How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after squeaking into the playoffs?

How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?

• Fulfilled/peaceful on my deathbed
    • Still craving two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl
    • Other (please explain)
    • Shut up, Giuseppe; this is obviously just another "Josh Allen sucks in front of home fans" thread disguised as something else.

This is ridiculous obviously nobody is going to be unhappy with it so this is probably just fishing for something hin a trollish way. But since we are here, I will lay out a counter offer as I had randomly thought of this the other dayā€¦..

lets say (god forbid) Josh Allen got hurt šŸ˜¬ And somehow we won a super bowl playing really good defense and with Mitch Trubitsky. Very similar to the way it happened with Philly. Is there anyway fans would turn on Josh next year and want to roll with Mitch, just because he would then be the only Bills QB to bring a super bowl to Buffalo?

Ā 

again, nothing here is anything I am asking forā€¦nothing I think can or will happen. Josh Allen is my favorite player. No way is this a shot at him. Iā€™m just offering a counter to the OP. Along the same lines as the question of can a Championship bringing out an unexpected fan reaction?

On 9/13/2021 at 4:57 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

2005 Steelers. 2007 Giants. 2011 Giants. 2020 Buccaneers.

Ā 

In the past 16 seasons, four teams (that's 1/4 or 25% for you math nerds, haha) have won the Super Bowl as a road Wild Card team (and/or after barely squeaking into the playoffs). The '05 Steelers, '07 Giants, and '20 Bucs all won three games on the road en route to the Super Bowl. (The '11 Giants hosted their Wild Card game after coming away with a someone-had-to-win-it division title at 9-7, but had to win on the road thereafter.)

Ā 

Ultimately, maybe this is how the Bills will win a Super Bowl one of these years. After all, over the past 16 years, there's a 25% chance that the winner will take this route.

Ā 

If the Bills do take the "us against the world"/underdog mentality and ride it to a Super Bowl win when no one is expecting it (which I think suits this team's DNA very well, by the way), would you still crave a season where they do get homefield advantage, win two games at home, and then win the Lombardi, or would you be satisfied by the out-of-nowhere win?

Ā 

I would love it, then want to win another!!

I just donā€™t want to see them beat themselvesā€¦.

Ā 

Last week between the poor OL play, Dabolls play calling, blocked punt and a few big penaltiesā€¦.. Bills beat themselves!!!! Ā Bills are a better team thevthe Steelers. Steelers are a solid team, I just think the Bills are a better team all around.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:09 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Ā 

I will add that I will not be lamenting whether the Bills won or did not win a SB on my death bed. Ā  Ā I know those people are out there but it's less people than those people think. Ā 

Interesting. I tend to agree.Ā 

Ā 

Don't get me wrong, I will be beyond thrilled if they win a title, but losses don't seem to rip me apart like they used to. I'm almost sure that the main reason for this is that we are no longer a laughing stock of a franchise. That admittedly was getting a bit tough to take,

• Like (+1) 1