How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after squeaking into the playoffs?

How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Bills won the Super Bowl after winning three playoff games on the road?

• Fulfilled/peaceful on my deathbed
    • Still craving two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl
    • Other (please explain)
    • Shut up, Giuseppe; this is obviously just another "Josh Allen sucks in front of home fans" thread disguised as something else.

2005 Steelers. 2007 Giants. 2011 Giants. 2020 Buccaneers.

In the past 16 seasons, four teams (that's 1/4 or 25% for you math nerds, haha) have won the Super Bowl as a road Wild Card team (and/or after barely squeaking into the playoffs). The '05 Steelers, '07 Giants, and '20 Bucs all won three games on the road en route to the Super Bowl. (The '11 Giants hosted their Wild Card game after coming away with a someone-had-to-win-it division title at 9-7, but had to win on the road thereafter.)

Ultimately, maybe this is how the Bills will win a Super Bowl one of these years. After all, over the past 16 years, there's a 25% chance that the winner will take this route.

If the Bills do take the "us against the world"/underdog mentality and ride it to a Super Bowl win when no one is expecting it (which I think suits this team's DNA very well, by the way), would you still crave a season where they do get homefield advantage, win two games at home, and then win the Lombardi, or would you be satisfied by the out-of-nowhere win?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not sure what kind of response you're looking for here.  who wouldn't be happy?

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Huh?

Some people have said that they really want the two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl win, and a Super Bowl win wouldn't be the same without that. I'm not one of those people, but I was having a discussion with someone about it offline today.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Some people have said that they really want the two home playoff wins and then a Super Bowl win, and a Super Bowl win wouldn't be the same without that. I'm not one of those people, but I was having a discussion with someone about it offline today.

absolutely no one said this.  this all began because you were upset that people told you not to be so worried about crowds and josh.  the opener was a stinker, so now you're trying to drive this point into the ground...after one game.  why don't you see how this plays out a bit first?  tell you what...if this becomes a trend, i'll be the first person on here to tell you you were right.  that seems to be what your looking for.

agian, anyone that would have a problem with a super bowl win, in any way, shape or form...would be a complete #######.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, teef said:

absolutely no one said this.

This is both presumptuous and incorrect.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

so now you're trying to drive this point into the ground...

This, however, is absolutely correct. :D

5 minutes ago, teef said:

agian, anyone that would have a problem with a super bowl win, in any way, shape or form...would be a complete #######.

I don't think anyone would have a problem per se; in the back of their mind, they'd just be wishing for one of those seasons of total domination, homefield, and then a Super Bowl win. They want to enjoy one that goes through Buffalo.

1 minute ago, teef said:

Who?  Show me where this has come up.  

You're going to hate this, but sorry, I don't have records. I've definitely heard it from callers on WGR and, like I said, in personal conversation. It's not an outlandish take, I don't think. It makes some sense to me. You love the Super Bowl win, but some part of you wants one that went through Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You're going to hate this, but sorry, I don't have records. I've definitely heard it from callers on WGR and, like I said, in personal conversation. It's not an outlandish take, I don't think. It makes some sense to me. You love the Super Bowl win, but some part of you wants one that went through Buffalo.

If you are referring to this thread, you are wrong.  I am stating that the road to the SB is easier via home games…not that I want home games in order to enjoy a SB victory. 

You mean like Tampa? 

Win 3 road playoff games then beat the best team in the NFC?

That would read like we got healthy and or peaked at the right time.  

Yes I'll take that route all the same thank you very much.  

WGR is toxic low info sports radio - except for Sal.