Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

Just now, Beast said:

Hope I'm not crossing the line with this question but is it Erie County, the Bills or both behind this?

If it was answered earlier, my apologies.

Erie County since it is their building, as far as I know.

Which brings up an interesting side point: how much of this will resonate with the Pegulas when thinking about having the new stadium publicly funded versus owning it themselves and setting their own rules?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Erie County since it is their building, as far as I know.

Which brings up an interesting side point: how much of this will resonate with the Pegulas when thinking about having the new stadium publicly funded versus owning it themselves and setting their own rules?

They are saying it is a Joint agreement. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But if you get a refund on your seasons you will lose the perks and seniority. Something to think about there. 

Frustrated Head GIF

Erie County and Bills. It was a joint decision buy what has been said. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Serious question: Is joint agreement the same as joint decision?

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Question. It says and other apps? Anyone have any idea which those are. I was vaccinated abroad but want to try to make it back to Buffalo for a game.

The official Government Apps. I think with the uncertainty I would call Bills and ask if a certain digital platform would be accepted. 

I think it is awesome that the community is so involved in this discussion that despite having half the posts removed from the thread twice over two hours we are still over a dozen pages.

Keep up the hard work mods! I hope you are compensated well for keeping up with such a challenging task. ❤️

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I would suggest no.

If I roll one up and pass it around, that is a decision.

If a bunch of people contribute to the salad, that is an agreement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think so. Because the way it is being framed if you look at the tweets is like see don’t worry about the stadium when something needs to be done we together get it done. 

it just weird it is also being framed to project about the new stadium discussions. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

The official Government Apps. I think with the uncertainty I would call Bills and ask if a certain digital platform would be accepted. 

I’ve got physical card and I can get vaccine certification through NHS app, which is accepted for entry to multiple countries. I would assume that does the trick but yea calling and asking would make most sense.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Hope I'm not crossing the line with this question but is it Erie County, the Bills or both behind this?

If it was answered earlier, my apologies.

No you're good, this is the kind of query we need this thread for.

Poloncarz tweeted about it, so I think it's a good assumption Erie County.

But someone also suggested this from the State may be behind it:

https://dol.ny.gov/ny-hero-act

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

I’ve got physical card and I can get vaccine certification through NHS app, which is accepted for entry to multiple countries. I would assume that does the trick but yea calling and asking would make most sense.

Yeah I think the NHS app would be accepted. Because it does say other governments approved digital platforms 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder what I can do coming from Canada, provided the border even opens.

We don’t have vaccine cards or digital passports to show.  We have a rather non descript receipt that looks like it came out of a Walmart checkout.

Over and above that, the CDC does not yet recognize AstraZeneca which many of us in our 40s and 50s were given.

Over and above that, most of us who were given AstraZeneca as a first dose were given Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose, and the CDC does not recognize mixed vaccines as being legitimate (although some studies suggest it’s more effective than two of the same type).  Our brilliant Canadian government said the best vaccine is the one that’s available and didn’t consider the travel implications if it doled out a mixed dosing regimen.  

I got AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer.  I may need to fly into any random US state just to get a second Pfizer dose or maybe a single J&J if still offered (just to keep things simple), so I can visit the US when the borders open and also attend Bills games.  

It’s a gong show.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vanhalen26 said:

We don’t have vaccine cards or digital passports to show.  We have a rather non descript receipt that looks like it came out of a Walmart checkout.

Over and above that, the CDC does not yet recognize AstraZeneca which many of us in our 40s and 50s were given.

Over and above that, most of us who were given AstraZeneca as a first dose were given Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose, and the CDC does not recognize mixed vaccines as being legitimate (although some studies suggest it’s more effective than two of the same type).  Our brilliant Canadian government said the best vaccine is the one that’s available and didn’t consider the travel implications if it doled out a mixed dosing regimen.  

I got AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer.  I may need to fly into any random US state just to get a second Pfizer dose or maybe a single J&J if still offered (just to keep things simple), so I can visit the US when the borders open and also attend Bills games.  

It’s a gong show.

We hear a lot of griping about vaccines, most of which is just that: idle griping.

But I gotta admit it: you make a good point here. As we approach the one-year anniversary of approved vaccines, it's time for our U.S. governments and our foreign partners to get this coordinated. Silly arbitrary rules don't do much to encourage faith in government ...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

It’s a gong show.

Yeah don’t think AZ is honored by this tweet. 

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I would take it as him providing examples since those are the predominant vaccines available here but it not being mentioned isn't a great sign to the Canadians with az vaccine

Is the border still closed?  If able to get in come in and take a JJ or start the two shot cycle of the others. Gonna tweet at him and see if he answers about AZ though. 

18 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Question. It says and other apps? Anyone have any idea which those are. I was vaccinated abroad but want to try to make it back to Buffalo for a game.

That's a good question.  We faced the same issue at our health care organization and we got the state to approve any WHO approved vaccine not just the three approved in the US