Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Also I'm still waiting for your answer about the religious stance. Not being an ass, was generally curious what you meant by "faith won't allow me" and if you mean all vaccines?

Christian Scientists, and mayyyybe Jehovah Witnesses. The only religions that I can think of that are actually against vaccines in general.

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Also I'm still waiting for your answer about the religious stance. Not being an ass, was generally curious what you meant by "faith won't allow me" and if you mean all vaccines?

god’s mandate to avoid vaccines seems weirdly specific.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Not to get off topic but I love Prison Mike. I have a tee shirt and a coffee mug

I'm an Oklahoma State alum/fan/maniac... why I love Buffalo today... Thurman Thomas. 

OSU usually has home games around Halloween (we are orange and black) and a kid in the student section dressed up like him and did the mean-mug. It was the most epic costume I've ever seen. He was on the jumbotron a few times, I wish I could have caught it on camera. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, SDS said:

it’s fine that you think that, but I also think it’s nuts that you think that. What in the world could possibly make you think that they need to check for every disease known to man or nothing?

I think it's right there in the Constitution.  Or maybe the Bible.  Not sure.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I have plenty of options and none of what you listed. 

No, you really don't. It's completely cut and dry. There's no margin for loopholes of any kind. Just two options. You can not like it. But it doesn't change a thing. You sound like a petulant child who's never been told 'no' before. You're not above the rules. You're not a special snowflake. Two options, do what's asked. Or don't. That's your choice. But then you don't get the privileges that come with doing what's asked. And again, it's a PRIVILEGE. Not a RIGHT. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Christian Scientists, and mayyyybe Jehovah Witnesses. The only religions that I can think of that are actually against vaccines in general.

I mean still have to get vaccines to attend school. At least public school anyways, I'd assume all schools public or not. That wouldn't change that.

Just now, SDS said:

god’s mandate to void vaccines seems weirdly specific.

• Like (+1) 1

There's a lot of hot hot takes in this thread, looks like your personal choices have consequences, one of which is not being able to going to a Bills game in person. 

This is a team and business complying with local regulations.  Direct your (unjustified) anger to the county, it's absurd to be mad at the Bills here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Since you’ve decided to deflect, I will simply assume you know this policy - with no testing option - is a joke and not actually designed to keep anyone safe. 

No, I seriously would much rather not get coughed on at all and don't understand why I would need to make that decision since I've successfully taught 2 kids under 8 how not to cover their mouths.  (They also are completely capable of wearing masks to school every day and have had lots of vaccinations with surprisingly few tears.)

If the question is who would I rather sit next to, 100% it's someone who is vaccinated, because in general I'd prefer their company, and would feel safe enough next to them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

There's a lot of hot hot takes in this thread, looks like your personal choices have consequences, one of which is not being able to going to a Bills game in person. 

This is a team and business complying with local regulations.  Direct your (unjustified) anger to the county, it's absurd to be mad at the Bills here.

will be interesting to see how many cases and hospitalizations are traced to the 9/12 Bills game in the coming weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Our Health Care infrastructure, may very well collapse, in that scenario. Need an ICU room, for the unexpected health crisis, or accident?

Fogetaboutit...

Yea, there is a downside to it unfortunately.  

28 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I have to prove my COVID status but not my AIDS or Tuberculosis status

Well, are you having sex in the bathrooms at the stadium? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Business reason probably insurance related