I was actually the reason they lost the game

On 9/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Can’t you raise kids right? We are contacting children’s welfare now. Be prepared for hard labor in Siberia for your failures.

He was scolded!

On 9/13/2021 at 10:53 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The blocked punt is my fault.  I came in just at kickoff from hiking/working in the garden in near-90 degree weather.  All through the rather dull first half, I was peeling rolls of black sweat/dirt/insect repellent.  Speaking of repellent, it certainly was.

So partway into halftime I took a shower. 

I left the room to a 10-zip lead and came back to a 20-10 thrashing.

Henceforth I shall take my fan duties more seriously.  I shed black skin rolls as need be like an inebriated reptile undergoing ecdysis and ignore all disparagement of my hygiene habits. 

Moulting onto the upholstry is the least I can do for our guys.  As long as I still have beer.

Dude how long do you take to shower?  And what the hell were you doing in there?

I am to blame.

When I woke up Sunday morning, the first shirt I put on was my favorite AC/DC Back in Black shirt. That is obviously black, and to top it off, I had some black sweatpants on that I had spilled mustered on, giving it a yellow streak along the side. The moment I looked at myself in the mirror, I knew we were doomed. I quickly changed into my favorite Bills sweater and blue pants, but I knew it was too late.

Sorry folks, opening day jitters for me too.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Sgt. Ski said:

Freddie was the best blocker on the team!!

Yup. And there was many a game he carried on his back... 

He is - without a doubt - my favorite Bill of the Lost Years...

But you have to admit - the overall teams of that era? 🤮

Good news, though! My delayed Allen jersey arrived today - so I no longer will tempt fate with a jersey that may retain the bad juju of the dark times!

Edited by LongTermBuffalonian

On 9/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bills are up and in control. On the play where they called back the White interception, I dripped sauce from a wing onto my pure white Josh Allen jersey. 

Needless to say, the game went downhill from there. The symbolism of the stain on the white Allen jersey could not have been more obvious. Even worse, it was Buffalo-style sauce. Need I say more.

So, I just wanted to apologize to everyone and note that I will try harder next week. 

The question is, did you get the stain out? You may have to make a Tide cold call to Stone Cold and Ice T before the Miami game, bro!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

My norm for every game is I sit by myself in my basement with the Package on and watch the game.  All alone because I scream so loud my wife refuses to be in the same room.  I have a Tasker, Kelly, and an Allen jersey; always start the season with Tasker and change the next week if they lose.  When I do this they hardly ever lose.  If I have to be gone I record, make sure I don’t hear anything about the game all day, then treat it like it’s a live game when I watch the recording.  And their record when I do that is also excellent.

Last Sunday I had to travel and stopped on my way to take my daughter to her local Bills Backers bar, which she had not visited yet.  Nice folks, good time, Labatts on tap.  But there is no question they lost because I broke my routine.  I’m back in the basement Sunday wearing the Kelly.  I’m sure we’ll squish the Fish.

Sorry for messing things up last Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I caused the loss. Every night before the game, I eat something related to the team we are playing. For the Steelers I usually go with a Pittsburgh style steak, I was in Buffalo, buddy brought me to Duff’s, so it's my fault. I will redeem myself by having a squish the fish taco this week

On 9/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bills are up and in control. On the play where they called back the White interception, I dripped sauce from a wing onto my pure white Josh Allen jersey. 

Needless to say, the game went downhill from there. The symbolism of the stain on the white Allen jersey could not have been more obvious. Even worse, it was Buffalo-style sauce. Need I say more.

So, I just wanted to apologize to everyone and note that I will try harder next week. 

skip the sauce during games
Learned that decades ago. hope you adjust your game day accordingly.
apology accepted :)

23 hours ago, OldNMBillsFan said:

I am to blame.

When I woke up Sunday morning, the first shirt I put on was my favorite AC/DC Back in Black shirt. That is obviously black, and to top it off, I had some black sweatpants on that I had spilled mustered on, giving it a yellow streak along the side. The moment I looked at myself in the mirror, I knew we were doomed. I quickly changed into my favorite Bills sweater and blue pants, but I knew it was too late.

Sorry folks, opening day jitters for me too.

How many game day mistakes can we have and expect to win ?
worse than the holding calls.

lets tighten up People

On 9/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

skip the sauce during games
Learned that decades ago. hope you adjust your game day accordingly.
apology accepted :)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:28 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Nope my son lost it.  He is at college pre-season cross country practices and left his Bills lucky t-shirt in the laundry.  Blame him.  

Have you adjusted the will accordingly?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sorry guys, it was actually my daughter's fault.

I bought her a custom jersey the year we broke the drought.  She wears it to bed before every game.

When I woke her up the morning of the Pittsburgh game, the first thing I noticed was that she was wearing my wife's old (and cursed) Bryce Paup jersey!  Damn it!

(To clarify, the jersey is cursed but not because of Paup.  He was awesome.)

Edited by Bad Things
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I knew going with the Josh Allen T-shirt instead of actual jersey was asking for trouble, but I figured we were still a lock despite my wardrobe choices. Miami won’t know what hit em after all of us correct our week 1 snafus…

My son and DIL both wore Josh jersey’s. Sometime shortly after sun up, my son winds up as the first to spin the wheel of fortune at the Dick’s Sporting Goods truck on the edge of Hammers Lot. I don’t know if it was a carnival trick to fire people up, but his first spin won him a white Diggs jersey. I won a hat, then the wife won a folding table. Lots of goodies being passed out. 

Oh, and I had a tee shirt fired directly at me which I caught with amazing dexterity, despite knocking over some old ladies who tried to reach in. My wife has forgiven me, but I still need to send a card and flowers to the lady on the other side. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I feel like I committed multiple "fouls" for this game.

A.  Wore my blue bills shirt instead of my white (knowing full well they were wearing white).

B.  Went to not 1, but 2 gatherings during the game (were winning while at the first one but part of the group cancelled so I decided to leave), when I normally sit home and watch in solitude.

C.  Made buffalo chicken dip when I normally just make wings

My penance is 12 "Hail Mary's" (we could probably use some more honestly) and 6 "Our Fathers".

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

My son and DIL both wore Josh jersey’s. Sometime shortly after sun up, my son winds up as the first to spin the wheel of fortune at the Dick’s Sporting Goods truck on the edge of Hammers Lot. I don’t know if it was a carnival trick to fire people up, but his first spin won him a white Diggs jersey. I won a hat, then the wife won a folding table. Lots of goodies being passed out. 

Oh, and I had a tee shirt fired directly at me which I caught with amazing dexterity, despite knocking over some old ladies who tried to reach in. My wife has forgiven me, but I still need to send a card and flowers to the lady on the other side. 

That’s just veteran leadership right there, way to block out and give your QB a solid target! :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I feel like I committed multiple "fouls" for this game.

A.  Wore my blue bills shirt instead of my white (knowing full well they were wearing white).

B.  Went to not 1, but 2 gatherings during the game (were winning while at the first one but part of the group cancelled so I decided to leave), when I normally sit home and watch in solitude.

C.  Made buffalo chicken dip when I normally just make wings

My penance is 12 "Hail Mary's" (we could probably use some more honestly) and 6 "Our Fathers".

i normally watch in solitude too, but didn’t. Going back to my miserable lonely watching experience this week. 

• Agree 1