I was actually the reason they lost the game

It was my fault.  I was supposed to fly back home to upstate NY from DC on Sunday morning but the flight was cancelled at the last minute with no other flights until late at night, so rented a car one way and drove home in 6 hours getting updates on my phone the whole way - not the safest thing to do I might add.  But more importantly I wasn't there to fly my Bills flag from the front porch (which I do EVERY game day).

So sorry, this one's on me.  I won't let it happen again!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Thank you for owning up & taking responsibility like a man. 

Eat one bowl of decades-expired Flutie Flakes & watch 3 x Music City "Miracle" replays as penance. 

Would Josh's Jaqs and a replay of the Houston pitch to Knox do as well?

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

LOL I bought it at a thrift store for $5 earlier this summer.  I can probably makes at least 10 times that amount, as it’s in great condition and vintage sports stuff is always collectible 

Well don't hold out for the highest price, get that Jonah the hell out of there pronto!

30 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Well, this has turned into a confession thread.

Clearly the fans were stuck in preseason form here as well.  We ALL need to step up our games and stop making the silly mistakes that fans make that clearly cost the team on the field.  C'mon guys - get with it!!!!  😉

• Like (+1) 1

I have to take partial responsibility. I left the room to get a jump on the commercial break and completely missed the blocked punt td. For some reason I thought they would be okay without my calm focus and intensity for one play, a punt.

I am definitely not taking any responsibility for the play calling, Allen's terrible game, or the lack of talent on the offensive line.

Edited by Turk71
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wore my “Won Not Done” tshirt from the playoffs last year which was a departure from my home opener tradition of one of the west coast Bills Backers tshirts I’ve picked up in my travels. I knew I shoulda went with LA. I blew it. Sorry guys. 

• Agree 1

I contributed to the loss.  I typically go in Gate 2 but decided to use Gate 3 instead since it was closer.  

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Thank you for owning up & taking responsibility like a man. 

Eat one bowl of decades-expired Flutie Flakes & watch 3 x Music City "Miracle" replays as penance. 

I have four unopened boxes of Flutie Flakes if it will help break the curse. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bills are up and in control. On the play where they called back the White interception, I dripped sauce from a wing onto my pure white Josh Allen jersey. 

Needless to say, the game went downhill from there. The symbolism of the stain on the white Allen jersey could not have been more obvious. Even worse, it was Buffalo-style sauce. Need I say more.

So, I just wanted to apologize to everyone and note that I will try harder next week. 

Can’t you catch a fly by now with you’re chopsticks?  Loser San.  I think we’ll survive brother.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bills are up and in control. On the play where they called back the White interception, I dripped sauce from a wing onto my pure white Josh Allen jersey. 

Needless to say, the game went downhill from there. The symbolism of the stain on the white Allen jersey could not have been more obvious. Even worse, it was Buffalo-style sauce. Need I say more.

So, I just wanted to apologize to everyone and note that I will try harder next week. 

Stop eating wings. Problem solved. 

Forgive Father, for I have sinned.

I didn’t bother digging deep enough in my Jersey drawer and settled on Fitzpatrick. I’d worn it for few hours early Sunday, but it just wasn’t right, so I went back and dug up my Chandler81. 

But the damage was done. We lost and Fitzy went to IR..

This one’s on me, @Miyagi-Do Karate

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, Bangarang said:

OP doesn’t want us to know he dips his wings in ranch

oh the blasphemy!!!

On 9/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, LongTermBuffalonian said:

Eh, It could've been me...

I have an old Fred Jackson jersey that I wore for years, during the "bad times".  Sadly - I kinda outgrew it so it was in storage for a while.

This last year - I lost some weight and I realized it would fit again...

I was working for the first part of the game, so I wasn't wearing any Bills apparel.

As soon as I could (right around the time we were up 10-0, as a matter of fact) - I pulled out that jersey and pulled it on to settle in and watch the rest of the game.

TBH - I think the jersey still has the baggage/stink/karma  of the "bad old days" attached... The team went very "Bills"y at that point...

As soon as the blocked punt occured - I realized it was my fault and took off the jersey - but it was too little, too late. We scored, but not enough...

~~~~

On the good news side - I *do* have a new Allen Jersey arriving this week, so the Jackson jersey is going to be retired to the back of the closet.... 

Freddie was the best blocker on the team!!

How did I miss this thread? It was CLEARLY my fault, folks. I am so sorry. While I was at the game with my father and son, my GF was on a historical cemetery tour back in Rochester. At approximately 2:26 PM EST she texted me a pic of a grave stone of a man who passed and had a Bills helmet engraved on his stone. Her intent was to show me what a big fan he must have been, but of course this totally backfired and the Bills grave had already been dug for the day :(

• Shocked 1