MNF: Ravens at Raiders 8:15 ESPN

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I don’t disagree with you, but this is year #4. How much longer is it going to take for him to consistently hit the deep ball? It’s fair to ask at this point. Similar to how he comes out to amped up at the beginning of games, he has to settle down and stick the throw. 

Agree with all that.  Certainly a fair critique of Allen. 

Reasons for optimism:

He’s shown that when he works on something, it improves.  

He’s shown that even without a reliable deep ball, he can dominate. 

Allen was as raw as it gets as a prospect out of college.. If/when it clicks, he’ll be unstoppable.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Agree with all that.  Certainly a fair critique of Allen. 

Reasons for optimism:

He’s shown that when he works on something, it improves.  

He’s shown that even without a reliable deep ball, he can dominate. 

Allen was as raw as it gets as a prospect out of college.. If/when it clicks, he’ll be unstoppable.  

Completely agree. If there is one guy who will work at it, it’s Allen. To me, other than coming out a little too amped sometimes, it’s the last remaining weakness in his game. If he can hit more of those deep balls on a consistent basis like he hit Diggs on the deep sideline route against Denver last year (perfect throw), then look out. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Completely agree. If there is one guy who will work at it, it’s Allen. To me, other than coming out a little too amped sometimes, it’s the last remaining weakness in his game. If he can hit more of those deep balls on a consistent basis like he hit Diggs on the deep sideline route against Denver last year (perfect throw), then look out. 

also needs to take whats there more.hit the open guy

4 minutes ago, balln said:

also needs to take whats there more.hit the open guy

He does, but you have to admit he made marked improvement in that area in 2020. Did not do a great job of that yesterday, so a bit of a regression there. I think he’ll get that sorted out. Yesterday was just a mess all around for the offense. 

Edited by TheProcess