Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Lockouts like this are the only thing that is going to drive vaccination up.

They do need a pop up vaccination site close 

It works too, and I support it.  Everyone has a choice, but choices have consequences, period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

While I am vaxed and believe other people should be vaxed I have been against forcing the issue but making them get negative tests.

I do wonder if something has happened that is causing this change in policy......did the NFL turn into a super spreader event and it hasnt come out yet (I certainly do not want that)

Probably stemming from the little dweeb county executive. It’s been his vendetta for months, just needed a couple games under the belt to throw the lack of mask compliance in the teams face and I’m sure threaten capacity restrictions or something.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That's a good question.  We faced the same issue at our health care organization and we got the state to approve any WHO approved vaccine not just the three approved in the US

I’ve had Pfizer so there’s no problem there but it seems like AZ should be approved as well.

Just now, aristocrat said:

genuine question. how do we know who the lemmings are?

Interesting fact on lemmings.  They really dont follow eachother off the cliff, rather Disney forced them off the cliff for a movie back in the 50s for dramatics.  No hidden covid point here.  Just that Disney has been lousy for a long time.  Go Bills!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Probably stemming from the little dweeb county executive. It’s been his vendetta for months, just needed a couple games under the belt to throw the lack of mask compliance in the teams face and I’m sure threaten capacity restrictions or something.

yep.  and obviously, the team is going to go along with whatever mandates are thrown out there with zero pushback.  Just the way it is.

19 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It works too, and I support it.  Everyone has a choice, but choices have consequences, period.

Why do you feel Highmark shouldn’t allow a negative test?

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I’m likely less of a threat to you than a vaccinated person.  They could knowingly, or unknowingly, be sitting next to you with an active covid infection. 

Or maybe this isn’t about safety for you and you agree with punitive measures being taken on people you disagree with?

Honest question.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Why do you feel Highmark shouldn’t allow a negative test?

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I’m likely less of a threat to you than a vaccinated person.  They could knowingly, or unknowingly, be sitting next to you with an active covid infection.  

You seem to believe this is ok as Highmark is being used as a cudgel by politicians to force the vaccine on people as denied entry to the stadium the punitive measure to do so.  

Trying to discuss this as politely as possible to not get dinged, but the non-option of a negative test reveals true intentions… those intentions aren’t safety of fans, they simply are a device to attempt increased vaccination of the public. 

As an Erie County Facility. Knowing lagging Vax rates yep use whatever leverage there is. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

It felt like I could count on just two hands the number of masks I saw all day, from the time I walked in to the stadium to the time I walked out. This was the case despite the very clearly posted -- and oft repeated over the PA system -- stadium rule on masks in common areas.

For those who are angry about the new vax requirement, I have a pretty clear idea who they can thank for it...

Serious question, had they not changed the rules to address the unmasked, would it have impacted your decision to attend future games?    For what it’s worth, I’m not angry about the vax requirement, but feel EC could have made this call earlier.  I’m also concerned about the time it will take to get into the stadium when we attend later this year.  

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

As an Erie County Facility. Knowing lagging Vax rates yep use whatever leverage there is. 

I despise what you’re saying, but at least you’re telling the truth.  I know this isn’t about the safety of fans attending the stadium.   If it was, the best way of protection (negative covid tests) would be allowed. 

This is a punitive measure used by politicians to increase vaccination.  Just let’s be honest about it.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

I despise what you’re saying, but at least you’re telling the truth.  I know this isn’t about the safety of fans attending the stadium. 

This is a punitive measure used by politicians to increase vaccination.  Just let’s be honest about it.  

And rightfully so. Just like seat belt tickets just like drunk driving checkpoints. Law and order. Get a lagging vaccine rate up with every lever available to you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And rightfully so. Just like seat belt tickets just like drunk driving checkpoints. Law and order. Get a lagging vaccine rate up with every lever available to you. 

Ok, we don’t need to debate this.  I’m just glad someone is admitting this isn’t actually about in-stadium safety.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I despise what you’re saying, but at least you’re telling the truth.  I know this isn’t about the safety of fans attending the stadium. 

But it is, and not only for just fans....it's about safety for all ppl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Ok, we don’t need to debate this.  I’m just glad someone is admitting this isn’t actually about in-stadium safety.  

Except it is. And science has shown that. But it is what it is. And will continue to occur as people are taking their medical advice from Qtube 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Yeah, doesn't work.  I was in the clinical trial, so they haven't accounted for the fact that people like me got the shot over a year ago.  

Here's an idea from an article I read earlier today. It was on a subscription site, so I'm not going to bother with a link. Go get another shot, different type than what you already had.  This woman, she already had the J&J one shot.  She wanted a booster, but did not want to wait for official approval.  So she went and got a Pfizer dose, no questions asked.  

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

But it is, and not only for just fans....it's about safety for all ppl.

I just had covid 2 weeks ago.  I am of no threat to you.  I can’t enter the stadium.  

A vaccinated person with an active covid infection can sit right next to you all game.  

It’s not about stadium safety.  It’s about punitive community compliance.  You can agree with that, and believe it makes the community safer, but it doesn’t make you safer at the game given the removal of a negative test unvaxxed option. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1