ESPN's MNF broadcast is unwatchable

Dan Darragh

I liked the Mannings, the game does at times get moved to the background, but especially if you're not completely invested in the game and hanging on every down and distance I thought they came off well and it was entertaining.   I also feel like after having one or two under their belt they will work out some kinks and the whole thing will get even better

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I actually liked the MNF crew. Anything is better than that lady they tried forcing down our throats. And also better than Collinsworth on Sunday nights 

Collinsworth is the best color guy in the business to me. I know some people hate him but he is the best at his job. I think Romo had that title for a few years, and he was actually very good on the KC game on Sunday, but CBS have been obsessed with forcing him into a straightjacket otherwise and last season he was dull beyond belief. 

The most annoying thing about the MNF crew was them lusting after a punter who outkicked his coverage on every single punt. Like he is literally failing at his job and you are lauding him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

The biggest problem with the MNF crew is the 3 man booth. Less is more. Levy can be annoying, but not as bad as Tessitore who was just trying way way too hard.  They also either told Riddick to speak up, or they turned his mic up.  There were times last year when you could barely hear him. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Collinsworth is the best color guy in the business to me. I know some people hate him but he is the best at his job. I think Romo had that title for a few years, and he was actually very good on the KC game on Sunday, but CBS have been obsessed with forcing him into a straightjacket otherwise and last season he was dull beyond belief. 

The most annoying thing about the MNF crew was them lusting after a punter who outkicked his coverage on every single punt. Like he is literally failing at his job and you are lauding him. 

He must be doing something right. The SNF gig is a pretty big deal and he’s had it for a long time. I just can’t stand the sound of his voice or anything that comes out of his mouth. Besides that he’s not that bad

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

He must be doing something right. The SNF gig is a pretty big deal and he’s had it for a long time. I just can’t stand the sound of his voice or anything that comes out of his mouth. Besides that he’s not that bad

His voice gets on my nerves, too.  I think he brings a lot of value, as far as football content ... but he is a shameless ball-washer every week and that gets really old, really quickly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

His voice gets on my nerves, too.  I think he brings a lot of value, as far as football content ... but he is a shameless ball-washer every week and that gets really old, really quickly.

Gruden 2.0

Chris, please tell me how great the superstar is again..

It's like the guy is catering to teenagers and chicks who are just discovering football for the first time.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just wish the MNF crew would have mentioned one time the 6 ravens torn ACL’s, he says sarcastically. 

3 people in the booth and sideline reporters...too many people...it's a football game...only so much to talk about and there's too much talking.

45 minutes ago, nucci said:

I watch most sporting events with volume off. They just repeat same cliches and phrases all game. Establish the run,,,gotta execute, pressure the QB....get him in space

I remember the Jets/Dolphins game NBC broadcast a "long" time ago without using any announcers. Just the crowd noise and nothing else. They wanted to experiment with giving folks at home the in-stadium feel. For a minute I thought I was at the Ralph and almost ran in to pee in the bathroom sink at halftime.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ya know, I watched the entire game from start to finish and never gave any of this a single thought. So there’s that.

The only thought I gave it was that the microphone levels were off. I really barely listened to the color commentary. 
The Manning broadcast could be good, but why show them watching the game?  What a waste of screen space. I’m not tuning in to watch someone watch a game — but I will listen. 

1 minute ago, LittleSammy said:

I remember the Jets/Dolphins game NBC broadcast a "long" time ago without using any announcers. Just the crowd noise and nothing else. They wanted to experiment with giving folks at home the in-stadium feel. For a minute I thought I was at the Ralph and almost ran in to pee in the bathroom sink at halftime.

I remember that game. i enjoyed it...now the score, clock and other info is on the screen at all time...they even superimpose the down and distance on the field. The refs have microphones...there is no need for broadcasters in the booth. I love in replay review when they say....." that's close, could go either way" No ***** it's close...that's why it's under review

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, snafu said:

The only thought I gave it was that the microphone levels were off. I really barely listened to the color commentary. 
The Manning broadcast could be good, but why show them watching the game?  What a waste of screen space. I’m not tuning in to watch someone watch a game — but I will listen. 

At my age I get up to go to the bathroom too much so tuning in to watch me watch a game wouldn’t be good television. 😂 (And when it’s the Bills game there’s a bit too much yelling at Daboll….again not good TV)