If Allen can't fix this fumbling issue, we aren't going very far

JerseyBills

On 9/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, JerseyBills said:

I haven't seen this discussed much and feel it deserves its own thread. 

2 more fumbles yesterday! 1 turnover,  but this has plauged him threw 3 years and was expecting him to clean this up entering this year. 

Plan and simple, if Allen can't find a resolution to this issue and it continues to impact his game, I don't think we ever make it out of the AFC. 

These fumbles will cost us playoff games in the future

Josh needs to go to running back school. if i was coach, i would have him walk around with the ball in his arms all day, and if someone knocks it out, maybe do 50 pushups or something like that. of course something that would not get him tired or sore to throw the ball.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He played very mediocre yesterday and this fumbling issue will lose us games in the playoffs or big reg season gms. It was a huge play yesterday,  momentum shifter.

This needs to change... 

Big Ben also was strip sacked and lost the ball but a Steeler fell on it instead of a Bill. 

And did you watch last nights Ravens/Raiders game?  Does Jackson have a fumbling issue? Lamar lost two fumbles in the 4h quarter/OT that directly led to the Ravens losing the game.

Allen is a risk taker and as such he will be near the top of the league in fumbles.  But the net effect on the season of his risk taking will be positive because for every fumble he'll make  a number of big plays.

30 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

comes with the territory - look at Lamar Jackson last night

For some reason the Allen critics ignore Jackson's fumbles.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, JerseyBills said:

I haven't seen this discussed much and feel it deserves its own thread. 

2 more fumbles yesterday! 1 turnover,  but this has plauged him threw 3 years and was expecting him to clean this up entering this year. 

Plan and simple, if Allen can't find a resolution to this issue and it continues to impact his game, I don't think we ever make it out of the AFC. 

These fumbles will cost us playoff games in the future

Maybe he can take ball security lessons from Lamar Jackson.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Unfortunately it may not get "fixed" as much as we'd like. I mean he and coaches are fully aware and have been aware for going on 3 years that it's an issue and running plays are still called quite a bit for him. I think it may just be one of those things that sticks with him.

With that said, I don't think it's a big enough issue that keeps the team from "going far".  Sure it could happen in an crucial point in a game that could possibly be a big reason for a loss. But won't determine how far they can get in the long run

May thoughts exactly. 

1. don’t expect a change at this point three full years into his career

2. it won’t be a major problem. In other words will lead to very few losses.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe he can take ball security lessons from Lamar Jackson.

This isn't a Lamar vs Allen thing.

I know Fumbles have been an issue for Josh in his NFL career and I strongly believe these consistent fumbles will start impacting games 

On 9/13/2021 at 2:25 PM, Mango said:

There were some issues yesterday that far surpass Allen’s fumble. Like staring down receivers pre snap, not identifying the open receiver only to throw into the double

covered primary, as well as issues controlling arc and velocity on long balls.

Ill trade any of the above issues before I even think about his fumbling. 

Reading this make me feel like I’m back in 2019 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2021 at 4:24 AM, TBBills said:

Bills went very far last year.

This.

Yes, it's an issue. No, there probably isn't much they can do about it if they want him to run and extend plays, which is a lot of what makes him special.

Fewer planned runs, maybe, but not much more than that.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Someone should have told the Bills about this before they gave him that extension.

I’m sure at least 25 teams would be MORE then happy to take Josh and his contract of our hands