Everyone, calm down

foreboding

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

The sky is not falling, our players do not all of a sudden suck.

This was clearly a case of a team that expected to come out and dominate. Thankfully we did not "dominate" quite as bad as Green Bay did yesterday.

Allen did not take what was available, he looked for big plays at the expense of sure, underneath patterns. He knows this, it will be corrected. I think Daboll's game plan reflected the same attitude. A bit foolish and haughty.

Our defensive line showed some real promise and did a very good job against the run.

This loss might have been exactly what this team needs. A reminder that last year DOES NOT matter, they still have to prepare, stay humble, and execute. No one will give them the win because they are media favorites.

Bills will now step back and be the underdog for a few weeks, this is not a bad thing. A good dose of humility will inspire these guys to work their collective tails off.

Thank you Foreboding for saying this, I needed to be reminded its only one game AND WE TOTALLY GOT HANDLED AT OUR STADIUM, IN THE SEASON OPENER AGAINST A DIVISION OPPONENT! I'm sorry, I might be over-reacting to the fact THAT OUR COACHING STAFF KEPT TALKING ABOUT KEEPING THE HYPE DOWN AND NOT TO BE READING THE PRESS CLIPINGS ABOUT HOW THE BILLS ARE ELITE AND SUPPOSED TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL AND THATS WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY WHEN THE BILLS TOOK A DUMP AT HOME! Sorry, I keep getting upset about the loss. I am calmed down....for now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm calm about it.  The Bills laid an egg, but will likely be fine.  I'm not sure they have a Super Bowl winning OL, but they have a contending team and will win a lot of games again this year.  I am most despondent because my brother-in-law, who I do not like, is a big Steelers fan.  Same for a former employee of mine whose departure from the job was not the most amicable.  I hate for them to have the satisfaction.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Fallsnative01 said:

Thank you Foreboding for saying this, I needed to be reminded its only one game AND WE TOTALLY GOT HANDLED AT OUR STADIUM, IN THE SEASON OPENER AGAINST A DIVISION OPPONENT! I'm sorry, I might be over-reacting to the fact THAT OUR COACHING STAFF KEPT TALKING ABOUT KEEPING THE HYPE DOWN AND NOT TO BE READING THE PRESS CLIPINGS ABOUT HOW THE BILLS ARE ELITE AND SUPPOSED TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL AND THATS WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED YESTERDAY WHEN THE BILLS TOOK A DUMP AT HOME! Sorry, I keep getting upset about the loss. I am calmed down....for now. 

First let me say Hi to another Colorado Springs Bills fan.

Your post inspires me to comment but it's not necessarily directed to you.

We are just fans of our Buffalo Bills football team.  WE don't play the games and I certainly can not.  Most of this board couldn't even pass the physical.

This Super Bowl/Elite Team hype is something I continuously have to temper with reality.  Winning it all in the NFL is not an easy accomplishment.

(Please spare the "winning is hard" comments from our previous inept HC).  These men who we cheer for know better than us what it takes but

they are still human.  They are not avatars in a computer game.  They know the stakes and the resolve of their opponents better than us.

It's a "one game at a time" league and the only immediate goal is to win enough games to "get" to the playoffs.  Personally that goal is all I 

hope for right now.  Once that is accomplished the seeding is the next main concern.  After that anything can happen in the playoffs.

I find it amusing that some members on this board (a lot of them the biggest critics of the team) have twisted the scenario from appreciating the

teams accomplishments of last season into this "win it all right now or you suck" attitude.  I refuse to follow that mindset.  I will from time to time

continue to voice my thoughts about the team and their play but I have to keep reminding myself when it comes down to it I know nothings

compared the the men (and women) that make up this team.  In the end I root for my hometown team.

IMO FWIW.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BTB said:

I don't see how the Bills get over the hump with the same mediocre OL they had last season.  Yeah, Allen might cover up a lot of their deficiencies for many games, and they may actually look good against lesser defenses, but when you get down to the nitty gritty of the playoffs, the problems will be magnified.

I agree. The Bills were exposed in the playoffs. The offense was barely serviceable in the playoffs. The Bills were fortunate to win vs Indy. Allen wasn't very good that game. The defense won the game vs Balt. KC just ripped us a new one. I see this current team beating mediocre to average teams but struggling against solid playoff contenders. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. The Bills were exposed in the playoffs. The offense was barely serviceable in the playoffs. The Bills were fortunate to win vs Indy. Allen wasn't very good that game. The defense won the game vs Balt. KC just ripped us a new one. I see this current team beating mediocre to average teams but struggling against solid playoff contenders. 

Allen wasn't very good against Indy?  What were you watching?  I thought he was the only reason we were in the game let alone won it.  Our defense got run over when we had a 2 score lead in the 4th.  

• Agree 1

no one is panicking.  I think some are wondering how we are a "better" team this year (what is needed to remain competitive in the NFL), when we did nothing with our suspect OL, or CB2 in the offseason, besides draft a few players later in the draft.  Hopefully there is some in-season adjustment that can be made to the OL.  The "it was the Steelers" is not much comfort when: (a) KC destroyed our OL, and (b) there are other great defenses in the NFL waiting to feast on this OL.  In terms of Wallace, I'm generally a fan, but he has terrible games like yesterday from time to time.  I think we need a more reliable game in and game out CB2.  Again, not panicking, but discussing.  

• Like (+1) 2

I said it all offseason - Pittsburgh in Week 1 was a scary matchup. The wheels fall off for them and Ben about halfway through the season consistently the past few years. But the first half of the season (especially the first few games) they're generally a monster. We couldn't make mistakes or be poorly coached if we expected to win and we did both. Thankfully, it's just one game. If we don't pick up the next two games then it's time to panic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t see anyone talking about some of the EXCELLENT pass defenses against perfect JA passes, including one for a TD.

Our D was improved and did a good job against N Harris. 
    I agree with the sentiment that it’s sometimes good to get these wake ups, which it clearly looked like we needed.

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One thing no one talks about from that KC game:  4 key Bills receivers all had significant injuries.  Diggs had an oblique injury, Beasley had a broken leg, Davis had a bad ankle from the week before and Brown had a bad knee.

And you could see it on the field - Romo even commented the the WR's never got any separation. They showed a few long-view shots where the receivers were blanketed, which rarely happened all season.

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

what?  the bills went to the afc championship game and were one of the 4 teams left standing in the nfl.  this post is just wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Disappointing losses and not meeting expectations was the routine of the drought and didnt cause us to hyperventilate.  We should do what we always used to do.  Drink heavily.

It’s much different this time. We allocated most of our allotted cap to a perceived top 5 QB. Which means if Allen doesn’t show up or if coaching is truly handicapping him, then it will be difficult for us to bring in enough elite talent to maintain super bowl contenders. I think Allen is elite, but something seems amiss vs elite teams.