How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after squeaking into the playoffs?

How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?

• Fulfilled/peaceful on my deathbed
    • Still craving two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl
    • Other (please explain)
    • Shut up, Giuseppe; this is obviously just another "Josh Allen sucks in front of home fans" thread disguised as something else.

34 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Some people have said that they really want the two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl win, and a Super Bowl win wouldn't be the same without that. I'm not one of those people, but I was having a discussion with someone about it offline today.

Which people?  A SB win is a SB win is a SB and in fact, winning as a Wild Card would be a great accomplishment....IMHO

I could GAF if the Bills undeservedly squeaked into the playoffs and then subsequently won each of their games on the back of ticky tack calls and lucky bounces. If they won the super bowl 19-18 on a last second prayer field goal or insane trick play or whatever I would still not GAF.

I win is a win is a win. The only thing most people would remember is that the Bills won, and not how they won.

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Some people have said that they really want the two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl win, and a Super Bowl win wouldn't be the same without that. I'm not one of those people, but I was having a discussion with someone about it offline today.

You are trying out for the WGR slot after Schtup and the Bulldog, aren't you?

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

2005 Steelers. 2007 Giants. 2011 Giants. 2020 Buccaneers.

In the past 16 seasons, four teams (that's 1/4 or 25% for you math nerds, haha) have won the Super Bowl as a road Wild Card team (and/or after barely squeaking into the playoffs). The '05 Steelers, '07 Giants, and '20 Bucs all won three games on the road en route to the Super Bowl. (The '11 Giants hosted their Wild Card game after coming away with a someone-had-to-win-it division title at 9-7, but had to win on the road thereafter.)

Ultimately, maybe this is how the Bills will win a Super Bowl one of these years. After all, over the past 16 years, there's a 25% chance that the winner will take this route.

If the Bills do take the "us against the world"/underdog mentality and ride it to a Super Bowl win when no one is expecting it (which I think suits this team's DNA very well, by the way), would you still crave a season where they do get homefield advantage, win two games at home, and then win the Lombardi, or would you be satisfied by the out-of-nowhere win?

In 1996 the Jaguars got a playoff berth on the final game of the regular season against the Falcons. It happened when HOF kicker Morton Andersen missed a 30 yd. FG as time expired that would have won it sending the Jags home. But he missed the chip shot! The Jags went on a run first beating our beloved Bills in what I believe was Jim Kelly's final NFL game (not sure, but I believe so). Their run went all the way to the AFCCG where they lost to NE. 

They made it that far because a usually money player missed a chip shot. In other words, it doesn't matter how you get in. Get in and anything is possible, even a championship. 

I can't believe I wrote all that just to say, I WOULDN'T CARE HOW THEY WON THE SB, JUST WIN IT!!!!

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Common man Stop! of course everyone would not care how we won and your threads are getting tiring

If you feel compelled to start a thread, at least make it interesting and thoughtful. This was neither. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I will only accept a Super Bowl win if it comes after an undefeated season, all home playoff wins, and the Super Bowl win coming in Buffalo at the new downtown domed stadium. 

Happy now?

Bob Curran, columnist of the old Buffalo Evening News would have dubbed your reply one of his 'all time argument clinchers'.

I would abjectly reject any Super Bowl victory in which the Bills were not undefeated and had won every game by shutout.  Thus, I have mailed in it for this season and will start fresh with renewed hopes next year.  I think with some tweaks to the offensive line and the maturation of our defense ends, we have a legitimate shot at this next season.

• Haha (+1) 2