If Allen can't fix this fumbling issue, we aren't going very far

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Fortunately participation trophies mean nothing. 

I don't know... my Mom still has all of my participation trophies from pop warner. They mean something to her. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Fortunately participation trophies mean nothing. We failed, just like all the other teams not named TB. 

Wtf are you even talking about... He said the Bills wouldn't get far, they already proved his overreaction wrong last year by getting to the AFC Championship. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Alright, I'll go ahead and say what we're all thinking... we should have kept Tyrod Taylor. That guy throws a great deep ball and practically never fumbles. Sure, we would have to suffer through listening to him clear his throat 78 times per interview, but if he was able to lead the Texans to victory yesterday, imagine what he would do with all this talent in Buffalo? 

(disclaimer: this post is a joke)

• Like (+1) 1

Was Allen off some yesterday and feeling that Pittsburgh rush? Yes for sure!

Now -

Did EITHER team remotely complete any short OR long TOUCH PASSES with any consistency?

Did any of you see fairly common throws from both QB's go over the head of the target or even suddenly into the dirt?

If you answered No and Yes you are correct, AND isn't that odd that both QB's seemed affected equally with those?

Last question - did any of you who attended the game throw the football around in the parking lot at all, or see any who were doing so?

Just asking. There are many factors that affect each game uniquely.

To clarify - this is for the other complaints in Josh's game yesterday discussed in this thread, not regarding the fumbles! :)

Edited by 34-78-83

He has had  2 fumbles in every season opener for the last 3 years.  Maybe a direct result of having the ball in his hands so much and never being hit in preseason work.  Mindset of taking hits and protecting the ball comes with failing and then doing it over and over.  It really can't be simulated.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Now -

Did EITHER team remotely complete any short OR long TOUCH PASSES with any consistency?

Did any of you see fairly common throws from both QB's go over the head of the target or even suddenly into the dirt?

If you answered No and Yes you are correct, AND isn't that odd that both QB's seemed affected equally with those?

Last question - did any of you who attended the game throw the football around in the parking lot at all, or see any who were doing so?

So, the comparable for Josh is a way over the hill Grandpa Ben?

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I haven't seen this discussed much and feel it deserves its own thread. 

2 more fumbles yesterday! 1 turnover,  but this has plauged him threw 3 years and was expecting him to clean this up entering this year. 

Plan and simple, if Allen can't find a resolution to this issue and it continues to impact his game, I don't think we ever make it out of the AFC. 

Part of this is Dabol's insistence on calling the same stupid QB draw plays over and over. And at this point I'm more worried about Allen getting hurt than the fumbles.

But I do agree the bigger picture is Allen's alleged status ans a premier NFL QB and the turnovers have to stop in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I haven't seen this discussed much and feel it deserves its own thread. 

2 more fumbles yesterday! 1 turnover,  but this has plauged him threw 3 years and was expecting him to clean this up entering this year. 

Plan and simple, if Allen can't find a resolution to this issue and it continues to impact his game, I don't think we ever make it out of the AFC. 

This...and Daboll sucks...Beane can't draft....Mcclappy something something...no pressure from our D line......our TE's suck and have the dropsies...can't hit the deep ball...stupid playcalling...can't run the ball...

JFC.....I can't believe we didn't win the SB yesterday... 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Every player that is on offense is going to fumble at some point.

Give him the facility ball.....he needs to carry it around the facility and anyone can swipe at it at anytime

He has been fumbling pretty consistently for 3 years.

We're not going to get so lucky recovering them alot and they're going to cost us some games. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

This...and Daboll sucks...Beane can't draft....Mcclappy something something...no pressure from our D line......our TE's suck and have the dropsies...can't hit the deep ball...stupid playcalling...can't run the ball...

I'm actually good with everyone except Allen and the punt team.

They lost us this game. 

McD is great, our D looked phenomenal,  Dabol is great. So ya, wrong thread chief. 

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Now -

Those complaining about ball location on throws 20+ yards down field will not get your point.

1 minute ago, BTB said:

So, the comparable for Josh is a way over the hill Grandpa Ben?

No.  A touch pass by any QB lacks power thus any QB can throw them.  Even by the wannabes in the parking lot.  But you can't really control ball placement of a touch pass on a day with a steady ~20 mph wind therefore we saw very few in the game. I believe that was 34-78-83's point.  Ben tried 2 downfield that were of the touch variety and got a jump ball win by Claypool and a DPI call on Wallace that was severely under thrown. Neither were located well.  Josh tried ripping 6x? and only got 1 completion. Over throws to Diggs and Sanders, a nice back shoulder splitting two defenders to Davis, the flea flicker to Diggs that was a last instant PBU, 1 to Sanders hands that was not secured prior to the defensive hit.  Even the one he completed to Davis was not in a spot where Davis could get RAC yards.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So your definition of going far in the playoffs is a Super Bowl win?  The Chiefs didn’t go far in the playoffs last year?

None of it matters. I don’t care how far it went. Warning track power. It means nothing, it’s still an out. Super bowl win or bust, everything else is a failure and needs to be fixed. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

There were some issues yesterday that far surpass Allen’s fumble. Like staring down receivers pre snap, not identifying the open receiver only to throw into the double

covered primary, as well as issues controlling arc and velocity on long balls.

Ill trade any of the above issues before I even think about his fumbling. 

Can I ask why? Was he under a lot of pressure all game? Could these mistakes be caused because of an excellent front 7 that the Steelers have?  Sadly QBs can be rattled and do some mentally dumb things when this happens.

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not going far? We were one game short of the Superbowl last year.

If I wanted close I’d play horseshoes. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Can I ask why? Was he under a lot of pressure all game? Could these mistakes be caused because of an excellent front 7 that the Steelers have?  Sadly QBs can be rattled and do some mentally dumb things when this happens.

Brady and Ben get the ball out really quickly. Josh has to learn to do this when faced with a good defensive front. If not, he needs to advocate for more screens and rollouts. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Yea I am  just grateful that we have a cushion between losing 4 in a row and this years SB. 5 in a row would have been too much.

32 minutes ago, TH3 said:

.....you forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.

Josh also spilt paint on the garage floor.