Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Have to verify with Bills that they will accept the digital records that they previously haven’t listed. 

Good point, but they will accept, "Government digital vaccine proof from outside NYS."  I would assume this means that if another government accepts something, the stadium will accept it.  Guess it can't hurt to double check, though.  

Edited by RyanC883

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Tuberculosis is airborne transmission and potentially more contagious. 

if you’re here just to be an idiot, then please just stop. You can do rbis stupid stuff on your own Facebook page or Twitter or somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Lying?? Now you’re questioning my faith? 

I don't care who or what you believe in. It's not an exemption. Going to a football game or any event is not a religious right. It is not a constitutional right. It's a privilege granted or veto'd at the discretion of the owners of the business. You can choose to abide by what's asked of you and attend or refuse to do what's required and not attend. Those are the only options. So tired of all you people who think rules don't apply to you.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think the free and easy shot is the work around.

Also, go ahead and take an NFL team and or the county the court. In the time you will be heard the season will be over and you will have lost the expenses of your attorney fees. 

38 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Lots of data there my 14 year old then 16 year old got vaxed in March and April... no ill effects

My 12 year old got vaxxed in June and he's already grown 2 inches and his grades have gone from C's to A's!

That was a joke, of course.  But, seriously, me, my wife and my son are vaccinated.  I recommend it to everyone.  I would have been dead by age 10 from cancer, if I had trusted my natural immunity to heal me, instead of the scientists at Roswell.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

it’s fine that you think that, but I also think it’s nuts that you think that. What in the world could possibly make you think that they need to check for every disease known to man or nothing?

Oh I don't think it's going to happen exactly like that lol though I don't think there's going to be vaccine requirements next year

I just read a news report about in California.. where you needed a covid vaccine to enter... So the owner was asking for all vaccination requirements to make a point

I'm just saying I could see something like that working hypothetically... Don't think it's actually going to happen 

But I see the precedent

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I still don't know how they are going to enforce it. I can't imagine the lines going into checking the vaccination status of 70,000. By the time people get into the game it will be after the game is over

I’m thinking they will realistically have to open gates around 9am to accommodate this. As long as people get there early it should go fine. Just have to be prepared to wait. 

• Agree 1

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

My 12 year old got vaxxed in June and he's already grown 2 inches and his grades have gone from C's to A's!

That was a joke, of course.  But, seriously, me, my wife and my son are vaccinated.  I recommend it to everyone.  I would have been dead by age 10 from cancer, if I had trusted my natural immunity to heal me, instead of the scientists at Roswell.

Yeh mine now 17 year old did that and now is 6'4" 230lbs

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

wait…

“There will be no refunds for single game purchasers. Single game purchasers that are unable to meet the above requirements can transfer, resell, or donate their tickets.”

what?  That’s not good.

I thought this was a bit weird. They bought the tickets to your “show” and now your telling them they can’t go unless they conform to rules that didn’t exist when they first bought the ticket. But your also not giving them their money back. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nucci said:

What happens if I do not want to get vaccinated?

• Season Ticket Members: All Season Ticket Members will receive an email that outlines specific guidelines to request a refund for the remaining pro-rated amount of your tickets. Suites and club seat Season Ticket Members will receive separate communication with specific guidelines pertinent to their account.

• Single Game Buyers: There will be no refunds for single game purchasers. Single game purchasers who are unable to meet the above requirements can transfer, resell, or donate their tickets.

Is there a deadline to receive a refund for tickets or suites for the 2021 season? YES, the deadline for informing the Bills ticket office of your decision to NOT be vaccinated and ask for a refund is Friday, September 17th at 8:00 PM ET.

Brilliant!

PSA:  anyone who doesn't want the shot and is looking to unload tickets, please PM me.  I offer pennies on the dollar!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nucci said:

What happens if I do not want to get vaccinated?

• Season Ticket Members: All Season Ticket Members will receive an email that outlines specific guidelines to request a refund for the remaining pro-rated amount of your tickets. Suites and club seat Season Ticket Members will receive separate communication with specific guidelines pertinent to their account.

• Single Game Buyers: There will be no refunds for single game purchasers. Single game purchasers who are unable to meet the above requirements can transfer, resell, or donate their tickets.

Is there a deadline to receive a refund for tickets or suites for the 2021 season? YES, the deadline for informing the Bills ticket office of your decision to NOT be vaccinated and ask for a refund is Friday, September 17th at 8:00 PM ET.

that’s horrendous.  So someone who is not vaccinated (Teh ignorance!!!  I know, I know) and purchased single-game tickets with the full intent of wearing a mask the whole game is SOL now?   Yeah, great, they can resell their tickets on the official fAnExChAnGe and take a sizable loss after fees.

Bad, bad look by the team.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Good point, but they will accept, "Government digital vaccine proof from outside NYS."  I would assume this means that if another government accepts something, the stadium will accept it.  Guess it can't hurt to double check, though.  

Yeah I know my clear will be accepted because specifically mentioned it. But if ai didn’t have one that was specifically mentioned ai would call to verify JUST to make sure. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Nope, sorry... not a burner account. Bills fan (since 1988) from Oklahoma. Work at a school as a counselor (and w/an outside agency as a LPC). You can find my FB "Ryno Austin". Just the first time I've posted. 

Well let me say welcome to your first posts. Some of us are nice on here.  (Not saying you’re not nice on here@Mike in Horseheads) just in general to some of the disrespectful comments in this thread 

• Thank you (+1) 2