Do we need to be quiet at home when the Bills are on offense? (Similar to Manning on the Colts)

Ramza86

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

I mean, that’s kind of an unspoken rule. People typically aren’t screaming when the offense is out there. 

If Josh thought the fans were conversing too loudly while the offense was out there he could’ve made the universal gestures for settle down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The funniest thing I saw from yesterday was when Pitt had the ball. All the Steeler fans in the end zone were yelling with the crowd and flipping those terrible tissues around. They don't even know when to cheer.

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It was pretty quiet when we had the ball.  Crowd noise was not an issue 

Maybe when we have the ball Josh gets nervous with everyone watching? Maybe we all need to duck down real low and hide our eyes😂

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Haha (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Inarguably, yes.

I have also noticed our fans struggle sometimes knowing when to be loud. It’s great being loud when the opposing O is at the line about to run a play, but sometimes that’s when fans start yelling. Should be yelling while they are in the huddle, too! 

Easier said than done. I don’t think it’s a case of the fans “knowing when to be loud”, I know for me I have a certain amount to oomph to give each play. I’d prefer to give it my all when they’re at the line and make it difficult for them to audible/make adjustments than wear myself out when they’re in the huddle. 

Am I safe to assume from this post you were there giving it your all from huddle to snap on each Defensive play? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Easier said than done. I don’t think it’s a case of the fans “knowing when to be loud”, I know for me I have a certain amount to oomph to give each play. I’d prefer to give it my all when they’re at the line and make it difficult for them to audible/make adjustments than wear myself out when they’re in the huddle. 

Am I safe to assume from this post you were there giving it your all from huddle to snap on each Defensive play? 

I have been to several games where fans are quiet while the other team’s offense is in the huddle and then get loud once the players line up.

My point is partially that a delay of game from noise in the huddle helps just as a delay of game or false start from noise while lined up. 

Unsafe to assume that because I was not in attendance. But any other game I have gone to, yes, I am screaming my head off from huddle to snap every defensive play and rarely have a voice left afterwards. 

My wife and I were talking about this.

Josh played great last year when stadiums were empty.

He listens to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Junior before games, rather than music that pumps him up.

Maybe when he gets too amped up, he plays poorly.  So maybe the best thing for him is peace and calm.  

I think everyone in the stadium should do a silent, joint meditation when the Bills are on offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe we just need to understand that Josh is going to have a bad game here and there.  ALL - and I mean ALL QBs have 'em.  Just sucks that it was on opening day for sure, but it's unreasonable to think he'll never make any mistakes and play error free though out the season.

If he starts stringing together a bunch of bad games, THEN I'll start to get concerned.  I suspect we'll see a better Josh against the Fins next week....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I made a post about this before the season (either on here or reddit, don't remember) where I basically thought this exact same thing. It seems Josh gets as amped up as the fans, and the more pressure leading into a game, the more erratic his play is. 

I kept half joking in the GameDay thread about sending the fans home, but at this point it just seems he plays better without all the added hype. 

Then again, he knows all the people are still there, noise or not. And opposing fans are going to be extra loud, especially during away games. 

So I guess we'll just have to hope he can find ways to calm down and tune out the noise.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

My wife and I were talking about this.

Josh played great last year when stadiums were empty.

He listens to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Junior before games, rather than music that pumps him up.

Maybe when he gets too amped up, he plays poorly.  So maybe the best thing for him is peace and calm.  

I think everyone in the stadium should do a silent, joint meditation when the Bills are on offense.  

I think its more than that with Allen.  During the 2019 season when fans were in attendance I thought he played better and was more in control of his game on the road (6-2) than at home (4-4).  I think Josh just tries too hard to return the support and for lack of a better word the "love" the fans show him and his Bills teammates at home.  Playing at Wyoming I don't expect he ever experienced an environment like a Bills home game before turning pro so it might still be a bit overwhelming for him.  But I expect with some awareness and a little more experience and maturity he'll settle down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

when Allen ran onto the field after the long kick return to start the game he was making the "quiet down" gesture to the fans.  No one paid attention.  He is clearly too hyped. It impacts not only his throwing ability (air mailing balls that should be TDs to Sanders yesterday), but also his decision making (not completing progressions and not noticing open WRs).  The solution is twofold: quiet on offense, and Josh perhaps see a sports psychologist to calm down.  

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I just think our o-line got manhandled, their secondary were all over our WR's, and the play calling left a lot to be desired.  Could be crowd noise though.

no doubt the O-line is an issue, but Josh had some bad plays all of his own.  They seem to be two independent issues to be solved.  

• Thank you (+1) 1