Highmark Stadium now requiring vaccination for entry

StHustle
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

LISTEN UP!

We need a discussion thread for the highly relevant issue of new HIghmark Stadium vaccination requirements - how to handle vaccine card requirements, apps, how to re-sell tickets if desired, refund policy and consequences, stadium entry concerns etc.

Please try to refrain from becoming an internet epidemiologist or virologist, and recall that there are many many other places on the interwebs to have general political or covid-19 discussion. 

Keep it directly related to Highmark Stadium and to Bills Football, Please

That Is All.  Thanks People!

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Always a risk when the league or individual cities/owners take punitive measures against fans.  Perhaps they can do away with fans altogether and ascend to an entirely spiritual league

I wouldn't call it a punitive measure. NY State is over 60% vaccinated. For the sake of making it easy, let's say it's 50/50 in the stadium. The 50% vaccinated crowd would prefer to be in a safer environment.

No matter which way you go, there's going to be some people who don't like it. Might as well err on the side of public health and safety and piss off the people who refuse the vaccine, rather than the other way around. That's my two cents.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The Funny thing is this announcement will lead to alot of Noise But will ALSO lead to alot more vaccinations, that is the reality 

Probably not

People I know that aren't vaccinated are never going to get vaccinated... Even the ones with season tickets I don't think this is going to change them

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Isn't that the point?

I believe it is, just funny watching the noise, knowing full well that noise is probably coming from someone on their phone on their way to a Vax site to make sure they are good for the Washington Game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

We literally discussed the course of action they were going to take, did we not?

The utter defiance for the masking in the concourses and bathrooms allowed them to do what they wanted to do from the outset.........and 60,000 people got to see exactly why.

That was their only play, ultimately.

They can't enforce the mask wearing in that size of a crowd.

I put my neck gator on and pulled it up to leave the stadium and the sheriffs looked at me like..........".holy *****!  One of these assh*les actually followed the rule".:doh:

in the Dunn tire club section, I would say most people walking around were masked, but there were so many people eating and drinking it was really only 50%. A significant amount just blew off the requirement.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Probably not

People I know that aren't vaccinated are never going to get vaccinated... Even the ones with season tickets I don't think this is going to change them

Then they dont watch the games live, thats fine, hope they limit their financial loss on the secondary market

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I guess I'm surprised they went from week 1 of having an unenforced mask policy to now having a fully vaccinated or GTFO policy. 

I'd be surprised if this doesn't revert back to the standard mask/honor system that you see at most businesses. 

I think the fact that it was unenforceable (and completely disregarded by 99% of the attendees) is exactly why the have the new policy.

• Like (+1) 4

I went to a few concerts this summer where proof of vaccination was required. It was easy and didn't cause any delays. Someone looks at your card or a picture of your card on a phone and your ID before you hit the normal security and metal detectors. The vac check did not slow the line down at all. It's still the normal security going through the mags where the hold up is. So, not a "***** show" at all.

I mean maybe if someone decided to throw a tantrum or give an angry ted talk to the person checking cards about their opposition to vaccines it would slow things down, but when people act like adults who had enough common sense to look up the entry policy before they arrived, it seems to be pretty seamless.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1