Everyone, calm down

foreboding

The sky is not falling, our players do not all of a sudden suck.

This was clearly a case of a team that expected to come out and dominate. Thankfully we did not "dominate" quite as bad as Green Bay did yesterday.

Allen did not take what was available, he looked for big plays at the expense of sure, underneath patterns. He knows this, it will be corrected. I think Daboll's game plan reflected the same attitude. A bit foolish and haughty.

Our defensive line showed some real promise and did a very good job against the run.

This loss might have been exactly what this team needs. A reminder that last year DOES NOT matter, they still have to prepare, stay humble, and execute. No one will give them the win because they are media favorites.

Bills will now step back and be the underdog for a few weeks, this is not a bad thing. A good dose of humility will inspire these guys to work their collective tails off.

• Like (+1) 23
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The label is "fanatics" for a reason.

If fans what to get high and low week to week, more power to em.

As long as the team stays consistent. Their pressers seem to indicate their heads are in the right place. 👍

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, foreboding said:

The sky is not falling, our players do not all of a sudden suck.

This was clearly a case of a team that expected to come out and dominate. Thankfully we did not "dominate" quite as bad as Green Bay did yesterday.

Allen did not take what was available, he looked for big plays at the expense of sure, underneath patterns. He knows this, it will be corrected. I think Daboll's game plan reflected the same attitude. A bit foolish and haughty.

Our defensive line showed some real promise and did a very good job against the run.

This loss might have been exactly what this team needs. A reminder that last year DOES NOT matter, they still have to prepare, stay humble, and execute. No one will give them the win because they are media favorites.

Bills will now step back and be the underdog for a few weeks, this is not a bad thing. A good dose of humility will inspire these guys to work their collective tails off.

Haha… I don’t have anything against what you said here. I agree with some of it, albeit a tad dramatic. I do find some irony in this thread coming from a poster named “foreboding.”

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Pittsburgh might have the #1 front 7 in the NFL. Our defense played well. I think Josh and Daboll got caught up a little in all the preseason hype and it reflected yesterday in playcalling and execution. Our OL across the board is just "decent" but hardly elite or top 10. They will struggle on plays. It won't get easier as our next 2 games are against top 10 defenses. I'm not going to panic about this game but the OL is very concerning. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The Bills will make the playoffs. A bye was always going to be challenging. It's still possible of course, but I'm not counting on it.  

Pittsburgh was always going to be a tough game.  That team will be in the mix at the end.

All good here.  Allen's MVP candidacy took a hit, but I have no worries about his play or any kind of regression.  Just a bad day.

• Agree 1

I don't see anyone here is saying we can't get better or will miss the playoffs.

I think the board is relatively calm given nobody, and I mean NOBODY, ever thought the Offense could look that bad.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't see how the Bills get over the hump with the same mediocre OL they had last season.  Yeah, Allen might cover up a lot of their deficiencies for many games, and they may actually look good against lesser defenses, but when you get down to the nitty gritty of the playoffs, the problems will be magnified.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

Ok, Aaron Rodgers. Joking aside, you’re absolutely correct. It’s also not crazy to be a little disappointed. I’m not ready to consider the Steelers a contender, and we got schooled in a way that looked similar to previous losses. It was a slightly concerning loss because of that imo, but we have all season to fix some of those issues. The ultimate goal is still in sight, but it’s clear some work needs to be done. 

• Like (+1) 2