Everyone, calm down

foreboding

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It’s all about how they adjust this week.  Coaching is about preparation and adjustment.  Let’s see how they respond to Sunday’s gut check.  Remember, the first quarter of the season is about figuring out what kind of team you’ve got.

Biggest improvements are usually from game one to game two right?    Or is that just college & high school ball?

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I have said in other threads responding to people saying (cringe) "calm down". 

This is the fourth game in a row which our O has been limited. Only improvement since playoffs was in the D. 

This is not just one game. Its the fourth. In. A row. That's a fact. 

Why again should we be calm besides your expectations which are only projections? It's entirely okay to be a bit nervous until we prove that the O will come up to 2020 regular season form. 

I am nervous as well.  But realize those four in a row were against playoff teams.  Those games should be tighter, they are the best in the conference.  2 and 2 in those games.  We need to get better, we need to show better half time adjustments and win when you get the lead.  It's not time to panic but certainly take a close watch moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I have said in other threads responding to people saying (cringe) "calm down". 

This is the fourth game in a row which our O has been limited. Only improvement since playoffs was in the D. 

This is not just one game. Its the fourth. In. A row. That's a fact. 

Why again should we be calm besides your expectations which are only projections? It's entirely okay to be a bit nervous until we prove that the O will come up to 2020 regular season form. 

I think that what we’re seeing here, is we have a talented offense. But much like the Ravens, people have found out how to keep us in check. 

It’s easier said than done, you still have to have the personnel to do it, but the blueprint is out there. 

If you can manage to get a decent pass rush using four D lineman, whilst also getting away with an aggressive “sticky” D in the secondary you have a solid shot. 

I will say, it certainly seems like opposing teams are allowed to use that “sticky” d much more often and with less consequences than when we do it. Maybe they’re better at toeing that line? 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, since79 said:

I am nervous as well.  But realize those four in a row were against playoff teams.  Those games should be tighter, they are the best in the conference.  2 and 2 in those games.  We need to get better, we need to show better half time adjustments and win when you get the lead.  It's not time to panic but certainly take a close watch moving forward.

Agreed.
I also think when you are playing such talented fronts, you cannot allow the D-Line men to know their only goal is to use their best moves and get after the QB. No threat of the run is doom in the NFL. I think we will see them work harder to get the run work.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear what you are saying. It's a matter of perception. I stand by my original comment. In fact, while watching the game by myself, I said OMG he's playing like rookie. I saw him throw off his back foot numerous times, threw into double and triple coverage, lacked field vision, inaccurate on long and short throws, etc...I never felt like he was in command and playing with confidence. His body language seemed less then inspiring. I didn't see the fire, leadership, or passion. It was clear he was off and wasn't playing well. Sure the Pitt defense had a lot to do with it and its only one game. I'm expecting a better Josh this Sunday. Hoping he doesn't look like a rookie again...

The same could be said of Mahommes in last years Super Bowl or of Aron Rogers in last years blow out loss to Tampa.  These are two MVP Super Bowl winning QB's.

I would point to the 92 yard TD drive at the end of the 1st half that used up the final 6 minutes and gave the Bills a 10 - 0 lead that was a clear example of Allen NOT playing like a rookie.  We need to credit the Steelers with coming up with a brilliant defensive game plan and having the unique collection of elite defensive talent to execute it.