Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty easy Felony arrest too

My old bosses good friend forged some passes to the Masters one year. He had no idea what kind of deep kaka he was getting into. The guy was an orthodontist who had never been in trouble with the law….until he very much was.  Those guys don’t mess around! 

• Like (+1) 1

The border is closed if driving over, but open if you fly.  That makes sense, right?

Anyways, I found I could fly to NYC and back home for $200 if I go on a low demand day and off times.  Figure I may just fly in and out and get my shot.  I’ll also need to take a $200 covid test to travel, and might need to take one to return.  It’s a mess.  

The land travel closure continues to be extended by Biden by another month on or about the 21st of each month, so I’m hoping he finally opens it this month.  Apparently the concern is that opening Canada and Mexico must be done together, but Mexico still has concerning covid issues (and Canada is better off than the US at this point), so Canada is being held back due to Mexico.  Meanwhile Canada opened its borders to US travelers a month or two back, and to global travelers one month after we opened to US visitors.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Is the border still closed?  If able to get in come in and take a JJ or start the two shot cycle of the others. Gonna tweet at him and see if he answers about AZ though. 

Last I heard americans can get into Canada but canadians aren't allowed into America (if I am wrong please correct me)

Thats a good idea, I have to imagine its something that would effect a number of Canadian bills fans 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

The only part that triggers me is that a photo of the card is not acceptable.  So us out of towners need to remember to bring the actual paper 3x5 card on the plane and then remember to bring it to the game.  Can't imagine how many folks will forget it at home.  Just an extra layer of pain in the a$$.    

Consider it as a vaccine passport 😎

While I am vaxed and believe other people should be vaxed I have been against forcing the issue but making them get negative tests.

I do wonder if something has happened that is causing this change in policy......did the NFL turn into a super spreader event and it hasnt come out yet (I certainly do not want that)

25 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I wonder what I can do coming from Canada, provided the border even opens.

We don’t have vaccine cards or digital passports to show.  We have a rather non descript receipt that looks like it came out of a Walmart checkout.

Over and above that, the CDC does not yet recognize AstraZeneca which many of us in our 40s and 50s were given.

Over and above that, most of us who were given AstraZeneca as a first dose were given Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose, and the CDC does not recognize mixed vaccines as being legitimate (although some studies suggest it’s more effective than two of the same type).  Our brilliant Canadian government said the best vaccine is the one that’s available and didn’t consider the travel implications if it doled out a mixed dosing regimen.  

I got AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer.  I may need to fly into any random US state just to get a second Pfizer dose or maybe a single J&J if still offered (just to keep things simple), so I can visit the US when the borders open and also attend Bills games.  

It’s a gong show.

All good points that need clarification/resolution

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Last I heard americans can get into Canada but canadians aren't allowed into America (if I am wrong please correct me)

Thats a good idea, I have to imagine its something that would effect a number of Canadian bills fans 

Tweeted at Erie, Pegulas and all reporters trying to define if AstraZeneca is an approved vaccine for entry (I would imagine the answer would be Yes, but never know I guess). I will post any responses 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

While I am vaxed and believe other people should be vaxed I have been against forcing the issue but making them get negative tests.

I do wonder if something has happened that is causing this change in policy......did the NFL turn into a super spreader event and it hasnt come out yet (I certainly do not want that)

I believe it is because the CDC does not support surveillance testing in lieu of vaccination.  And that is how many governor mandates and employer mandates have been rolled out in the last several weeks.  

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think it’s an NFL thing or anything happening or they would be forcing other stadiums to comply to these policies The league would never allow stadiums to be no mask no vaccine if there was data of super spreading. They’d get out ahead of it to prevent any backlash imo. 

Edited by Rc2catch

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

One of my main issues with it is as an out of state resident, I will have to carry my physical card.  A picture of it is not accepted.  I don't like carrying the original anywhere, could get lost.  

Try having to bring your PASSPORT with you to games in the US because they won't accept you're under 21 to get a beer when you're 40!

Get drunk, lose your passport and you're gonna have a bad time :(

2 hours ago, SDS said:

it’s fine that you think that, but I also think it’s nuts that you think that. What in the world could possibly make you think that they need to check for every disease known to man or nothing?

Yet they don’t prevent people who have never received a measles vaccine (for example) from going places other than grammar and high school.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, snafu said:

Yet they don’t prevent people who have never received a measles vaccine (for example) from going places other than grammar and high school.

Sounds like mandatory vaccination to attend public schools, private schools, and serve in the military has been highly effective.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1