New Family Member (Zeus)

qwksilver

After putting Penny down 5 months ago, I never thought we'd be ready for a new pup so soon. We adopted him 2 weeks ago. We named him Zeus. He is so affectionate, so smart, full of energy and seems to have no fear. Last week he turned 3 months, he is currently 25 lbs (up from 18lbs at adoption). The rescue stated he was an Akita mix, but most people seem to think he is a Belgian Malinois mix. He does carry his tail on his back so he's mixed with something. We are waiting on his DNA results to find out. 

Zeus.PNG

Zeus sleep.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

After putting Penny down 5 months ago, I never thought we'd be ready for a new pup so soon. We adopted him 2 weeks ago. We named him Zeus. He is so affectionate, so smart, full of energy and seems to have no fear. Last week he turned 3 months, he is currently 25 lbs (up from 18lbs at adoption). The rescue stated he was an Akita mix, but most people seem to think he is a Belgian Malinois mix. He does carry his tail on his back so he's mixed with something. We are waiting on his DNA results to find out. 

Zeus.PNG

Zeus sleep.JPG

Wow— what a beautiful dog!! Congrats! 

out where I am, there are only pit bulls at rescue shelters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Best of luck with him.  We lost Golden Retriever # 6 last October.  Wife says "no more dogs," but I'm still looking.

Thanks. Maybe time to get a new wife?😁 Keep searching, the unconditional love is so worth it.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 9/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Best of luck with him.  We lost Golden Retriever # 6 last October.  Wife says "no more dogs," but I'm still looking.

Congrats to @qwksilver! Beautiful best friend! 

Our Golden pup (#7) turned one yesterday. My wife dressed her up in full party gear, and I have to admit it was pretty hysterical! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, qwksilver said:

Zeus.PNG

Zeus sleep.JPG

Looks like he might have some German Shepherd in him too

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.