Daboll on what went right/wrong

foreboding

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Why is this Offense/Daboll so hell bent on getting the ball to the WR when the Bills WR's are getting shut down.

I mean wouldn't common sense tell you to try something different when the TE and RB are an afterthought.

Our strength is our QB and our WR’s. Did you watch last season?

• Like (+1) 1

Tale of 2 offensive coordinators.

Greg Roman - Lopsided running focus

Brian Daboll - Lopsided passing focus

If I have to err on one side or the other, I'll take Daboll's aggressiveness every time.    Even in a loss to Pittsburgh.

It is so much more fun watching an offense that is always looking for the homerun play - even on fourth and 8.     

And when they are clicking.....man it is fun!

If they just get Josh to dial it back a hair until things are obviously going in their favor.   Then step on the gas.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Clearly. 

However, the general sentiment after the AFCCG was that we need to be able to use the RBs and TEs effectively when other things aren't working.  The coaches went into the season saying that the players at those positions aren't a problem. 

...So are they really not a problem, and Daboll never figured out how to use them in the exact aforementioned situations; or are they a problem, and the real solution is that we're just sort of going to ignore them and hope nobody notices that we still don't use them?

Edited by BringBackFlutie
I suck at writing
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Teams figure you out in this league. 

Did you watch the last two games?

There is no reason why Knox and Singletary should not be a bigger part of the game plan. None.

Edited by Figster
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Clearly. 

However, the general sentiment after the AFCCG was that we need to be able to use the RBs and TEs effectively when other things aren't working.  The coaches went into the season saying that the players at those positions aren't a problem. 

...So are they really not a problem, and Daboll never figured out how to use them in the exact aforementioned situations; or are they a problem, and the real solution is that we're just sort of going to ignore them and hope nobody notices that we still don't use them?

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Lol, we need to get the ball to Singletary and Knox and not Diggs, Beasley and Davis because we lost in the AFCCG is such a bananas take.

The Chiefs lost in the Super Bowl, I hope they stop throwing to Tyreek and Kelce. They need to get Mecole Hardman more involved!

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Truth, we needed otherwordly Josh against the Colts and the game against Bmore was weird because of the weather. Against KC we got totally exposed. The gameplan against Josh and our offense isn't complicated. Play contain with front 4, flood the zones and let your defensive backs make a play or rush 4 and hope your backend holds up while one of your rushers gets home for a sack/hurry/pressure. If you can do either of those two things you can throw our offense out of rhythm.

We saw it plain as day in KC and it was evident against Pittsburgh as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills clearly stick to a script:

1. We call the best plays we can. 

2. Tip your hat to the Steelers

3. We all want plays back

And that's about all you get. 

I agree with you, but I would expect them to do that.

They're not exactly going to call guys out in public.     That would not be good for the locker room.

He admitted fault for not doing good enough.   So did McDermott.

What else would anyone expect them to say?

The interviews are mostly pointless, but they have to do them.   If they weren't made to do them, why in the world would any of the NFL coaches want to do them.   There is nothing to gain - only potential negative consequences if you slip up and say the wrong thing to piss off a player or divulge something to your opponents or give the media fodder so they can make a story out of nothing - Kind of like the Covid story with Dawkins that they keep trying to stir up.

Smart coaches play politics and keep their mouths shut while only blaming themselves and crediting the other team.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Lol, we need to get the ball to Singletary and Knox and not Diggs, Beasley and Davis because we lost in the AFCCG is such a bananas take.

The Chiefs lost in the Super Bowl, I hope they stop throwing to Tyreek and Kelce. They need to get Mecole Hardman more involved!

Almost every successful Offense in this league has a go to security blanket TE. Take a good look at the last Superbowl winners. Brady and Mahomes would be ringless without good TE play. Buffalo O lacks physicality and is getting man handled IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1