MNF: Ravens at Raiders 8:15 ESPN

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Big C said:

Nice story about Zay. Sometimes you need a change of scenery. He probably won’t ever be a weekly stud but good for him putting in work and finding a way to stick around in this league and make a game

winning play.

This is really great. I have no hard feelings for Zay and wish him the best.  Sammy, on the other hand…

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I would've laughed so hard if he dropped it.  I give him credit though as he managed another catch in the game.  

BTW...what's John Brown's agent's leverage when he got cut by the Raiders and Zay Jones didn't.

I thought John Brown “asked for his release”. Though maybe that’s a way to save face by running out the door ahead of the Turk

Another great game for the neutral.... Tuesday morning reflections:

- The injuries are going to be too much for Baltimore. While they had a couple of big runs from the running back position they were never able to establish a consistent threat in the traditional run game and that is the overlooked core component of their offense, but even more so Marcus Peters' absence really hurts. Tavon Young struggled mightily last night and that is without mentioning the receiver injuries;

- I thought Greg Roman called a strange game. It took until the third quarter for him to get to any sort of play action / RPO component and the first half was way too much Lamar Jackson in the shotgun and conventional dropback - which the world and his wife knows is not his game;

- The Raiders are a really, nearly team. I saw a lot of predictions in pre-season of them really sucking, but I don't expect them to. I think they will hover either side of .500 again. They have some really nice players but then some bizarre holes and what I would class as self imposed limitations;

- Which brings me to Derek Carr and their passing game. Until the final minute of regular time their fullback had double the catches of their two starting outside receivers - Edwards and Ruggs. It isn't that those guys are not talented, they are.... but whether it is from Gruden or Carr they are obsessed with playing this almost New England style small ball where they throw to tight ends and backs all the time. Only when they were desperate and the game was on the line did they take chances to their wideouts - and it worked. They need to trust them earlier in games and this offense could really become a powerhouse;

- The announcers continually praising the Raiders huge legged punter for outkicking his coverage really got my goat all night long. Duvenay was really close to breaking a couple of those. I predict at least one pun t return touchdown against Vegas this season. At LEAST one. 

- Darren Waller and Josh Jacobs dug me out of a couple of fantasy holes so all is good :) 

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The BBFS is still strong with some of us, and we lack that confidence

Fixed.  I’m not even spending a lot of time on the board this week because I knew how it would look.  One bad half against a top defense and suddenly the sky has fallen.  It’s a joke.  I’ll see you all on Monday when I return from Miami and everyone is gushing over another 4 or 5 TD Josh Allen performance in a statement road win.

I also meant to say how cool it was to see Carl Nassib make the critical play last night too. That young man had the courage to go break the taboo of being an out gay man in the NFL in the summer and then he comes out week 1 and just does his thing. All the nonsense that was written about him being a distraction etc shown up for what it is. The kid is a decent football player. Who he sleeps with matters not a jot. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I would've laughed so hard if he dropped it.  I give him credit though as he managed another catch in the game.  

BTW...what's John Brown's agent's leverage when he got cut by the Raiders and Zay Jones didn't.

Looked like Carr extra made sure to throw a light high arc ball there.

That game is an instant classic.  In the category of never have I ever..  Never have I ever seen a team give away a game only to get a collossial break and deliver a jaw dropping ending.  The TD, NO TD, Redzone INT, subsequent Fumble, Delay of game penalty and then a Zay Jones TD made for incredible TV.  I hate, hate, hate the Ravens.  So needless to say, I was delighted.  That was one of the more entertaining MNF games in recent memory.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Another great game for the neutral.... Tuesday morning reflections:

- The injuries are going to be too much for Baltimore. While they had a couple of big runs from the running back position they were never able to establish a consistent threat in the traditional run game and that is the overlooked core component of their offense, but even more so Marcus Peters' absence really hurts. Tavon Young struggled mightily last night and that is without mentioning the receiver injuries;

- I thought Greg Roman called a strange game. It took until the third quarter for him to get to any sort of play action / RPO component and the first half was way too much Lamar Jackson in the shotgun and conventional dropback - which the world and his wife knows is not his game;

- The Raiders are a really, nearly team. I saw a lot of predictions in pre-season of them really sucking, but I don't expect them to. I think they will hover either side of .500 again. They have some really nice players but then some bizarre holes and what I would class as self imposed limitations;

- Which brings me to Derek Carr and their passing game. Until the final minute of regular time their fullback had double the catches of their two starting outside receivers - Edwards and Ruggs. It isn't that those guys are not talented, they are.... but whether it is from Gruden or Carr they are obsessed with playing this almost New England style small ball where they throw to tight ends and backs all the time. Only when they were desperate and the game was on the line did they take chances to their wideouts - and it worked. They need to trust them earlier in games and this offense could really become a powerhouse;

- The announcers continually praising the Raiders huge legged punter for outkicking his coverage really got my goat all night long. Duvenay was really close to breaking a couple of those. I predict at least one pun t return touchdown against Vegas this season. At LEAST one. 

- Darren Waller and Josh Jacobs dug me out of a couple of fantasy holes so all is good :) 

Hunter Renfrow!

That game was crazy but it was nice to see a bunch of former Bills making plays.

Watkins had some big catches for the Ravens, Zay Jones of all people with a game winning TD and Quinten Jefferson had the first big turnover on Lamar that changed momentum for the Raiders in the 2nd half.

I'm going to be very interested to see what the Raiders do this week against the Steelers.