is kind of insulting.  I know I already said that but I feel like it needs to be emphasized.

If anything, I think the county is being too lenient letting individuals who have had a single shot into the game until Oct. 31st, but that's the compromise they need to make with those who are indignant about regulations. 

I believe everyone who can reasonably be vaccinated should be, full stop.  The people complaining about this clearly don't.  Instead of whining and acting like a victim, own your decision.  You are making a sacrifice based on your strongly held beliefs right? Own it. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't have any opinion about it. I don't work for Erie county or the Bills, I'm reacting to the reality of situation.  

The reality is that you need to be vaccinated now to attend Bills games. Nobody is forcing anyone to get vaccinated, no one is required to go to a Bills game.  If you choose not to be vaccinated, the consequence of your action is that you can't attend a Bills game.  Choices have consequences, if you can't live with the consequences, then make a different choice.  The county isn't strong arming you, nobody is being forced, and the victim complex frankly is kind of insulting.  I know I already said that but I feel like it needs to be emphasized.

If anything, I think the county is being too lenient letting individuals who have had a single shot into the game until Oct. 31st, but that's the compromise they need to make with those who are indignant about regulations. 

I believe everyone who can reasonably be vaccinated should be, full stop.  The people complaining about this clearly don't.  Instead of whining and acting like a victim, own your decision.  You are making a sacrifice based on your strongly held beliefs right? Own it. 

Excellent post!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

You can own your beliefs and still fight back against what is perceived by me to be unjust and unscientific.  

I have zero issue with stadiums, venues requiring me to show them a recent negative test.   That’s is, by far, the safest way to operate.  

Using Bills fandom and stadium access as a cudgel by politicians to increase vaccinations via punitive measures is not something I’m ok with.  

You disagree, but I’m glad the silent part is being said out loud in this thread. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why do you feel Highmark shouldn’t allow a negative test?

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I’m likely less of a threat to you than a vaccinated person.  They could knowingly, or unknowingly, be sitting next to you with an active covid infection. 

Or maybe this isn’t about safety for you and you agree with punitive measures being taken on people you disagree with?

Honest question.  

A negative test does not mean you do not have the virus or are capable of spreading it.  It's been shown over and over again that those who are not yet testing positive may be carrying and spreading the disease.  Think back to all of the outbreaks last year in the NFL where players kept testing negative, until they didn't.

Now someone has answered the question you keep asking, although I am sure you will find some reason to dispute it or come up with some other argument.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

You can own your beliefs and still fight back against what is perceived by me to be unjust and unscientific.  

I have zero issue with stadiums, venues requiring me to show them a recent negative test.   That’s is, by far, the safest way to operate.  

Using Bills fandom and stadium access as a cudgel by politicians to increase vaccinations via punitive measures is not something I’m ok with.  

You disagree, but I’m glad the silent part is being said out loud in this thread. 

You can still become positive for Covid a day after a negative test, so that in no way is the safest way at all. Because you test negative you are immune?? Makes no sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I can't believe you have to risk your life to go to a damn football game now.

Just unbelievable. 

What’s the life risking a little needle? Or being lit beyond recognition being tossed through a freaking table off the top of a Bus? 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

A negative test does not mean you do not have the virus or are capable of spreading it.  It's been shown over and over again that those who are not yet testing positive may be carrying and spreading the disease.  Think back to all of the outbreaks last year in the NFL where players kept testing negative, until they didn't.

Now someone has answered the question you keep asking, although I am sure you will find some reason to dispute it or come up with some other argument.

So is your opinion that no one should go to games, ever?  

I just had covid 2 weeks ago, and you can either sit next to me with natural immunity and a negative rapid test taken morning of Gameday or a vaccinated fan with covid… who are you choosing?   

I understand this is a hypothetical, but under these guidelines I cannot enter the stadium.  The vaccinated fan with an active covid infection can. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I can't believe you have to risk your life to go to a damn football game now.

Just unbelievable. 

It would be worse if the stadium was still at the Rockpile.   Yikes!    You would loose your hubcaps and maybe more.

So is your opinion that no one should go to games, ever?  

I just had covid 2 weeks ago, and you can either sit next to me with a negative rapid test taken morning of Gameday or vaccinated fan with covid… who are you choosing?   

I understand this is a hypothetical, but under these guidelines I cannot enter the stadium.  The vaccinated fan with an active covid infection can. 

I am choosing the person that Followed the guidelines because that is the person that will be in the stadium with me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I am not vaccinated. 
And I think that statement might be the best one I’ve read all day. 100% spot on I agree with every word. Very well said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I am choosing the person that Followed the guidelines because that is the person that will be in the stadium with me. 

Noted.  You would rather sit next to a vaccinated person with an active covid infection than an unvaccinated person without covid.  Amazing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Clearly we're going to go in circles about this, but I completely disagree with this being "a cudgel by politicians to increase vaccinations via punitive measures".  This isn't punitive.  You're not being punished as you're not entitled to attend a football game. It's as ridiculous as saying that because you're required to wear pants to the stadium it's a punitive measure against nudists. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, SCBills said:

So you’re option is no one goes to games, ever?  

I just had covid 2 weeks ago, and you can either sit next to me with a negative rapid test taken morning of Gameday or vaccinated fan with covid… who are you choosing?   

Your argument is a strawman.  There is a thread with lots of links and details (to real publications and web sites) explaining why those who have been vaccinated are less likely to carry and pass on the disease.)

Yes, a vaccinated person could have it and not know (or choose to go to the game anyway.)  Anyone who is known to have it (vaccinated or not) is not allowed to attend.  IMO by requiring vaccination the county is reducing the overall spread of the disease, and it makes sense to me.  I'm sorry that in your case you had it and may be immune ands still can't go.  Sucks to be you.  But you could also just suck it up and get the shot.  Or don't, IDGAF.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Noted.  You would rather sit next to a vaccinated person with an active covid infection than an unvaccinated person without covid.  Amazing. 

I would rather sit next to a person following the protocols. And yes I would also still have my mask on as well. So sorry I don’t really trust any of you with the I just had Covid. 

you going to present your medical records to the gate?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1