Everyone, calm down

foreboding

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The old injury excuse never sits well with me. Imho, the Bills didn't lose the game due to injuried WRs. They lost because KC was a significallyly better team. Frankly, it wasn't even close. If they meet again, I suspect a similar outcome. 

It's not really an excuse.  An entire unit of the offense was hurt. It's just a fact. I'm not going to be all "ssssshhhhh" about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

One thing no one talks about from that KC game:  4 key Bills receivers all had significant injuries.  Diggs had an oblique injury, Beasley had a broken leg, Davis had a bad ankle from the week before and Brown had a bad knee.

And you could see it on the field - Romo even commented the the WR's never got any separation. They showed a few long-view shots where the receivers were blanketed, which rarely happened all season.

Everyone here talked about that...over and over.

Yet none of those plays O-line.  And all were healthy yesterday.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I get the sarcasm. For many of us, it's the way we lost. Many of the same deficiencies were exposed. No need to rehash them. To boot, the bills were at home on opening day.

Imho, the whole team including the coaches deserve the criticism. It's ok to criticize right? The offense and their game plan sucked. IThe defense under preformed in the second half. We caught the Steelers offense at a great time. Inexperienced rookie RB, bad Oline, Ben the road, and new offensive coordinator. This was a game the Bills should have won. The Bills were outcoached and outplayed. It's a long season and I believe the Bills will.bounce back. The AFC is pretty weak as well. However, there is plenty to be concerned about. Glossing if over by saying the Bills weren't supposed to lose doesn't add much value. 

Of course it is ok to criticize.....have have my own and have already stated them......for.....this.....game

We have people on this board making general sweeping statements that are frankly.....just ignorant that is my problem with all of this....just a few I have heard

- McD sucks and is the weak link of this team

- Allen has reverted back his rookie form

- Deboll has always sucked

- Gabe Davis should be getting more targets then Stephon Diggs

Yes....people really said these things

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Allen wasn't very good against Indy?  What were you watching?  I thought he was the only reason we were in the game let alone won it.  Our defense got run over when we had a 2 score lead in the 4th.  

Yeah, I feel like this defense se is better suited for run stopping. I think the phins are gone get smacked next week with undersized tua.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course it is ok to criticize.....have have my own and have already stated them......for.....this.....game

We have people on this board making general sweeping statements that are frankly.....just ignorant that is my problem with all of this....just a few I have heard

Exactly. "Sky is falling" crew.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Did they actually say that or is that your interpretation? Could "they" have said or meant:

- McD sucked yesterday

- Allen did revert back to his rookie form yesterday

- Daboll did suck yesterday

- Gabe deserves more targets.

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Did they actually say that or is that your interpretation? Could "they" have said or meant:

- McD sucked yesterday

- Daboll did suck yesterday

- Gabe deserves more targets.

By sweeping statements I mean not for the game over as in for ever

I’m not twisting the words I’m stating them how they were said

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I said it all offseason - Pittsburgh in Week 1 was a scary matchup. The wheels fall off for them and Ben about halfway through the season consistently the past few years. But the first half of the season (especially the first few games) they're generally a monster. We couldn't make mistakes or be poorly coached if we expected to win and we did both. Thankfully, it's just one game. If we don't pick up the next two games then it's time to panic.

I was saying the exact same thing the weeks leading up to the matchup. People were acting like the Bills were going to destroy a 12-4 team who won their division because they got demolished in the Browns playoff game.

That defense is serious over there in Pittsburgh. Season openers are ALWAYS unpredictable, remember when the Bills beat the Pats 31-0 only to go 5-11 and lose to them later in the season? The Bills have a great chance to turn in around in the next few weeks w/ a soft schedule so hopefully they work out the kinks and get back to business.

Minus the Sanders drop and the blocked punt and we could've easily be on the other side of the W-L column. I'm not panicking at ALL. I'm just a little disappointed because it was a very winnable game.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I disagree. Against an elite defense the Allen of 2018 would have likely had less then half the yards and two or more INT's facing that level of pressure.  Allen did not play a great game but it's an exaggeration to suggest he was playing anywhere near his 2018 level.

Think back to 2018 when the Bills played an elite D in Green Bay.  Allen was 16/33 for 151 yards and 2 INT's.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, foreboding said:

Allen did not take what was available, he looked for big plays at the expense of sure, underneath patterns. He knows this, it will be corrected. I think Daboll's game plan reflected the same attitude. A bit foolish and haughty.

Oh, so you are allowed to analyze the game, but everyone else needs to calm down. Got it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree. Against an elite defense the Allen of 2018 would have likely had less then half the yards and two or more INT's facing that level of pressure.  Allen did not play a great game but it's an exaggeration to suggest he was playing anywhere near his 2018 level.

Think back to 2018 when the Bills played an elite D in Green Bay.  Allen was 16/33 for 151 yards and 2 INT's.

I hear what you are saying. It's a matter of perception. I stand by my original comment. In fact, while watching the game by myself, I said OMG he's playing like rookie. I saw him throw off his back foot numerous times, threw into double and triple coverage, lacked field vision, inaccurate on long and short throws, etc...I never felt like he was in command and playing with confidence. His body language seemed less then inspiring. I didn't see the fire, leadership, or passion. It was clear he was off and wasn't playing well. Sure the Pitt defense had a lot to do with it and its only one game. I'm expecting a better Josh this Sunday. Hoping he doesn't look like a rookie again...

Maybe it’s because I’m in my early 60’s now, and maybe the 20 years of sucking had an effect on me, but I no longer get upset when they lose, or proclaim SB when they win a game.  In fact, when the Steelers blocked the punt, my first reaction…”Billsy”, then I chuckled and shook my head.  

That being said, I still watch them every week, and wait patiently for “just one in my lifetime”.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BTB said:

Maybe it’s because I’m in my early 60’s now, and maybe the 20 years of sucking had an effect on me, but I no longer get upset when they lose, or proclaim SB when they win a game.  In fact, when the Steelers blocked the punt, my first reaction…”Billsy”, then I chuckled and shook my head.  

That being said, I still watch them every week, and wait patiently for “just one in my lifetime”.  

So basically, watching the Bills all your life has beaten the emotion out of you.😄

It's kinda like getting used to the wife's bitching over a lifetime of marriage.   You just get numb to it, waiting for your opportunity to put that pillow over her face while......😄

The one good thing coming out of this loss is that perhaps the kids sitting around me in the stands will stop chanting MVP for Josh Allen for a few more games.    Hasn't even won a regular season game yet and people were already chanting MVP.    Gee, I wonder why a 25 year old quarterback would feel so much pressure in a home game.

Wish I was as stoic as you about the losses, but every year I get a little better at it. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, foreboding said:

The sky is not falling, our players do not all of a sudden suck.

Bills will now step back and be the underdog for a few weeks, this is not a bad thing. A good dose of humility will inspire these guys to work their collective tails off.

I have said in other threads responding to people saying (cringe) "calm down". 

This is the fourth game in a row which our O has been limited. Only improvement since playoffs was in the D. 

This is not just one game. Its the fourth. In. A row. That's a fact. 

Why again should we be calm besides your expectations which are only projections? It's entirely okay to be a bit nervous until we prove that the O will come up to 2020 regular season form.