Everyone, calm down

foreboding

9 minutes ago, Success said:

One thing no one talks about from that KC game:  4 key Bills receivers all had significant injuries.  Diggs had an oblique injury, Beasley had a broken leg, Davis had a bad ankle from the week before and Brown had a bad knee.

And you could see it on the field - Romo even commented the the WR's never got any separation. They showed a few long-view shots where the receivers were blanketed, which rarely happened all season.

Allen was running for his life. That had nothing to do with the wr. We couldn't run the ball. We couldn't stop them. Nothing to do with Wr

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Allen was running for his life. That had nothing to do with the wr. We couldn't run the ball. We couldn't stop them. Nothing to do with Wr

I mean, I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

When no receivers are open, of course a QB is going to have to scramble more.  That changed the whole game.  

8 minutes ago, Success said:

When no receivers are open, of course a QB is going to have to scramble more.  That changed the whole game.  

There were open guys, they just were not 30 yards downfield where Allen and Daboll wanted to go.

2 hours ago, Fallsnative01 said:

Thank you Foreboding for saying this, I needed to be reminded its only one game AND WE TOTALLY GOT HANDLED AT OUR STADIUM, IN THE SEASON OPENER AGAINST A DIVISION OPPONENT! I'm sorry, I might be over-reacting to the fact THAT OUR COACHING STAFF KEPT TALKING ABOUT KEEPING THE HYPE DOWN AND NOT TO BE READING THE PRESS CLIPINGS ABOUT HOW THE BILLS ARE ELITE AND SUPPOSED TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL AND THATS WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY WHEN THE BILLS TOOK A DUMP AT HOME! Sorry, I keep getting upset about the loss. I am calmed down....for now. 

Foreboding premise is not correct. I don't think anyone is saying the sky is falling or panicking. It's called constructive criticism which often here isn't warranted. 

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

no one is panicking.  I think some are wondering how we are a "better" team this year (what is needed to remain competitive in the NFL), when we did nothing with our suspect OL, or CB2 in the offseason, besides draft a few players later in the draft.  Hopefully there is some in-season adjustment that can be made to the OL.  The "it was the Steelers" is not much comfort when: (a) KC destroyed our OL, and (b) there are other great defenses in the NFL waiting to feast on this OL.  In terms of Wallace, I'm generally a fan, but he has terrible games like yesterday from time to time.  I think we need a more reliable game in and game out CB2.  Again, not panicking, but discussing.  

Very good post.

55 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s much different this time. We allocated most of our allotted cap to a perceived top 5 QB. Which means if Allen doesn’t show up or if coaching is truly handicapping him, then it will be difficult for us to bring in enough elite talent to maintain super bowl contenders. I think Allen is elite, but something seems amiss vs elite teams. 

Elite players shine vs elite opposition. 

• Agree 1

It’s only game one, it will serve as a wake up call to our team, imo Poor execution accompanied by some questionable play calls on top of an offense that was rusty and out of sync for in game situations is what brought this about, as well hardly any preseason game reps didn’t do us any favors, live and learn to fight another day. 

Oh, and you BD, learn to integrate the run game properly, 

Go Bills!!!

48 minutes ago, Success said:

The wr had 1.5 seconds to get open. You are focusing on the wrong deficiency. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Didn’t you hear we’re not supposed to lose any games this year

I get the sarcasm. For many of us, it's the way we lost. Many of the same deficiencies were exposed. No need to rehash them. To boot, the bills were at home on opening day.

Imho, the whole team including the coaches deserve the criticism. It's ok to criticize right? The offense and their game plan sucked. IThe defense under preformed in the second half. We caught the Steelers offense at a great time. Inexperienced rookie RB, bad Oline, Ben the road, and new offensive coordinator. This was a game the Bills should have won. The Bills were outcoached and outplayed. It's a long season and I believe the Bills will.bounce back. The AFC is pretty weak as well. However, there is plenty to be concerned about. Glossing if over by saying the Bills weren't supposed to lose doesn't add much value. 

• Agree 1

If you're a longtime follower of this message board, and I imagine any other board, you'll see "we were exposed" and "everyone, calm down" posts after every bad loss following hype.

We win if:

That punt hadn't been blocked 

And ...

Josh connects with Emmanuel Sanders

You can also say the same in reverse about any close win, of which we had plenty last year. 

But does anyone believe last year was hype? It wasn't. Our biggest problem last year was D line, which performed yesterday. Our team got better. 

Yesterday, Allen was off, Daboll for whatever reason didn't call enough runs, our line was pushed around a bit by a very good defense, and the Steelers benefited from a bad holding call or two. 

Willing to bet money they rebound next week with a more diverse attack. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

The old injury excuse never sits well with me. Imho, the Bills didn't lose the game due to injuried WRs. They lost because KC was a significallyly better team. Frankly, it wasn't even close. If they meet again, I suspect a similar outcome. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I get the sarcasm. For many of us, it's the way we lost. Many of the same deficiencies were exposed. No need to rehash them. To boot, the bills were at home on opening day.

Imho, the whole team including the coaches deserve the criticism. It's ok to criticize right? The offense and their game plan sucked. IThe defense under preformed in the second half. We caught the Steelers offense at a great time. Inexperienced rookie RB, bad Oline, Ben the road, and new offensive coordinator. This was a game the Bills should have won. The Bills were outcoached and outplayed. It's a long season and I believe the Bills will.bounce back. The AFC is pretty weak as well. However, there is plenty to be concerned about. Glossing if over by saying the Bills weren't supposed to lose doesn't add much value. 

you've also made some absurd comments.  the bills were exposed in the playoffs last year even though they were a game away from the super bowl?  the bills can only beat average teams and not playoff contenders?  if you're going to be critical, at least be intelligent about it.  people are far too emotional about this loss.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

If you're a longtime follower of this message board, and I imagine any other board, you'll see "we were exposed" and "everyone, calm down" posts after every bad loss following hype.

We win if:

That punt hadn't been blocked 

And ...

Josh connects with Emmanuel Sanders

You can also say the same in reverse about any close win, of which we had plenty last year. 

But does anyone believe last year was hype? It wasn't. Our biggest problem last year was D line, which performed yesterday. Our team got better. 

Yesterday, Allen was off, Daboll for whatever reason didn't call enough runs, our line was pushed around a bit by a very good defense, and the Steelers benefited from a bad holding call or two. 

Willing to bet money they rebound next week with a more diverse attack. 

Hope you are right. I remain skeptical that we are a better team. Especially after yesterday. I have some concerns about whether Allen can duplicate or better his phenomenonal last year's performance.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

you've also made some absurd comments.  the bills were exposed in the playoffs last year even though they were a game away from the super bowl?  the bills can only beat average teams and not playoff contenders?  if you're going to be critical, at least be intelligent about it.  people are far too emotional about this loss.

Your taking what I said out of context. I'll just leave it at that.